The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks deiricm and Michael. I'm glad you are enjoying TDBT so much. I'm also glad you're taking the time to master it as I get nervous when someone writes they read TDBT and performed it later the same day. Yes, it is easy to do. But it takes practice and thought to do it well.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
So last night I practiced in front of my 12 y/o son who is also learning magic and mentalism. He knows the moves and he was impressed. He knows when I had to do what I'd do and it happened so quickly. PS I love the flip subtlety at the end.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I didn't like the tear at first. However I kept going practicing it along with some other tears. Finally I "got it" and now its my tear of choice (for business cards).

A funny note. I work at a bank and some sales guy keeps a stack of his business cards on a table right by the Caféteria entrance. Every time I walk by I grab a few and tear them up. I wonder If the guy thinks I hate him...
Lakewood, Ohio
Roger Curzon
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Roger Curzon
Just recieved Br Bill's Billet Tear and am very pleased with it, especially sine it works particularly well with heavy duty flash paper. Unlike some paper once the 'work' has been put in it stays there.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 08:17, Michael Bilkis wrote:
PS I love the flip subtlety at the end.

Agree...that 'subtlety' is marvelous...erases the possibility of trickery, in their minds. Very slick.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I have been using this as my go to tear since first reading the pdf.

Dr Bill has taken what was once a complicated process or tearing, swapping hands, orientating, peeking, tearing again etc... and has streamlined it so that you get all the info you need in the fastest and simplest way possible that gives you the biggest area you could ask for!

As I said to Bill, it's almost too easy!!!

If anyone has ever been hesitant about tears then I highly recommend you get this to cure your fears.

For anyone who wants the best tear around then I highly recommend this too!

Cheers
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Even though I am thoroughly pleased with Ran Pink's T-Rex, and use it all the time, I think I'm going to have to pick up Dr. Bill's Tear at some point and learn it too. I keep watching the demo video and it's just too good not to know.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I picked up T Rex and as good as it is I find that if the item I'm tearing is a business card I will use Dr Bills 99 times out of 100. It's so clean and simple it feels like cheating.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
CVawlle
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of CVawlle
This is the only tear I'll ever need, I have a couple of specific pieces that make use of a CT as the action of tearing makes sense within the routine, and I couldn't have wished for an easier and direct process.

:)
The Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
Hollywood,CA
19 Posts

Profile of The Perceptionist
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, CVawlle wrote:
This is the only tear I'll ever need, I have a couple of specific pieces that make use of a CT as the action of tearing makes sense within the routine, and I couldn't have wished for an easier and direct process.

:)

I can't agree more, I especially prefer the flip variant!
count_cashliostro
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of count_cashliostro
Everything by Dr. Bill is well-written and well thought out.
Amro
View Profile
New user
Room 217
51 Posts

Profile of Amro
Yes, very elegant. I like it especially because there are (almost) no "area-restrictions". Very useful tool in the arsenal. After having produced a pile of confetti once more, I am ready to give it a try.
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Dr. Bill's work is formidable on all accounts. The Dr's Billet Tear is without question natural, effective, user friendly and caused me to acquire a flat forehead from slapping my open palm against it saying, "why didn't I think of that!" Smile

The man's creations in relation to the mind are healing, powerful, inspiring and pure works of art.
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I'm still having a bit of an issue getting my finger to "pop it". I'm trying to be as vague as possible on purpose. If anyone else had this problem and solved it please PM.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
It seems that I've been skipping step six. I'll give it some more practice.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
I have this and think it's great. However, having focused primarily on card magic, I don't have any good routines for this. Can some of you share your favorite routines or uses for this tear?
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
My biggest issue with tears is the timing of the peek. I feel like I can't find the right moment.
Vincent V.
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2014, twistedace wrote:
I'm still having a bit of an issue getting my finger to "pop it". I'm trying to be as vague as possible on purpose. If anyone else had this problem and solved it please PM.

Have the same problem no matter what, that's why I prefer TREX.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Pop it - Bill's bit with the thumb at the start, then a bend back as you go for the pop? ... To vague?

P**k: just like any p***. Justified. Bring hands up a bit as you Get ready with pop, look up as you ask them to put their hands out and keep hold of it or tear it up, as you say "hands" look down at their hand as you bring your hands into your line of sight looking at their hands, pop it (if you havent already, p**k tear it ... The hand that goes forward (this should also be the hand that you natural hand someone something with) in the tearing motion immediately takes the closest hands pieces AS the closet hand comes forward a bit and gives its pieces to the forward, AS you turn your away and extend the forward hand to deposit into their hand.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I got it. I feel that using this as part of a routine with two billets is the way to go.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL