The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimbles for small hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Any thimble sets out there that are just a bit smaller than the Mogar set? I've had his book and set of thimbles for some time but the thimbles are a bit too big for my fingers (falls right off pinky). Would like the set to be able to stack to do Mogars explosion move. I've read that Shoot Ogawa's set was on the small side. Does anyone know if they are smaller than Mogars?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thimbles are not small if they fall off the pinky finger, no thimble is made for the pinky finger, they are made for sewing, and that is not done using the pinky finger.

Now to address your request. there are no thimbles available that will custom fit all your fingers. This is absolutely no use to custom fit thimbles except for the use of the female, one on each finger. If you read some the of thimble books many things have been suggested, such as plastic wood for wood thimbles, tape for plastic. Use whatever you can find to fill in the gap between your finger and the inside wall of the thimble.

Shoot Ogawa's thimbles are tapered and longer then most thimbles, there are all kinds of tapered thimbles available currently on the market. Know that being it is papered, it will down deeper onto the pinky finger.

You can also go to a fabric store and buy the different sizes of stanard metal thimbles. I found 3 different sizes in our local store. There may be more, I don't know.

Look at Dayton Magic and Maxello Magic are to places you can look for tapered thimbles.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Toothpaste caps...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimbles for small hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL