The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I an new, Hi everyone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Hi people, I am new to this site as well as magic. I am 29 and just starting to learn magic. Hope that's not too late. Any idea where to start?
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
Never to old to learn. Can't tell you were to start until we know what you have already learned. But there are lots of good beginner books out there to show you basic moves. And a lot depends on the kind of magic you want to do. Welcome to the Café.
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
Leon of PrimRose
View Profile
New user
mayfield, new york
69 Posts

Profile of Leon of PrimRose
Right. What Dan said. there are plenty of beginners tricks. never too old to learn. try some card sleights and tricks first. Cards seem to be the easiest to start out with.

-John-

P.S.- welcome to the Café. hope it helps you out. Smile
Being forgotten is worse than death

There was never anything but life...life and death...Good...Evil...It all depends on how you look at life... and death. The strong, the weak. It's all just a concept.

Believe the unbe
wizz
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of wizz
Hi there I'm wizz Ive been an amature magician for about two years, when I started a friend recomended learn as many sleights as posible.The best thing I found was if you are doing card magic is Daryls encyclopedia, this has loads of sleights.Im sure you have seen Blaines street magic, this will point you in the right direction for similar effects Smile
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Have started on Card College..very well written book and easy to understand. Got Crash Course from ellusionist as well....learnt the tricks there but still have no confidence to move out to show others..showed my wife..got discovered that I was doing a double lift....
But it's great to be in Magic Café...nice to meet all of you here...shall keep coming in to lern more..thanks guys......shall get the Daryl's encyclopedia....how that helps...
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Daniel,

Glad you decided to drop in! You'll find lots of information on the forum "New to Magic". Wonderful suggestions from many of the members at the Café. Suggestions as to what books,vids or CD's to purchase depending on your interest.

Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome! Smile
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
Hi there Daniel!

Welcome to The Magic Café!

29 isn't too old to start magic. There are many who have started close to your age and done well.

I agree with Chrystal; you'll find a lot of good and helpful information in the New to Magic? forum.

I'll see you around the Café.

Emily Belleranti
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Thank you friends...glad to have discovered this Café...shall visit the new to magic forum...thanks gain..
Ricahato
View Profile
Regular user
denver
113 Posts

Profile of Ricahato
Welcome to the Café, I know great magicians that started doing magic after their fifties so there is no problem there, there are lots of material out there so don't get caught on buying like crazy get a book and try to learn as much as possible, learn a few tricks and start doing them to as many people as possible that will give you confidence and inspiration. and you are on the best place to get guidance. Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Daniel Smile Smile Smile
Nice to welcome you to the Café. Never too old to learn and I ahve a student who started magic at 53 and now in two years he is performing everywhere. When you compare you are even young to learn ...On the orher you have such a resource as the Magiccafe. All you have to do id to ask.Please enjoy a cup of strong Turkish Coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next posts.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I an new, Hi everyone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL