The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from England! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mycroft
View Profile
New user
UK
9 Posts

Profile of Mycroft
Hi guys,

I've been lurking around here for a while and I've decided to register up to start sharing my views etc.
I'm a student currently and I originally got into sleight-of-hand (note: not magic, I feel as if I should be specific since I know nothing of many other firms of magic) because I finish exams etc. quite early and so I needed something to fill the time as we have to wait until the allotted time is over here in the UK, I've heard it's different elsewhere but anyway in the process I found many routines to do with gambling etc. which I really enjoyed so that is my niche although I do like all other magic when performed well, for example I'm a big fan of Harry Lorayne, Daryl Martinez, Bill Malone & many more as well as those which are popular in the gambling niche.

That's a little bit about me, I look forward go getting to know you all, thanks for reading!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Mycroft,

So you're the brother I haven't heard anything about.

Stick yo what you like until you feel like changing. It's your hobby.

There is quite an audience for gambling routines, especially if you can bring a story to life within the effects.

By the way I think you mean Daryl Easton.

-Mary Mowder
Mycroft
View Profile
New user
UK
9 Posts

Profile of Mycroft
Thank-you Mary, indeed this is a possibility!

That is certainly the plan, I think it's an advantage of having a wide range of interests that I can generally do that. Smile

I like to think so, I know a great many sleights intellectually I.e. I may not be able to perform them but I'm familiar with them and I learn then in clusters of what will go together to make a good story and then I tell it to friends at college and I've had them very interested but that's not a very good indication, they're my friends and as a result I know what will and won't work for them so I think more experience is needed before I know whether I'm any good.

Thank-you so much for that! I've been corrected at least 5 times when I've said Daryl Easton and I've found multiple references to him as Daryl Martinez so I've only just started referring to him as such, I'm so glad you noted that. I shouldn't have give in!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Wouldn't you know that as soon as you gave in someone else would correct you.

If you just say Daryl in the Magic world everyone SHOULD know who you are talking about. Daryl is his stage name.

-Mary
Mycroft
View Profile
New user
UK
9 Posts

Profile of Mycroft
I would've imagined so but I thought got clarification sake it wouldn't hurt to write his full name, sort of... Daryl is pretty well known though I suppose, rightly so of course but I don't think some magicians appreciate him, I have no idea why. I was exposed to his mastery early on in EOCS!

Thanks again!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey! I first met Daryl MARTINEZ when we were both working the Castle in 1979! Egad! I am older than I thought!

Mary: Did you know Sherlock's brilliant brother, too? I AM impressed!

Oh...welcome 'Sherlock's brother'! you'll probably find us a strange but generally friendly lot!

Dick Oslund
Sneaky, underhanded, devious and surreptitious itinerant mountebanc
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mycroft
View Profile
New user
UK
9 Posts

Profile of Mycroft
The Martinez/Easton thing is now clear (if Wikipedia is to be believed) he is now Daryl Easton but was formerly Daryl Martinez. Smile

I am glad so many people are familiar with my username, everyone knows Sherlock, sadly not everyone is familiar with my name.

What fun would it be if you weren't strange as well as friendly? Smile

Thank-you for the warm welcome!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café

sparky Smile
Mycroft
View Profile
New user
UK
9 Posts

Profile of Mycroft
Thank-you Spartacus. Smile
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
...no, I'm Spartacus.
Welcome mate, you've come to the right place.
and, Dick, I believe I saw you perform in the late 70s, too.
Seems like yesterday...
Mycroft go out and grab a deck and read Stars of Magic.
enjoy.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm going to keep calling him Daryl MAARTINEZ.

All right. Will the real Spartacus please stand!

So, harbour! You were that guy in the second row wearing the funny hat! I remember you now~~~I think!

I'm surprised that you remember ME! (I'm a highly 'forget-able' person) Please don't tell the sheriff where I am.

Hmmmmm...I must have done a show somewhere in the late '70s.........

Oh...hey Mycroft~~this is your thread, right?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
I still wear the hat!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Mycroft,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from England! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL