The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Line Up by Paul Carnazzo (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This looks quite nice. Anyone have it yet?

The year was 1950, and the Boston Police had a special tool for solving crimes, Detective Thomas Duffy. During his years in Boston, Detective Duffy solved many crimes. Some people say he was psychic, but he didn’t believe in psychics. He considered himself to be simply highly intuitive. He was, however, highly superstitious, and would always carry a coin with him…his lucky coin. Rumor has it that he was able to solve crimes by simply looking at a group of suspects and holding this lucky coin. Many believe that the coin would “talk” to him and “tell” him who was guilty.

It is believed that anyone holding this coin would have the same vision as he did.
“Let’s put this to the test” states the performer.

A mug shot is displayed, the actual name of this perpetrator was not known at the time of his arrest due to lack of proper ID. The mug shot never leaves the sight of the participant.

While holding the lucky coin, the participant mentally chooses a name from a list of over a dozen suspects pertaining to this case. She is shown some police records from the 50’s pertaining to some of the lineups that took place before this case was solved, and she recreates a lineup in her mind while holding the coin. She is asked some other details about the crime and is surprisingly able to answer them correctly.
When the mug shot is turned over there is a printed label attached to it bearing one name…the very name the participant mentally selected!

The following is true of “The Lineup”:
· The participant does not need to say the name they’ve selected in advance, yet the name on the back of the mug shot will always match their mentally selected name
· Only one photo is in play, and never leaves the sight of the audience
· No force of the name
· Hand crafted props

What you get:
· Printed instruction manual
· A mug shot record card
· A file card of possible suspects in the case
· 4 Lineup record files
· One envelope to store everything
· And, of course, the “special something” to make the effect work

Note that the handcuffs and the coin in the photo are NOT included! Any coin (or other type of “amulet”) can be used.

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/thelineup.htm

Click here to view attached image.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Sean, thanks for posting this as I had not heard of it.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Would fit in well with the psychic cluedo routine
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Sean,

Thanks for the interest!

The first sets of these went out last week, so they haven't been out very long. Hopefully in the next few days people can leave some feedback.

George1953,

This is very true!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
This is a fantastic, powerful effect that combines several methods. Highly recommended.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 14:29, gabelson wrote:
This is a fantastic, powerful effect that combines several methods. Highly recommended.

Thanks for sharing your toughts! I'm glad you are happy with The Lineup!

This is currently listed at an "introducry price", which includes free worldwide shipping, this will change on Monday.

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/thelineup.htm

Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
As a proud owner of a decent amount of Paul's brilliant work such as The Unfolding,
Lexicology, Animania, Test Conditions, Symbolism, Hip-Know-Therapy, Farmacology,
Dreamweaver, The Wallet Organizer and Reading Between The Lines, I haven't had
the slightest hesitation about the value and the quality of his brand new effect
(premise, plot and props)that could have prevented me from pressing the " BUY NOW"
button as soon as I had received his respective newsletter.

I think that most of you will agree with me that the great majority of Paul's releases
to the magic fraternity are brilliant and real workers!

As all of you might have guessed, I neither searched nor opt to wait for a few reviews
about "The Line Up" to come up in order to make my final decision, since I trust Paul
blindly when it comes to magic and in particular to mentalism.

So I simply pressed the "BUY" button last Wednesday and my order was shipped the
next day, Thursday, April, 4th, according to Paul's latest shipment notification
email to me.

Hope that my package will arrive -as most of the times when ordering from the States-
within a week to 12 days at most.

I'll be able to post my first thoughts about "The Line Up" as soon as it arrives.

Wish you good luck and a great sales success, Paul.

I'm sure this will be a winner too!

Andrew K., GREECE
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I use hip know therapy all the time, it really confuses them.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 12:04, Andrew J. K. wrote:
As a proud owner of a decent amount of Paul's brilliant work such as The Unfolding,
Lexicology, Animania, Test Conditions, Symbolism, Hip-Know-Therapy, Farmacology,
Dreamweaver, The Wallet Organizer and Reading Between The Lines, I haven't had
the slightest hesitation about the value and the quality of his brand new effect
(premise, plot and props)that could have prevented me from pressing the " BUY NOW"
button as soon as I had received his respective newsletter.

I think that most of you will agree with me that the great majority of Paul's releases
to the magic fraternity are brilliant and real workers!

As all of you might have guessed, I neither searched nor opt to wait for a few reviews
about "The Line Up" to come up in order to make my final decision, since I trust Paul
blindly when it comes to magic and in particular to mentalism.

So I simply pressed the "BUY" button last Wednesday and my order was shipped the
next day, Thursday, April, 4th, according to Paul's latest shipment notification
email to me.

Hope that my package will arrive -as most of the times when ordering from the States-
within a week to 12 days at most.

I'll be able to post my first thoughts about "The Line Up" as soon as it arrives.

Wish you good luck and a great sales success, Paul.

I'm sure this will be a winner too!

Andrew K., GREECE

Wow Andrew!

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

I'm thrilled that you are happy with all of the items you've purchased...please let me know your thoughts when you receive The Lineup.

Quote:
On 2013-04-08 13:58, george1953 wrote:
I use hip know therapy all the time, it really confuses them.

Glad you're using Hip-Know-Therapy George!

Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Your welcome, Paul!

And to make you feel happier and more satisfied, here are the great news.

My package arrived safe and sound today! Kudos to Paul for the super fast shipping!

As I estimated once more correct, my order arrived within 8 calendar days after Paul shipped it out from the USA to Greece!

However I haven't had the opportunity to open it and check thoroughly its content yet,
since at the moment I'm still working at my office.

As soon as I return to my home in the evening, I will open it and start to ...scratching its surface.

After I finish reading it once, I think that I'll be able to express my first thoughts about it, although I think that
I've not the best abilities to write a detailed and most of all, undestandable review about an effect due to the fact
that I do not speak English fluently, since English isn't my mother tongue language.

I'm afraid that I have to describe the effect (premise, plot and props) and the whole performance procedure in general
in a vague way as much as possible, being careful at the same time not to expose by mistake any vital information regarding
the effect's method.

However, I will give it a try and post my first thoughts about it, hoping that I'll be very careful in my description.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for the update Andrew!

I hope to hear your thoughts when you have time to check it out.

PC

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3238 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have had The Lineup for some days now and the more I consider it, the more I like it.

Not only are there several cleverly disguised principles in play but the effect – where a spectator tries to replicate the skills of an intuitive and superstitious detective – is both intriguing and baffling. The choice given to the spectator is genuinely free and they always make the right one (and there are fifteen different options!)

The items supplied are brilliantly designed, aged and look authentic. And although they are based on a US Police department, with the back story this should not deter performers in other countries. Indeed I believe it adds to the intrigue as well as helps underline the skills of the detective named in the story. Being in the UK, I certainly have no problem in using The Lineup exactly as supplied – I very much like it as it is.

Another valuable feature of this effect is a utility item which is supplied. This is brilliantly crafted and can be put to effective use in other routines. I have already come up with two additional ideas for this item.

With his mentalism wallet cards, Test Book Book Test book and other releases, Paul Carnazzo has always delivered innovative and practical items and The Lineup, with its many different layers, intriguing story line and spectator involvement is another excellent release. In addition, also supplied is a utility item which could easily be used in other routines as well.

Highly recommended.

Neil
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Neil!

Glad you will be using this!

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Based on the discussions and praise here - I am purchasing ths. Thanks for the info!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
devaind
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of devaind
I find thay The Line Up is out of stock.

I am interested In this can you tell me when will it be made available
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, devaind wrote:
I find thay The Line Up is out of stock.

I am interested In this can you tell me when will it be made available

Hi,

Sorry for the delay!

Thanks for the interest, I wanted to let you know this is now back in stock: www.mentalvoyage.com/products/lineup

Best,

PC

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
This seems worth consideration. I will keep it in mind going forward.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Would love to see some more comments from people who have purchased this and are using it, even if a few years in the past.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Mine just arrived. Looks fantastic. Will work on it and opine soon!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
"The Lineup" is terrific. A lot of thought (and work) was put into the development of this effect, with supreme attention to detail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Line Up by Paul Carnazzo (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL