We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » "Silk News" video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm working on "Silk News" from Rice's Encyclopedia of Silk Magic. (Vol. 1, Pg. 222)

I also have instruction for Max Andrews' "The Vampire". They seem essentially the same.

I'm having some wrist and angle problems and wondering about how others have dealt with some of my issues.

I've only seen the effect once in person, maybe 15 years ago (Jade) but I was VERY impressed (of course).

I'm wondering if anyone has a link to anyone performing this effect?

I tried youtube but got nothing. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a whole act link that may include this effect.

I'm also interested in any tips someone may have if they perform this effect.

P.M. me if you wish.

Thank you.

-Mary Mowder
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7343 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Mary,
I will dig out the old directions I have. Angles are a problem but you can either dover them to side or work in front of your body tight. Think of your arm as clock hand moving from 3 o clock to 6 clock and back. Also keep the paper grasped by the edge with the hand holding gimmick. Then the paper can be used for cover.

Look up Jade on Youtube as she does it in her act.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3034 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
An alternate gimmick is worn on the wrist and is covered and uncovered as the jacket or costume sleeve slides over it or away from it, thus reducing most angle problems.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Thank you Jim and Richard.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
This use to be an old effect used with a matchbox for the gimmick. Being that it is old, I can't think of an old timer that used it on television. I'm sure it has to be out there though.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
This is not the same one.

I'm thinking that because I am not a Chavez Graduate I haven't trained the wrist muscles I need so I'm getting quite a bit of soreness. The needed positions are feeling quite awkward.

I'll keep at it and see how it goes.

So far I have not found anyone doing it on youtube.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » "Silk News" video? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL