The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Do I have the RIGHT to perform it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Hey guys, this may seem straight forward, however, I am not sure and need some confirmation.

If I am performing on a TV show and I decide to perform "torn 2 pieces" (as a random example)
Am I legally allowed to perform this trick?
(I bought the trick and the DVD, but do I have the right to perform it?)

For example, I know that the "loops" from Yigal Mesika says on the instructions that special permission is needed to use the loops in an effect on TV.

How does it work??
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hi yanay,

I would say that the best thing to do is to contact the inventor of the effect. He'll tell you. Either he'll say yes, go ahead, no problem, or he might say no. In this case the question would be : Could you purchase the permission to presnet the effect on TV from him ? If not, than you might have to find another effect.

Neitherless I would say, that it's globally ok to present the purchased effects for TV, excempt if otherwise indicated on the product you bought.

Good luck,

Oliver.
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
That's what I figured. Thanks Oliver Smile
DavidThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of DavidThomas
Unless the rights are reserved, I would go ahead and perform it.
David Thomas
TheWorldofMagic.com
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 11:41, yankay37 wrote:
For example, I know that the "loops" from Yigal Mesika says on the instructions that special permission is needed to use the loops in an effect on TV.

That's pretty ironic, you know, for this kind of thing is especially supposed to be, uh... invisible.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
296 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Quote:
On 2013-05-29 23:06, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 11:41, yankay37 wrote:

That's pretty ironic, you know, for this kind of thing is especially supposed to be, uh... invisible.

LMAO!!!

"You used my invention on TV."
"No I didn't."
"Yes you did."
"Prove it."
"It's on the video right here! Look, right at 23 seconds in, there it is-... there... it's... Never mind."
a.k.a. Nathan Allen
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
AHAAHHAAH! this is what I thought...

But I guess.. you can't use his technique.. I mean, in a sense, lots of magic is "invisible"
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
So what happened? Have you performed on TV? Did you perform Torn 2 Pieces? How'd it go?
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Thanks for asking Ba Ba... I was just using torn 2 pieces as an example. Not going on TV ... yet Smile
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Ah, I got ya. Well, if you do, do let us know how it goes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Do I have the RIGHT to perform it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL