The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Real Secrets update (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
toberman
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of toberman
RS Members,

Head over to the site for a 3/26 update to the notes section. RS suggests checking out the site at least twice a month to take advantage of ideas, bonuses, and instruction sheets.

Terry
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
I had to stop my subscription. Too much garbage that literally wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. One nice rope piece, but the rest - useless to me. I hope they step up their game, because I LOVE the idea. I just couldn't justify the cost. I felt the same way I did when I went to the magic shop for the first time and the owner sold me a bunch crap lying to me and saying that it was the best thing in magic and the best place to learn more. He should have sold me a book instead he sold me junk like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWqmPObsJ-8 and this: http://www.illusionwarehouse.com/Cart/de......28114513

Keep us posted if things get better over there.
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I still think it wouldn’t kill them to send out a broadcast email when they throw something new on there.

Thanks for the tip Terry!

Jim
toberman
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of toberman
Actually jtmorris, both those examples show pretty useful items as long as they are performed with the right presentations. Obviously you need some work there. I suggest you set up your game!
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
J-Mac wrote: "I still think it wouldn’t kill them to send out a broadcast email when they throw something new on there."

Yes. Or just email the content to the subscribers who paid for it.

No online hide and seek! No parts of our subscription missed because we were tending to Real Life instead of Real Secrets...
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-03-28 16:00, duanebarry wrote:
J-Mac wrote: "I still think it wouldn’t kill them to send out a broadcast email when they throw something new on there."

Yes. Or just email the content to the subscribers who paid for it.

No online hide and seek! No parts of our subscription missed because we were tending to Real Life instead of Real Secrets...

Play by their rules or go home.

Real Secrets trumps Real Life.

Don't you realize that by now?

:bat:
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Rules, ha.

I'm amazed at how the Real Secrets administrators seem to break their own rules more than any subscriber has done. Michael Weber has given open lectures on RS effects and has given away an RS prop free with any purchase. Not to mention the RS effect they openly published in Genii (with props!), the RS effect they gave away to every attendee at the Genii convention (with props!), the optical illusion circulating on the web for years before RS decided to sell it to us (and without credit to its creator)...

But more to the point of this particular thread, their own website states that Real Secrets is "delivered every month directly to your mailbox."

But they only deliver half the content that way. The other half of what we pay for is irregularly posted to a website without notice, and deleted shortly after.

It's like ordering a pizza for delivery, but when it gets to your house there's only half a pizza in the box. The other half isn't even baked yet. And they won't phone you when it's ready. It's up to you to go to the pizza shop yourself, repeatedly, and keep checking whether they've baked it yet. And when they do bake it, if you don't show up before it cools down they'll throw your pizza into the garbage!

That's an insane way to sell a product. But that's the Real Secrets way.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3519 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Will it ever be possible to have a Real Secrets post without the endless repetitive negativity . We get it really we do. There have been many posts for you folks to vent. Surely there can be one Post without the endless rants. Who I am kidding...

Thanks for the update toberman, heading over now.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I know what you mean....you get about 3 weeks to right click 'save as'
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I'll bet you are fun at parties.
James

Quote:
On 2013-03-28 19:22, duanebarry wrote:
Rules, ha.

I'm amazed at how the Real Secrets administrators seem to break their own rules more than any subscriber has done. Michael Weber has given open lectures on RS effects and has given away an RS prop free with any purchase. Not to mention the RS effect they openly published in Genii (with props!), the RS effect they gave away to every attendee at the Genii convention (with props!), the optical illusion circulating on the web for years before RS decided to sell it to us (and without credit to its creator)...

But more to the point of this particular thread, their own website states that Real Secrets is "delivered every month directly to your mailbox."

But they only deliver half the content that way. The other half of what we pay for is irregularly posted to a website without notice, and deleted shortly after.

It's like ordering a pizza for delivery, but when it gets to your house there's only half a pizza in the box. The other half isn't even baked yet. And they won't phone you when it's ready. It's up to you to go to the pizza shop yourself, repeatedly, and keep checking whether they've baked it yet. And when they do bake it, if you don't show up before it cools down they'll throw your pizza into the garbage!

That's an insane way to sell a product. But that's the Real Secrets way.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
356 Posts

Profile of MJE
I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about this program for about a year, now. Is it still going? If so, is it still just bits of paper based on older effects, or have things been upgraded? Just curious.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2014, MJE wrote:
I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about this program for about a year, now. Is it still going? If so, is it still just bits of paper based on older effects, or have things been upgraded? Just curious.

Sorry, subs aren't allowed to tell nom-subs what's going on.

If you want the inside scoop you're gonna have to pay up and join just like everyone else.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Bande
Just my $.02 but I greatly prefer Kozmo's Reel Magic model -- I know what I get, it has high value and I have yet to meet anyone disappointed with what they get for their $5. Doesn't mean there isn't value to what Real Secrets is doing, and accept that there is an audience for them as well, just not a business model I have chosen to endorse with my money. The marketplace is a powerful thing -- if people like Real Secrets model it will continue and likely will spawn similar plays - -similarly with Kozmo's product. I endorse the latter by purchasing it and refusing to reward Real Secrets. Smile
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2014, Bande wrote:
Just my $.02 but I greatly prefer Kozmo's Reel Magic model -- I know what I get, it has high value and I have yet to meet anyone disappointed with what they get for their $5. Doesn't mean there isn't value to what Real Secrets is doing, and accept that there is an audience for them as well, just not a business model I have chosen to endorse with my money. The marketplace is a powerful thing -- if people like Real Secrets model it will continue and likely will spawn similar plays - -similarly with Kozmo's product. I endorse the latter by purchasing it and refusing to reward Real Secrets. Smile

Well, now you've met one. I stopped my subscription to Reel Magic and continued my subscription to Real Secrets.

btw, this is set to be the last year of Real Secrets. It's ends in March 2015, I believe.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I really like the bonus trick for Real secrets this month. Fits in my card case and is very magical. Some other really good stuff recently. Loved the booktest, the Feng Shui also went down well. Too bad it is ending. Had a great run.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MJE
Oh, Jamie, I agree 100%. I wasn't asking what you GOT. Just asking if it got better.

A guy I know signed up. I lost track of him. But I know he wanted out at some point. In the ads it said that there were "tricks with this....tricks with that.....tricks with jelly beans."

Well, the trick with jelly beans turned out to be a trick with a peice of paper with a PICTURE of jelly beans. It's just kinda funny. They seemed to all be tricks (puzzles) with scraps of paper.

My wife is from England. She insists on having "Christmas Crackers" every year. After you pop it, you get a paper hat and a prize. Often, the prize is a magic puzzle, like the ones those Real Secrets guys sell. I got one last year with a picture of candles that you had to cut into three parts. It was the same as the one those guys did with coffee cups.

Puzzles are cool. I'm not objecting to what they do. I'm sure many people love that stuff. I just won't pay 10 bucks a month (or whatever it is) for a ten cent puzzle. Just wondered if they ever did anything more magical or original. Thank you for responding!

Peace,

-MJ
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
Oh, Jamie, I agree 100%. I wasn't asking what you GOT. Just asking if it got better.

A guy I know signed up. I lost track of him. But I know he wanted out at some point. In the ads it said that there were "tricks with this....tricks with that.....tricks with jelly beans."

Well, the trick with jelly beans turned out to be a trick with a peice of paper with a PICTURE of jelly beans. It's just kinda funny. They seemed to all be tricks (puzzles) with scraps of paper.

My wife is from England. She insists on having "Christmas Crackers" every year. After you pop it, you get a paper hat and a prize. Often, the prize is a magic puzzle, like the ones those Real Secrets guys sell. I got one last year with a picture of candles that you had to cut into three parts. It was the same as the one those guys did with coffee cups.

Puzzles are cool. I'm not objecting to what they do. I'm sure many people love that stuff. I just won't pay 10 bucks a month (or whatever it is) for a ten cent puzzle. Just wondered if they ever did anything more magical or original. Thank you for responding!

Peace,

-MJ

You don't even know what you're talking about. But nice try!
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MJE
Mr. Square,

No, I never joined, so I have no idea what you guys got other than the few puzzles I saw. But I do thank you for responding!

Peace,

-MJ
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
Mr. Square,

No, I never joined, so I have no idea what you guys got other than the few puzzles I saw. But I do thank you for responding!

Peace,

-MJ

It would be one thing to make a judgment on the ones you "saw" if those judgements were accurate. But you're either misremembering the ones you saw or you were kicked in the head by a donkey since you saw them or you were too dumb to understand what you saw in the first place because you've inaccurately described both of the ones you alluded to.

That being said, yes, I think the offerings have gotten stronger since the first year. But if you don't like the magicians that are associated with the project (Weber, Maven, Aragon, etc.) and their style of magic, then it's not going to be the type of stuff you're interested in.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
The feng shui trick is a blast. I ended it at my friend's house with her son's mattress appearing in the shower.

I'll definitely be sad when this is over. It's my one regular source of inexpensive, non-card, non-coin tricks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Real Secrets update (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL