The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best coin vanishing gimmick? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Hi all, with so many gimmicks etc on the market, I'm looking for the best way to vanish a single coin. Im working on a routine and looking for something a bit different to vanish a coin. I don’t really want to do the job with a coin handkerchief, raven - gecko (or a similar type of p**l) or even use pure slight of hand (for different reasons), but looking for something a unusual to make a coin vanish. Perhaps a gimmick where you clearly show a coin being put into a ??? then it disappears.

I know that over the years I have seen various gimmicks, but for the life of me can’t seem to now recall them. After doing lots of searches, I still cannot seem to find anything… so was just wondering if anyone can help for close up/strolling?

Thanks all
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
TKO 2.0
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Your sleeves? Or a bar magnet stashed in a side/back pocket can make for some very clean vanishes.
Besides a hankerchief, most things tend to look pretty prop-ish for vanishing a coin. The only thing coming to mind is Rattled by Dan Hauss.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
"clearly show a coin being put into a ??? then it dissapears" I would suggest a change bag. They make small ones that would be perfect for this as you describe it here.

http://www.funinc.com/xcart/product.php?......0&page=1 pocket size, or they make bigger ones
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have even heard of converting a crown royal bag into a zipper change bag. http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/magict......5-3.html
pricey but if you use crown royal bags to hold as many props as I do. THIS IS THE ANSWER - BAR NONE...
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Platt
Blackout

shhh
...to all the coins I've dropped here
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yes I was looking into the Blackout funny enough... would this be suitable as I wear a black waistcoat when performing? I don't want to talk or discuss what the actual gimmick is, but thought it may be a kind a topit in a sense??? The TKO is a neat idea, but don't want to use this when performing.
Thanks all and appreciate all your help.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Sorry guys... Forget the last comment about blackout (was thinking of another effect) this is good, but am after a gimmick to make a borrowed coin disappear. The change bag is a nice idea, but in my opinion is looks a bit ‘children’s entertainer’ ish. I am a close up magician and ideally want to stay away from the tenyo items as well. As great as they are in working etc, it’s a shame they don’t portrait the professional look that we workers want to try and get.
Thanks
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
A good retention vanish is priceless.

I have a Devil's Pocket Square from Lynetta Welch (Fabric Manipulation) that will easily vanish a silver dollar without a hint of a 'tell'.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Ultimate Rattle Purse (With DVD) - Michael Rubinstein looks good. Also just a old fashion rattle box.

Leo Jr
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Sleeves ? Still need sleights though. I'm not sure what you mean by unusual though.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Early on I learned that, "The easiest coin to vanish is the one that never was."

Why focus on "best method" for causing a coin to vanish at the moment of apparent magic (Synchronous) when an Asynchronous approach of pre-ditching can support many "moments of magic with clean hands.

A combination of Pattern of Performance, Directed Focus, Inattention of Vision and Acting can surpass any gimmick out there. These you may use for the Ditch, but not ideal for the "moment."

you might check out the Pumpkin Seed Vanish and "Krotch" though -- or a good ROV combined with Preemptive Doubt.

The key to any "best vanish" is closing all doors prior to the apparent execution.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Daz Buckley I was referring to ‘unusual’ as being anything other than perhaps a p**l. So for example perhaps some type of coin box to make the vanish of a coin e.g an okito box to do a simple vanish (as they will still hear the coin inside when shaken – but then disappeared when performing the gravity drop)

Funsway, great take on what the audience perceive as magic, the moment etc and in a normal situation this is the perfect thinking behind magic – especially a vanish of a coin. But, the point I am trying to get across is I'm looking for a item to make just one coin disappear – I know it sounds a little odd to request this, its just the premise of an effect I'm working on… So for example I could use an okito box, various p***s, rattle box (as mentioned above) Die coin box (like a die box but using a coin) – a gimmick/item/prop/trick that would allow me to borrow a coin and just make it disappear.

Thanks Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Qua-Fiki has come up with a variation of the Curtis Kam retention coin vanish that he uses in his Inverted Matrix routine. Qua-Fiki's innovation allows it to be performed apart from the matrix and uses a business card instead of a playing card. Qua-Fiki holds out his business card and has someone place a coin on the card. Qua-Fiki uses Curtis Kam's move to vanish the coin, but then follows up by rotating the card around his fingers, showing both hands empty, and hands the card to the spectator saying, "Thanks for the coin. You just bought yourself my business card." Later on he can make the coin reappear, but usually he picks up some spare change this way.
The move is explained on Curtis Kam's DVD "Silverado."
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
OK -- there is a small wooden tray from Daytona Magic that can make a coin vanish. http://www.daytonamagic.com/panel-board-......07c.html

and a coin vanishing cloth http://www.daytonamagic.com/coin-vanisher-cloth-aa040.html
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Don't, whatever you do, be sucked in by 'The Coin Vanisher' from SEO Magic!

Despite being associated with Ponta The Smith, it's nothing other than a noisy, unreliable piece of utter plastic junk.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Well, what a coincidence... Merc Man I was looking at various vids last night for the coin vanisher by SEO. It does in actual fact look really nice, and quite versatile esp with the bill switch etc HOWEVER I have read many posts of people complaining about the actual gimmick (as you have mentioned above) Which is a shame really. WMS gave it quite a good review on thier wizard product review, but feel if a took a chance with this I will be disappointed. Thanks for the ideas though all and really appreciate the support and suggestions so far.

Still after something quite small compact, easily fits into pocket ideal for walk around. I know there is something out there I just cant put my finger on it...
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Basically, there was an ongoing war of words between SEO Magic and myself about this abysmal product a few months back.

It isn't a reel - it's a bill snatcher. It rattles like a skeleton having a fit in a tin can - and broke the very first night that I used it in performance.

It's actually an adapted version of a cheap, inferior device sold by King Magic - a bunch of rip-off merchants based in China. On their website, I think it actually sells for something like 70 cents! The accompanying DVD by Ponta the Smith is also an absolute disgrace to magical tuition. Why he put his name to this product simply beggars belief.

You are also right in that it was given a high mark on the WPR. I really don't know why as neither Dave or Craig road-tested or used it.

Steer well clear fella. It's complete and utter JUNK!
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
It probably looks good because Ponta is performing the demo. Ponta could make cat doo doo look good!

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
BTW, I think Kranzo sold these - or something very similar - for a while at his site. If you really need to use a gimmick to vanish a coin for this particular routine, get a Raven instead. Better still, vanish the coin using a method like in MB's quicky-tricky (as he calls it!),"The One and Only" video. Gets 'em every time for me. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfso1HfDEj0

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best coin vanishing gimmick? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL