The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New user from Washington (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Hi, everyone. I'm a 30 year old guy that's done magic as a hobby since elementary school, but never taken it very far. I decided recently that I want to get more serious about magic, so I figured it might be a good idea to stop lurking here and join.

I've never been terribly good at sleights, whether coin or card, but that's largely because of lazy practicing techniques. Smile So a lot of the tricks I currently do involve gimmicks of one sort or another. I want to change that; it would be nice to have a lot of tricks on me without having to be loaded up with gimmicks ready to go.

I'm also interested in coming up with my own tricks, though I haven't yet. I've varied the routine and patter of tricks I have, but never quite to the point of making a new trick.

Tomorrow will be my first IBM meeting; not knowing what kind of "magical climate" my area has, I am looking into joining the local IBM ring.

And this is running long, and possibly giving you more information than you want to know, so I'll cut it short now. Smile
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Welcome Silverfire9!

A while back (only just over a year ago) I thought that most magic (coin, card, whatever) relied on gimmicks. I though sleight of hand was a myth.

Agrrhhh!! How wrong I was. The sleights of close-up magic are amazing. Things are done that I never thought possible.

I think you current tack is a good one. It will enable you to perform on-the-fly at a moments notice.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Beetroot

PS. Your post wasn't that long. You should see some of mine. All the best!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Silverfire,

Hope you enjoyed your meeting and met others with the same interest as you. The Lynwood ring recently hosted a convention which I'm sure you would have enjoyed. Ah well, there's always next year. You may want to check out the forum, Food For Thought,- What's the Magic Scene Like In Your Area, as I believe some members from your area posted. Also be sure to check out the Forum, New to Magic, lots of great info there.

Enjoy your stay here, grab a chair, get comfortable and prepare for lots of reading!

Welcome! Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Silverfire Smile Smile Smile
Welcome the best Café on the net. Ypou have nice resume so we may expect a little bit more. You may get a new start here to upgrade your magical skills. Everybody will defimitely help. Please enjoy a cup of strong Turkish Coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next posts.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New user from Washington (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL