The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If you mix liquor with water then...... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Sitting in my fridge right now. Would love to see someone (young or old) take a nice big swaller, straight up.

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I got me some of that white stuff myself. We get it out of Virginia stills. $40 a gallon, what do you pay? Not sure I know what's in that second jar though?

Nice big swaller? Now that there is for sippin' straight up as you say.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I keep a jar of that around myself. However, I have a bunch of starlight mints dissolved in it. If I feel a bit of the crud coming on, a couple swigs will knock it right out. World's best cough medicine.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 21:54, Michael Baker wrote:
I keep a jar of that around myself. However, I have a bunch of starlight mints dissolved in it. If I feel a bit of the crud coming on, a couple swigs will knock it right out. World's best cough medicine.

I LIKE the mints additive Michael! Cough medicine, decongestant, and sleep inducer, all in a couple of good, as you say, swigs! Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 14:07, T. Durden wrote:
I'm a 20-something and I like to order (insert whichever whiskey I feel like at the time here) and water all the time.
Should I just go ahead and start my midlife crisis now?

Forget your midlife crisis; it won't be over your whiskey and water. More likely it will involve a hot red sports car and "is this all there is?" as a start, then your seeking other hot aspects of indulgence. If you're lucky, you'll avoid the temptations, especially if you're married when it comes....and it will.

So, for your whiskey tasting, here is my suggestion; others will have other suggestions, but this one is mine.

Start ordering your whiskey of preference on the rocks, let it sit a bit and let the ice do a little mingling as it melts; sip a bit, and take your time to enjoy the whiskey. Learn what you like and what you don't like. Don't rush it. (Where have you learned that before?)

When I was in my twenty somethings I was mostly a beer and wine drinker, and the few times I ordered whiskey, Scotch was my choice in the form of Scotch and soda, probably owing to the old Kingston Trio song. That's because I didn't know squat about Scotch, or any other whiskey for that matter, and the soda gave it a bit of a fizz. But only when I reached my mid sixties after working decades around the newspaper business, did I learn the pleasures of good whiskey, sipped on ice. A double is a good start. Smile Have fun with your journey.

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Part of that journey (if you follows Bob's recommendations and more so if you travel) is the adventure of sampling local water. At least that's where most ice comes from. It's kind of like sex with different women... mostly the same, but with differences ranging from subtle to noticable.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 05:49, Michael Baker wrote:
Part of that journey (if you follows Bob's recommendations and more so if you travel) is the adventure of sampling local water. At least that's where most ice comes from. It's kind of like sex with different women... mostly the same, but with differences ranging from subtle to noticable.

The statistically minded wish to know your sample size.

The sensitive would rather not.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
LOL! The magician knows how to keep a secret.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 05:49, Michael Baker wrote:

Excellent advice Michael! Not all ice is created equal in the stomachs of foreigners, no matter the country. But your analogy of ice and sex with different women is one of the best original quotes I've seen on the Café. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If you mix liquor with water then...... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL