The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Teen size straight jackets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 01:30, jay leslie wrote:
Didn't you just read all that? You must be from the east coast.

#1 "it's raining outside" #2 'IS it raining outside?" #1 "Yes That's what I just said" #2 "Well I wasn't sure. You don't have to get mad at me" #1 "Why do you have to ask me something multiple times?" #2 OH. Am I asking you something more then once I didn't know, I wasn't sure.""

We do escapes here, not comedy.

You can substitute marriage for escapes there too..... I get told the same thing SOOOOOOO many times!
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
I find it interesting that no one here has contacted the Escape Artist Michael Lee
to get his take on the Straight jacket escape and his unique insight as to How to present the escape and How not to .
I think many here will be pleasantly surprised on his views on the Presentation.

Magic123
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Is it fun referring to yourself in the third person, Michael?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 01:55, Harley Newman wrote:
Jay, I hate to clue you on this, but you're horribly misinformed!

Ok... Many generate comedy but a select few generate tragedy.... or is their tragedy our comedy?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yes, it is. And the really good performers let each of those elements evolve from the story they're telling.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I have only ever seen one good comedy rountine with a SJ. It is the poor comedy that belittles the SJ as a prop. Many who cannot do things good, ham it up for laughs and this is what kills the effect.

The SJ is alive and well in the hand (arms) of those who know how to entertain.

Ian
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I made my own strait jacket in the mid '50s when I was in college. My pitch was that I grew up in a small town about a hundred miles from Appleton, Wisconsin. where Houdini had grown up. And, had been able to meet several people who had worked with Houdini. (Well, in show business, a 'little' exaggeration is allowable!).

I did not ham it up, I made it look difficult (without exaggeration). It sold well then, and it still sells well, today! (I'm retired, so it doesn't get as much use as it once did.)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 20:08, Dick Oslund wrote:
. (Well, in show business, a 'little' exaggeration is allowable!).

I think it is essential (especially in escapes). Some are better than others at this though.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 19:28, Ian McColl wrote:
I have only ever seen one good comedy rountine with a SJ. It is the poor comedy that belittles the SJ as a prop. Many who cannot do things good, ham it up for laughs and this is what kills the effect.

The SJ is alive and well in the hand (arms) of those who know how to entertain.
Ian

Or on the arms even.

But you are right it can be (and is) miss-used.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Teen size straight jackets (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL