The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » The Homing Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
John Luka has a version of this in L.I.N.T. which is based on Bro. Hamman's version. Nearly sleight-free.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
167 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Fred Kaps, for sure
Mike the Magician
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
In the long run, it matters not who's version you use. It does not hurt to experiment with more than one way, find which suits your personality. Perhaps you will find yourself using things from all of them. Our audiences see the effect, not whos version. Some very good sources have been shared so enjoy the journey in finding what you can do.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On 2013-03-29 22:34, Wravyn wrote:
In the long run, it matters not who's version you use. It does not hurt to experiment with more than one way, find which suits your personality. Perhaps you will find yourself using things from all of them. Our audiences see the effect, not whos version. Some very good sources have been shared so enjoy the journey in finding what you can do.

Well put, my friend. Discovering the answers as you go through your journey is a big part of the fun.
krowboom
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago area
233 Posts

Profile of krowboom
My vote goes to the "Comeback Bee" by Tommy James. It's easy to do, no sleights, and great for kids. The homing card with regular cards never played well with kids at least for me.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 11:19, krowboom wrote:
My vote goes to the "Comeback Bee" by Tommy James. It's easy to do, no sleights, and great for kids. The homing card with regular cards never played well with kids at least for me.

When I was a teenager myself, I used it a lot in my kid shows and it played well. There is a version out now in the U.K specifically aimed at kids called Cakes and Adders where the cards have candles on for a birthday cake but a snake keeps appearing.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
According to the research Qua-Fiki and I did before publishing his "Big, Bad Bunnies" in the Wizards' Journal #25, we discovered that the Homing Card was invented by Fred Braue (based on an effect by the Japanese magician Tenkai) and first published in Showstoppers with Cards by Hugard & Braue, in 1948. Fred Kaps popularized it so that his name has now become attached to it. However, while Qua-Fiki's version eliminates most of the slights, it opens it up for use by most kid show performers for presentations to kids, and adds elements, like the vanishing wolf Card Box, that none of the other variations has. There's a video if you want to check it out.
Emanuel Chester
View Profile
New user
Howell, NJ, USA
30 Posts

Profile of Emanuel Chester
Did "Big, Bad Bunnies" get tested on children? The way Qua-Fiki presents it, is quite long-drawn. I fear I won't be able to keep the childrens' attention. Now, I usually don't perform magic for children so it could be my own bias playing tricks on me.
Renaissance Man ~ I am interested in a lot, I can do a lot, I have done a lot. Not all equally well, and there's still a lot more for me to explore.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The beauty of his routine is that it can be shortened or lengthened to take the ages and attention spans of the children into consideration. All of that is explained in his e-Book. The version shown in the video is about right for smart aleck third or fourth graders.
theatfusatfus
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of theatfusatfus
Emanuel Chester
View Profile
New user
Howell, NJ, USA
30 Posts

Profile of Emanuel Chester
Thank you, mr. Gerrish!
Renaissance Man ~ I am interested in a lot, I can do a lot, I have done a lot. Not all equally well, and there's still a lot more for me to explore.
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
The version on Malone Meets Marlo Vol. 1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » The Homing Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL