The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psypher by Robert Smith - Product Review... anyone know? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
875 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Will do! Smile

Cheers
Th.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Soon I will post the image from my Psypher in a typical situation - I don't think I have seen anyone else do that and I don't think it would be exposure.

May not have time to do it until next week...

But Parapad is still king.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
Everything Paraguys do is the best no question.
~NYN
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2013, David Thiel wrote:
Brett, Brett, Brett...

If you're driving a Yugo and someone puts the keys to a Porsche into your hands, do you close your eyes and hop back into the Yugo?

David

PS: The last time someone waggled a finger in my face I bit it off. OOPS...that case is still before the court. I should have said "The last time someone waggled a finger in my face I ALLEGEDLY bit it off." Smile

Well I'm no longer driving a YUGO but still get lots of mileage from Psypher at gigs. I still love the organic nature of it with good imp and visible in many situations.

And even after years of using it I just learned something new this week:

1. I just tried gimm*****g a Phoenix Parlour deck and it works AMAZINGLY well combined with Psypher. Really nice. With a fresh piece of material cut to fit the bigger size - and the larger cards are perfect for bigger settings. Love it.

2. If you want to use the Parlour size deck you will also need to create a kind of "shim" inside the box using about 8-10 stacked and glued business cards stuck to the interior middle of the box. The reason is that the cards when inside the box have a bit too much play room - and hence the g*****k doesn't push as flush to the back side of the inside of the card box. With the shim cards inside you will be blown by how clear the imp is.

3. The shim idea brings me to this point - for those who have shelved their Psypher unhappy with the imp - I would suggest even trying adding 3-5 business cards and glue them in the same way to the inside of your Bike or other brand of box. This should have the same effect of puching the gimmick tight and flush to the interior side of the box facing the side which will be written on. The result I think will be a VERY dark & legible imp that you will love.

The shim idea (with cards) has never to my knowledge been suggested since Psypher came out.

It in no way hinders the removal of the cards, but I think you will be blown away by the difference in quality of imp.

This may be a Yugo, but for me Psypher still runs like a little Honda S2000 - I get some great mileage out of it.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The Parapad material works perfectly with ANY brand of playing cards. No shim required. I easily get a perfect imp on the second card from the face of the cased pack. (the material is glued to the face of that card.) Thus, the pack can be freely removed from the case without anything being seen. I glimpse the imp while spreading through the pack.

Not possible with the Psypher material.

It's the imp material more than the pad itself that makes ParaPad far superior.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
As usual Bob is right - ParaPad still reigns as king.

But I have never had Psypher fail me in a show so far, and for that I am still happy with it.

Another big plus is that wit Parapad you get amazing support - and with Psypher it seems to be dwindling.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3670 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You say it, Bob said it Smile . Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2013, Olympic Adam wrote:
I never use the Café search function,

site:themagiccafe.com what I want

is the best thing to use

Very useful, thank you.
count_cashliostro
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of count_cashliostro
I use Psypher a lot and I love it. I have gimmicked many things at this point. My only problem seems to be participant management because they will sometimes write like Lilliputians despite me saying, "write it in big block letters so you can visualize it clearly and easily." This same problem would be true with any device that I know of though! ;-)

I also love Riggs' stuff.

Haven't gotten Parapad as I've spent too much on imp devices as it is, since they are a luxury!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, JanForster wrote:
You say it, Bob said it Smile . Jan

Jan got a new face - I mean Avatar Smile

Nice photo Jan - you handsome devil.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
You inspired me to take the plunge to!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4238 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2013, David Thiel wrote:
Brett, Brett, Brett...

If you're driving a Yugo and someone puts the keys to a Porsche into your hands, do you close your eyes and hop back into the Yugo?

I know its over a year ago but David ...... why did you suddenly go offtopic and on to blindfold drives? Are you getting someone to do a drawing of the route then you drive it blindfolded? Smile

Guys this is a great thread.

I have some useful info on drawing supe that I am looking in to AND also a search technique for using Goodle to search a specific site.

Thanks to all of you ......

ahh the memory of the Ugos and Ladas!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I still love Psypher - use it all the time
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
I also use psypher, I wish I could get a larger sheet of that material, anyone know who sells bigger ones ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Is this what you are looking for mi Amigo?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2147
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Also Penguin seems to finally have the Psypher Pens available again after a long long time on non-availability.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3741 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
(grumble...grumble...I still use Parapad...only ParaPad...grumble..."psypher?"...snort...pffft....grumble...Yugo drivers suck...)
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
😃😃😃
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10388 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Here is a phto of the imp I received from a performance with Psypher ths evening (card box - name and card routine).

This is typical for me and highly legible as you can plainly see - no issues.

One little trick/hint is that I inserted 2-3 blank glued business cards to the inside (back) of the playing card box. This helps to keep the playing cards more tightly pushed forward, so the gimmick receives a better (more clear) imp.

I still use my Psupher often and it has never failed me...

It packs a very powerful punch.

Click here to view attached image.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Also Penguin seems to finally have the Psypher Pens available again after a long long time on non-availability.

Of course, if you use the ParaPad and have a ParaPen construction kit, you not only get better impressions, but you NEVER have to worry about getting a new pen when it runs out of ink.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psypher by Robert Smith - Product Review... anyone know? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL