The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unleashed by Gregory Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 08:52, Xiqual wrote:
It also says the tags are sterling silver. Plated or solid? If they are solid, I am pushing the button.
James

That makes 2 of us..
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sterling silver is not plated; it is 92.5% pure silver. But I don’t think I believe that the tags are truly sterling. Most likely someone just used that term without realizing what sterling silver is. Probably plated at best; more likely made of stainless steel - which would be just fine IMO!

Jim
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
It's difficult to see how they could be sterling silver with the current price per oz.

Acar,

Can you comment please? It would be nice to know if it was just a mistake in the blurb.

thanks
Sean
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4114 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Not sure why anyone cares if they are sterling silver or not, but they are high quality and I've been having fun playing with it. The routine is more than what is shown in the demo video and yes, the first sequence involves you magically removing the tag and showing the chain "empty" before doing the final penetration. Great walk-around piece that takes up no pocket space and is always ready to go. Another great non-card add to my show.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 09:58, emyers99 wrote:
Not sure why anyone cares if they are sterling silver or not, but they are high quality and I've been having fun playing with it. The routine is more than what is shown in the demo video and yes, the first sequence involves you magically removing the tag and showing the chain "empty" before doing the final penetration. Great walk-around piece that takes up no pocket space and is always ready to go. Another great non-card add to my show.

Isn't it obvious? If I sold you a silver necklace and after you'd bought it you found out it was steel, would you be ok with that.

And for me, it's no problem if its not silver but don't be telling me its silver if its not.
ike_hill
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ike_hill
Can the actual tag be replaced with another tag? I have military dog tags and this would be a great effect for me but I would prefer to use my actual military dog tag and not the illusion one. Can I replace the illusion tag with my standard military tag? Thanks in advance for any help.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4114 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Tough to be specific without tipping the method but neither the tag nor the chain are gimmicked. So yes, you can substitute your own tags.

As for the silver vs. steel question, I have no idea. The chain is clearly not silver, and for $39, I highly doubt the tag is actually pure silver. Bottom line, the props and dvd are high quality. Easily worth what he's asking.
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of magikyle
I just can't wait til the sequel is "re-leashed" Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I agree that whether or not it is made of silver is unimportant as long as the quality is good, which Eric has already attested to. Smile

A lot of people commonly use the term "sterling silver" or "sterling" when referring to things that are not actually made with silver. AAMOF, how many here use the term "silverware" to describe your dining utensils? I'll wager that most are not eating with silver forks and spoons! But it is an accepted term in common use. More important, folks need to use their brains - a real sterling dogtag will cost much more than this effect.

I would much prefer the tag to be stainless steel, though I doubt it is even that. But I am confident that it is a high quality item, which is what counts!

Thanks!

Jim
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4114 Posts

Profile of emyers99
It's got a chromed/polished finish so I'm assuming it is prone to scratches. For that reason, I sort of wish it had more of a flat finish. But with normal use, it should hold up forever.

The dvd is very good. Greg teaches 2 phase, 4 phase, and 1 phase routines. There is also a handling taught by carl hein (i believe) that can be used when wearing a button up shirt. It has a wicked visual link that fooled me.

As for the shirt issue, there's no reason you can't do it with a button down shirt as long as the collar is open so you can access the chain. Greg says a tee shirt works best because a button down shirt might lead people to believe you just shoved the tag between the buttons.
ike_hill
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ike_hill
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 12:43, emyers99 wrote:
Tough to be specific without tipping the method but neither the tag nor the chain are gimmicked. So yes, you can substitute your own tags.

As for the silver vs. steel question, I have no idea. The chain is clearly not silver, and for $39, I highly doubt the tag is actually pure silver. Bottom line, the props and dvd are high quality. Easily worth what he's asking.

Thanks for your help with that info. Sounds perfect for me, will be ordering this soon.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I Have it but am a little nervous about the boldness of the method (which was not a surprise to me) and I have not taken it out for a spin. . Just curious if anyone has worked this and how is playing.
D0N DASHER
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of D0N DASHER
This reminds me of the coin through trousers that is then found in the pocket.

I like this variation, although I can't use this as I'm one of those rare ones who is allergic to Sterling Silver.

DD
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I get skin reactions to almost everything but have been wearing this around and so far no problems.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-07 00:34, D0N DASHER wrote:
This reminds me of the coin through trousers that is then found in the pocket.

I like this variation, although I can't use this as I'm one of those rare ones who is allergic to Sterling Silver.

DD

I'm allergic to trousers, so I couldn't do the coin through them.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1889 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2013-07-06 12:36, J-Mac wrote:
I agree that whether or not it is made of silver is unimportant as long as the quality is good, which Eric has already attested to. Smile

A lot of people commonly use the term "sterling silver" or "sterling" when referring to things that are not actually made with silver. AAMOF, how many here use the term "silverware" to describe your dining utensils? I'll wager that most are not eating with silver forks and spoons! But it is an accepted term in common use. More important, folks need to use their brains - a real sterling dogtag will cost much more than this effect.

I would much prefer the tag to be stainless steel, though I doubt it is even that. But I am confident that it is a high quality item, which is what counts!

Thanks!

Jim

Have to agree , problem is there is always one person that likes to stir things up , at the end of the day it's the effect that matter not what it's made of ( as long as good quality) makes no odds if its silver or not
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Yes and that one person usually turns out to be ___ Smile you've just entered the thread and claimed an issue that doesn't exist. It was a simple point that if they are stainless steel, they shouldn't be advertised as made from sterling silver. Not exactly a controversial position is it? Just common sense.

The fact that the routine is good doesn't really have any relevance.
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
Sometimes chains tarnish, and the colour changes from silver to copper/bronze. So does dog tags. Causes can be the perspiration, or even the air. I'm not trying to say I'm gonna wear the product and take a shower (or maybe.. Smile) but generally good chains and dog tags can be bathed in, like military tags. They don't have to be SILVER, just stainless steel. Scratches doesn't matter, I'm just worrying about the tarnishing issue. It can take weeks, or months for that to happen. Just hope that it wont be the case for this.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Silver tarnishes pretty badly so I would hope they are not silver!
I love sponges
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1889 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2013-07-07 12:51, professorwho wrote:
Silver tarnishes pretty badly so I would hope they are not silver!

Good point funny how everyone that has seen it a the penguin lecture states how good it is , yet the person that is obsessed that it has to be silver has an alternative view , same as the whiteboard effect from last year !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unleashed by Gregory Wilson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL