The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Double lifts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
AaronTheMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of AaronTheMagician
Quote:
On 2007-01-05 04:15, Sleightly_Dangerous wrote:
Hay what's a "Double Lift"..."DL"...I thought that meant to "Keep it on the Down Low" ya know, lets keep it on the "DL"...LOL...BTW Vernon DL for me...with a little of my own finesse...

I had first thought it was for 'Driver's License' (thanks to the many times of writing DL on checks when taking down info...
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
I have no idea what my DL is. Perhaps someone here can tell me. Before I joined the Café I didn't even know there were different DLs.

I also had no idea that in some DL you get a break. I learned just buy pretending to get the top card but with more effort to get two...... basically I just slip of two from touch
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
491 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
For whatever reason I can't use any of the popular methods for the double lift. What I do is either, use my first finger of my right hand to peel up the top 2 cards from the front (with deck in left hand mechanics grip) or use my thumb is the same situation but peel 2 cards from the back of the deck. I have tried the push off DL and couldn't make it work. I would always push like 3 or 4 cards. What is another easy double lift I can try?

Thanks,

Marc
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Marc,
Whatever DL you use, if its natural for you, and you use the same method to "SL" as you do to DL, it's probably fine. Do what's natural for you.
By the way, lots of people here are dead set against a "get ready", but as long as it looks like a natural movement , or you can misdirect from it, I don't see any problem.
Don't get too hung up on a move.
Just MHO, I know not everyone agrees with this.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
491 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Dstachowiak,

thanks for the advice. I do do my sl and dl the same. I also don't really have a get ready as when I reach down and touch the card and start to peel it up, I get both cards. I don't think that would be considered a get ready...or is it?

Marc
bryon
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of bryon
I do a DL I originally saw on one of the Greg Wilson DVDs, it's one-handed so no riffle-ups needed like those taught by many of the intro to card magic DVDs. It's essentially taking the thumb and putting pressure on the top card and pushing it to the upper left corner. This causes the lower right corner to pop-up and you are able to establish a pinky break. With enough practice you can successfully bring up two cards. I think this looks better than the standard push over and pinky break technique. Looks less fishy if the spec sees anything. However it's rarely an issue anyways because if you have a spec hawking your hands while you're doing your moves you need to work on some of that misdirection.

I use about three different DLs depending on the situation and I don't know a single name of any of them. :/
Mr.Mystico
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mr.Mystico
Strike double.
aiki
View Profile
Regular user
Middletown NY
181 Posts

Profile of aiki
Quote:
On 2007-01-15 17:23, gobrownstd54 wrote:
I have tried the push off DL and couldn't make it work. I would always push like 3 or 4 cards. What is another easy double lift I can try?

Thanks,

Marc

Have you looked at Brother John Hamman's double lift. It is one of the best with no get ready, very easy to do. It is published in the "The Secrets of Brother John Hamman". It is version of the push off double.
Ray K.

Till we meet again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Double lifts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL