The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books on Gambling routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Hi there! I am from Malaysia and people hre loves magic on gambling routines. Any good recommendations?
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi,

Each book by Darwin Ortiz has a Gambling section.
-At the Card Table
-CardShark
-Scam and Fantasies

Also James Swain's books have many Gambling routines.
-Miracles with Cards
-21st Century Card Magic
-Don't Blink

And you cannot forget Harry Lorayne`s Poker Deal (it kills and so easy to perform!) from his book Close-Up Card Magic.

My best advice is any books/videos by Darwin Ortiz, has they have killer material.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
d107
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of d107
Jack Carpenter has some great routines is his books.
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Thanks..looking at Darwin's stuff...which shld I get first ?? I am a beginer actually
SBCLC442
View Profile
New user
West Virginia
16 Posts

Profile of SBCLC442
I would check out the Ortiz books. Also alot of Marlo stuff has to do with gambling.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
If you are a beginner with cards, stay away from Ortiz and pick up ROyal Road to Card Magic.
Who is John Galt?
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
I agree with financedragon. I have bought Ortiz's Scam and Fantasies but too difficult to follow..I have gone thru RRTCM and currently studying Card College volume one. I am looking for simple but visual and effective gamblim routines..which make me considering either a stacked deck or marked deck. What do you guys think? Which should I go next?
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Dai Vernon's poker demo is a simple stacked deck routine. Vernon's blindfold poker deal is funny as well.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Beginner? No way should you even be contemplating Ortiz' books. his stuff is probably the most advanced card stuff you can get.

Good poker deal - Harry Lorayne, close up card magic
David regal - close up and personal
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Danielchua,
if you want to start learning a memorized stack, then I thnk Martin Joyal's book is a great place to learn it. I'd go for that.
Who is John Galt?
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Thanks financedragon. Will get his book. From other threads, I understand that Aronson's has built in effect for poker.....which should I go for first? Joyal or Aronson? If Aronson, can I just get his new Try the Impossible or the older book?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books on Gambling routines (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL