The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » BEST Self Working Card Trick with No Setup / Gimmicks (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2531 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
That one is originally by Woody Aragon.
"I don't teach people stories about the coyote for them to tell. I AM the coyote. They tell stories about me."

-Pop Haydn
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 19:11, virtualwizard wrote:
John Scarne had a book in the 50's I think. It was chock full of tricks that were self-working. I think it was called Scarne on Cards.
Anybody familiar with it?

Scarne on Card Tricks was the first card trick book I consulted as a boy. The original Signet paperback is long gone, but Dover, with publishes all the Fulves stuff, has reprinted it and it is easily and inexpensively obtained. A lot of the tricks therein I believe turn up in some form in more recent works, albeit in more modern dress.

It's a cool book and not a complete dinosaur. I am surprised it doesn't get much mention here.

Les
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
My favorites are ones I have created and perform everyday. Many are published in my book Inspired
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4642 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 01:04, Shayde Phoenix wrote:
Miraskill - Stewart James

John Bannon has an effect "A view To A 'Skill" based on this effect.

Bannon eliminates the "moves" that you need to do the James version according to the book High Caliber. (it is originally from "Open and Notorious" 2009. Although this is a long (some might say drawn out) effect, It is by far one of my favorite effects in the new book. I really enjoy performing it for family and friends in a non formal setting.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
944 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
I've done one for 30 years I call Three Card Prediction. I think it's a Maurice Fogel effect, but I don't have a source. I originally learned the routine at a magic club 'Teach A Trick' night. The nice thing is that it can be done with literally any deck of cards. Rook, UNO, Old Maid, Go Fish, Flash Cards, etc. PM me and I'll describe it if you are interested.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
I think it is called the "Fogel's triple prediction"

best,

merlin
Codyreese
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City
56 Posts

Profile of Codyreese
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2013, James Kellogg III wrote:
Con Cam Coincindencia by Paul Wilson has been one of my favorite self working tricks since I first saw him do it a few years ago

here is the link
http://shop.dananddave.com/con-cam-coincidencia.html

This is a great effect!
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, Codyreese wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2013, James Kellogg III wrote:
Con Cam Coincindencia by Paul Wilson has been one of my favorite self working tricks since I first saw him do it a few years ago

here is the link
http://shop.dananddave.com/con-cam-coincidencia.html

This is a great effect!

Cheapskate that I am, I balked at splurging twelve bucks on a single trick, especially given my hobbyist status and the fact that I usually only show tricks to single person at a time and C3 seems to need three volunteers. Ended you giving it a shot. It is perfectly doable, if not as powerful, with one or two specs. With just one, the magician can easily contrive for the spec to produce his chosen card while the magician reveals the most closely related card (e.g., spec's selection is QS, magician produces QC). With two volunteers you can just have everyone dealing from three "hands," with the spec producing his selection, the magician producing the cross suit of same colour, and the other spec producing a same-valued card in one of the two remaining suits. Or with two specs you can do it bridge-style with the fourth hand as dummy.

Great effect, simple in principle, and a test of the performer's style and presence. One really has to really emphasize, in deed more that words, that the cards have been severally and throughly shuffled and the selection lost.

Les
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Los Angeles by Howard Hamburg, so much fun & no set up needed.
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Ricky jay did jon racherbaumer's NO JONAH POKER deal on the tonight show for jimmy fallon.it's available from lybrary.com
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
221 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
"Brr" by Thomas Baxter
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, KokoB wrote:
Los Angeles by Howard Hamburg, so much fun & no set up needed.

Hey, where this can be found ?

thanks !
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Like to know also
shebhnt
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of shebhnt
I will also put a vote towards Gemini Twins
VidarF
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of VidarF
My favorites are Untouched by Daryl and Free Will, it's not fully self working but the simple but smart and invisible sleight takes place before the effect even has begun to the spectators. The rest is is self working and hits VERY hard and gets great reactions. Recommended! - http://www.lybrary.com/free-will-p-476988.html
Magic韵
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Magic韵
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2013, Edmark Law wrote:
Stonehenge by Lennart Green.

lennart green will come to China soon~
Magic韵
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Magic韵
If you like self-working magic,you must to read <<scarne on card trick>>,it's a amazing book~enjoy it
discobungle
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of discobungle
The Hat Trick from CC1 is very effective
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Utterly Blown Away by Tom Daugherty in the March 1995 issue of Apocalypse. This is an impromptu variant of Juan Tamariz's Blown Away which was published in the July 1987 issue of Apocalypse.
lopike
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of lopike
Do as I do card effects are great. There are several variants to it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » BEST Self Working Card Trick with No Setup / Gimmicks (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL