The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Trouble remembering Mnemonica order (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
camron
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of camron
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
I can't believe I posted this in 2013! Funny story for anyone who bothers reading this, I've had Harry Lorayne's memory book for a few years now, but I never put in the time to learn the systems properly. That's until recently, I started working on the peg words (I studied and memorized all 100 words) and I learned all the card words as well.

Lo and behold, last night I studied the Mnemonica stack once again, which I gave up on a few times before, because I just couldn't commit the *** thing to memory. Using Harry's system, I was able to learn the ENTIRE Mnemonica stack in about half an hour. I was stunned LOL. For the longest time, I was trying to memorize this stack with brute force and I was never able to get it right, and I only spent half an hour last night, and committed the stack to memory using a simple memory system.

Lesson learned folks. Mnemonics really help. I highly recommend Harry Lorayne's Memory book. Thank you Harry!

Mor

I was 1st shown the system by my teacher, who learned it from harry's books and he blew my mind with some of the demonstrations..... The **** works!
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
862 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, Harry Lorayne wrote:
You're welcome, Mor. It's just amazing to me...people all over the world, for decades - since my first book on the subject (1956) have believed in my memory training systems, used my memory training systems to give themselves memories they never thought possible ---- but magicians, a milieu where I am pretty well known - JUST WON'T LISTEN. Well, their loss, right, Mor?

I know! Funny how that works eh? To each their own I suppose. I'm just sharing my story so that others can learn from my mistakes. And for people to get your Memory book!
Lechaim Harry!

Mor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Trouble remembering Mnemonica order (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL