The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good Coin Stuff. Eager To Dig In! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have been away from coin stuff for a while, because I have pretty much only had time to focus on cards. But recently, during a business promo that I did, I said what the hey, and included a coins across with 8 Eisenhour dollars. Well, I was stunned, because it ended up being my crowd drawer. And also ended up being the centerpiece of my show. Something about 8 huge dollar coins that just draws people's eyes.

Plus, from a tactile perspective, those coins feel real good in your hands!

Anyway, that show and splendid responce has really whet my appetite to learn a lot more coin stuff..

I know there is a whole world of coin magic that you guys are cognizant of, that I am only partly aware of, but I'm eager to dig in.

I recently viewed some Paul Harris DVDs from the Stars Of Magic series, I believe, and Paul has some great stuff with coins and cards that I might start working on.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Wouter
View Profile
New user
Holland
62 Posts

Profile of Wouter
Sound like a good idea.
For a coins across with 8 Eisenhour dollars you need some skills.
Your probably more cognizant of the word of coin magic than you think.
Coin magic. Easy to learn, hard to master.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Coins thru Table
Coins thru Silk
Matrix

There are so many great ones.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
WHAT!!! Did some Say MATRIX!!! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Speakng of coins through silk, I loved the beautiful and very magical coins through silk Ammar taught on his ETM money magic DVDs. I no longer have the VHS tapes of the teaching, (nor a video tape player anymore) but I still have the transparent "silks" that I had to hunt down to learn the effect.

Well, you might guess, time has passed, and I no longer remember the routine. But I tbought it was a wonderful routine, and sure would appreciate it if someone could help me remember how the routine was done.
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
L&L publishing has several good DVDs regarding coin magic. I would recommend either the Michael Ammar series or the David Roth series.
Roth's work has pretty much become the standard. But I don't want to forget to mention Eric Jones either. He has some fabulous routines available as well. And if you want to get into some wild gaff coin work, just talk to the guy who posted above me here. (David Neighbors)
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Thanks Mixman,
And talking About Mixing stuff I have some Ungaffed Stuff. But most of My work is A Mix Of gaff and Sight of hand! I don't have Any stuff That is just Gaffed And that's it!!! Smile But when you get into that you have to Remember Not HOW But WHEN TO do a trick! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 22:47, mixman wrote:
L&L publishing has several good DVDs regarding coin magic. I would recommend either the Michael Ammar series or the David Roth series.
Roth's work has pretty much become the standard. But I don't want to forget to mention Eric Jones either. He has some fabulous routines available as well. And if you want to get into some wild gaff coin work, just talk to the guy who posted above me here. (David Neighbors)

I mentioned in my post that I used to gave the Ammar money tapes ffom L& L.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Welcome back to coin stuff.

Coins are great, whether one uses dimes and pennies, or big dollar size coins.

I also use them as warm ups, and getting to know platform/stage audiences.

Along with viewing tapes and books to learn sequences and plots, I also suggest you spend tim in play with coins and other items.

These can include magical things like scarfs, or cookies.

Since I haven't eaten a cookie in 8 years and 3 days(yes theres' an "app" for that) I use look a-like oreos, and other things. (such as grasshoppers in the summer).

My few DVD's include those from Dr. Sawa, Kam, McClintock and our own Michael R's stuff.

Harris
still with palms of aluminum foil, for a lighter touch in coin magic
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
I got back into magic just over a year ago after a long break and have been catching up with more recent coin magic material.

Something that I got a lot out of is this lecture by Kainoa Harbottle from January 2013.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3174
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Daff'!

I think the largest collection of great coin magic is this:

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/

Doug
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 22:42, daffydoug wrote:
Speakng of coins through silk, I loved the beautiful and very magical coins through silk Ammar taught on his ETM money magic DVDs. I no longer have the VHS tapes of the teaching, (nor a video tape player anymore) but I still have the transparent "silks" that I had to hunt down to learn the effect.

Well, you might guess, time has passed, and I no longer remember the routine. But I tbought it was a wonderful routine, and sure would appreciate it if someone could help me remember how the routine was done.
That's the one I'm thinking of Daffy.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Do you know where I can learn it since I no longer have access to my VHS tape version?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Check his web site, you may be able to get just that as a download.

It's also in his book Encore 3, which I believe is available as an ebook.
– Karl Germain
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Coins are versatile, aren't they ? I learned my stuff from the David Roth material but just got the METAL series by Eric Jones. This is a great series and destined to be a go-to resource for younger magicians. He is a good teacher and the routines are workable in the real world.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The real world! That's what counts!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good Coin Stuff. Eager To Dig In! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL