The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Speaking of Cliff, A BIG THANK YOU TO CLIFF! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Speaking of inspirational people, I got to meet the one and only CLIFF at the magic castle! Cliff was kind enough to admit not only myself but also to my fiancee and the couple we were staying with in LA. Its been one of my childhood dreams to go there and Cliff gave us the ROYAL treatment. Greeting us at the door and bringing us inside with him for FREE (normally there is a charge even if you have a guest pass) Cliff whisked us around the Castle and did everything from guide us towards the best foods to introduce us to the owner Milt Larsen. In addition to that, he gave us all sorts of escape tales and several great ideas. We got front row seats to every show the highlight of which was Fielding West on stage and Doc Eason at the bar.

He was kind enough to introduce me to several of his friends at the castle, and the camraderie I felt was amazing.

I also should mention about Curtis and Cliff, and also about Harley, that they were kind enough to open their hearts, homes, clubs, studios, ideas and effects to me having never met me before. I really felt their friendship and it really made me think. Escape Artists are really extrordinary people and I hope I get to keep on having meetings with extrordinary people.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Magicbymccauley,

Glad you enjoyed your time in CA. Cliff is a wonderful guy to know.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Thanks for the kind words. I had a great time too.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I am jealous. LOL.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I find it poor taste to have Houdini posters in the "mens" at the castle, or have they changed the decor?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
They have Houdini, and other magicians posters in one of the men's rooms. You can always pee with your eyes shut and avoid the unpleasant experience.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Ian, they're watching you.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, Cliffg37 wrote:
They have Houdini, and other magicians posters in one of the men's rooms. You can always pee with your eyes shut and avoid the unpleasant experience.

Afraid of a half-naked man in chains watching?

I'm more conserned with Alexander. His nose is bigger then I am
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
...and you know what they say about the size of a mans nose
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Speaking of Cliff, A BIG THANK YOU TO CLIFF! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL