The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » David Solomon's "Color Collision" Is A Work Of Genius (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Get your hands on this if you can. I'm not sure if it's even on the market any more, but if you can hunt down a set, it's going to be worth your time to learn. 

David Solomon's "Color Collision" has a lot going for it. 

It's an oil and water, using JUMBO bikes that is done in the spectator's hands. Oil and water routines don't come any finer than this.

The point of the routine, being in three phases, is that they are going to believe there is no way you can manipulate jumbo cards. And as far as actual sleight of hand, there are no sleights. It's all in the simple but clever handling.

(Well, two of the the eight  cards are subtly gimmicked, but the routine is so structured that everything looks very clean, fair and above board.) 

Phase one: Reds and blacks are mixed in the spectator's  hands, and they instantly separate. Clean as a whistle.

Phase 2. The mixing  is repeated FACE UP so they clearly see blacks interspersed between reds, and once again, they instantly separate.

Phase 3 : The separated  reds and blacks instantly MIX THEMSELVES again!

I'm telling you, this routine gets the money. As I said, it all looks so clean and above board. The addition of jumbo cards is the icing on the cake.
Also, David has included his wonderful routine which involves a series of bets, and a story about him having been taken, which he demonstrates in the spectators own hands, using real cash to illustrate each phase.

This is a true winner. If you can hunt down a set somewhere in internet land, this will be well worth your efforts. 
In fact, I have two sets. One used one for practicing, and a newer set for actual performance purposes. I love this effect!

Daff
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man, I feel like the Lone Ranger, here!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5865 Posts

Profile of motown
I wonder if it's in one of his books or maybe on one of his DVDs.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I don't know. But one of the gaffs would be a little tricky to make.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » David Solomon's "Color Collision" Is A Work Of Genius (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL