The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Room Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Coming in April from Outlaw/Gemini Artifacts & Dr. Todd Landman

Luna has a cousin, and it's the most haunted place in the United States...

Bed Wards
Beds
Private rooms
Nurse quarters
Actual patient names

If you know 1935 you will catch onto 1943 in a snap. This summer 1944 and 1945. R.S. is hardcover only. Please only refer to the book as RS or room service

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
This is great,a location close to home! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Once again, unbelievable looks! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
VERY NICE---I live in Louisville and Waverly is well known
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Lots on YouTube on RS. I had wondered why this had been overlooked by Rick. I should have known better. Must have!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of harbour
Creepy.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh, if this is anything like L*na, OMG...what else can be said? Incredible. Really, guys, if this is like The C0ln*y H@tch M*nt@l H0spit@l registries...Oh My G...ehh, you DO want to be careful who you perform this for. I'm serious. A bit of due diligence might be smart.

I'm tellin' ya guys, if you haven't sprung for L*n@ yet, I'm thinkin' this hits it on the mark! Even L*n@ owners might see the value here (read: collectibility Smile )

Doug
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
To bad its not spiral bound. I find it impossible that anyone would believe an institution would spend the money to hard bind a record book. spiral bound is much more logical and believable in my opinion.
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
Actually, for corporate records of that era, it is apppropriate to have a sewn binding where one would want to preserve the records. Spiral binding, having been invented just a decade or so earlier was for short lived notebooks. Book binding in that era was not as expensive as you suspect and also the value for retaining the document more than would make up for it. Quality paper would also be used as opposed to cheaper paper used in spiral binding.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
588 Posts

Profile of ed wood
I was considering getting Luna last year for a couple of close up shows that would have a darker edge than normal. Outlaw have so many lovely looking book tests that I couldn't decide what to go for and ended up getting nothing!
What would people recomend for a close up mentalist worker? Luna would probably be perferable to RS due to me being in England.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Ed Wood,if you are wanting a better one on one,go with WA or WACE !
Contact Rick Roth,and let him know of your needs!
He is user,friendly! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ed, I'd say L*n@ would be perfect for you! And dark? Darker than you'll EVER go, elsewhere. Mental Illness is a reality, and it...bothers some. Ya kinda gotta be careful who you perform for. Even darker, is visiting the graveyard in P*@rly G@tes!

What I like about L*n@ is its versatilty. I could perform for the same group twice, with a totally different outcome! I doubt anyone would ASK me to do it twice...but there you are...

Doug
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi Ed
I'd go with Luna. The reason I say this is, I just ordered The Luna Trilogy , and I'm looking for someone to discuss it with. ;0)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
588 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Ok, looks like I'll go for Lun@. The others do seem a little too bizarre for my style. The question now is which one? Is there any preference between the three and the hardback or spiral bound editions?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-04-05 05:47, ed wood wrote:
Ok, looks like I'll go for Lun@. The others do seem a little too bizarre for my style. The question now is which one? Is there any preference between the three and the hardback or spiral bound editions?

Good question and you'll find no real answer here. It seams that no matter which one you pick, you really can't go wrong. I ended up getting the Trilogy because I couldn't make up my mind. ;0) My set should be here next week.
I'm sure owners of this effect will chime in. Maybe try posting your question in the Luna thread.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I would recommend 1935 if you are only going for one..
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-04-05 21:15, DrTodd wrote:
I would recommend 1935 if you are only going for one..

I agree with DrTodd on 35 !

Also,check out Pe@rly G@tes.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
My Lun@ arrived yesterday and I can tell you it is a wonderful prop, but do yourself a favour and get the So Dark manual as well, lots of ideas there.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I haven't used my L**a in quite sometime but it sits on a self all by itself and is the center piece in that area. Whenever someone pops over,they always seem to ask about it and must admit, I love telling the story on what it is and where I acquired it from. 1935 would be my recommendation as well but either way, you won't be let down.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yeah, 1935 or 1936. Really, once you get ONE, you're gonna eventually get the rest...and PG. You'll see. It expands. It can be a 15 minute deal with one person to more than an hour with three people. This plays for a small group or a packed auditorium!

Read So Dark first. You'll see how combinations and Wild Cards are used. 1934 & 1935 use Wild Cards and they can be DEAD PEOPLE! Bring in your favorite Spirit Bell...well, you might have them running out. An underwear salesman in the lobby could make some cash...

Again, I see where this is going. L*n@ for America! R00m S*rvice! I'll code it like that to confound Google's engine.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Room Service (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL