We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Thumb tip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shaihorowitz0
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of shaihorowitz0
Anyone have a favorite thumb tip supplier or any suggestions on where to go to get one of decent quality?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5543 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Vernet is my favorite brand, and can be found at practically every magic shop or online.
Here's a great tool for price shopping:
http://www.lotabowl.com
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Shai>>>VERNET made the first plastic TTs (that's how we describe them in this NON SECRETS FORUM). in the early '70s. It was like reinventing the wheel!

Since, there have been many 'knock offs' --and with various modern materials becoming available, TTs are now available in various materials.

Best bet is to deal with a dealer whom you can trust. (Dennis Haney, is just one of many) Watch out for the 'on line' dealers. You don't know what they'll sell you--or who made it!

When you do find one that you 'like', order several! They do wear out!

The late AL BAKER, used to demo with one painted RED.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5771 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I bought some that I was told were made by Fun Inc. One was a vinyl tip that was made to be more realistic looking - it even had a shiny nail. The other was plastic and had a texture to it, making it capable of gripping objects. Both had a nice price! I got them from Hank Moorehouse, years ago, but since he's no longer with us, I'd ask John Sturk at Fun Inc.
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
I depends on what you will be doing with it...
Daeld
View Profile
New user
So far, I have about
84 Posts

Profile of Daeld
The Vernet TT definitely gets my thumbs up (pun intended). In Australia, it is hard to get cheap postage, so I usually end up getting them from my local magic shop (an hour's flight away). Ebay has some good deals too at times, but careful of cheap Chinese imitations (some of which are actually quite good). The thing about the bricks-and-mortar magic shop is that you can try them on before you buy to make sure you get the right size.
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
It'd be great to have access to a bricks n' mortor shop where differing styles/makes/sizes could be tried on ... Smile Oh well, internet for me.
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
MartiniMagic
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of MartiniMagic
I saw a auction listing that offered all of the various sizes and styles of Vernet TT all for one price.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Vernet. Hands down. Get the 'starter set/variety set' mentioned above.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Thumb tip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL