The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » King Rising » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
KingOfSpades
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of KingOfSpades
I think the effect is pretty pratical if done in the right situations. Then again, isn't that the same for every effect? There's no gimmicks, or anything to build. Without giving away anything, I'll be daring and post the following things:

-there are no gimmicks to build.
-it should be done for only a small amount of people.
-you cannot look under your feet and you cannot let anyone behind you.
-Personally, I think the angles are dead on...you have to stand sideways facing the audience..which means people have to be perpendicular to your shoes.
-Yes, both shoes DO rise completely off the ground, and no, there is nothing underneath the shoes....but you still cannot look under them.

hopefully i didn't give anything away there. I just wanted to clear some things up for the people with questions. If i did cross the line, delete my post and i apologize in advance.
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
282 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
Corey,

Nice job on adding another good alternative to Balducci and Zero Gravity. People often ask me if I can levitate like Blaine did. I bought Zero Gravity a year or two ago and didn't go through the many steps to set it up. So although I've KNOWN how to levitate like Blaine did, I've had to sheepishly admit to inquirers that I "can't" do it. I just downloaded your video from ellusionist.com, and am pleased. I'll be practicing this tomorrow and using it soon. Now when I'm asked, I'll always be ready.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm really glad you liked it.

Best regards,
Corey King
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Cory, Are you the E- llusionist guy, on all the videos?
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Nope, that's Brad Christian. I'm the guy behind the King Rising, but that's it.

-Corey
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
I found this to be a nice cariation of the Balducci. But I find it a tad bit more difficult. Its harder to get into and out of without arrousing suspicion. But I would suggest learning this, if only as an alternative for the people who know the Balducci.

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I think that King Rising is superior to the Balducci precisely because it DOES take more practice. Too many have learned the secret of the Balducci and have exposed it through inept performance. )

The fact that you can only do the effect for a few people doesn't bother me in the least.
If you want everyone to be talking about how you levitate, just blow away one or two people and they will spread the word about you. The truly legendary feats are the ones that get better each time someone describes them.

An excellent concept and a killer effect. At seventeen dollars this is way underpriced. The excellently produced video was worth the money by itself! I truly hope that those who buy the secret will keep it secret. I would hate to see such a brilliant idea subjected to the shameful exposure that, for all practical purposes, destroyed the viability of the Balducci-.

Be warned, though. Here's what happened to me!!

The night I bought Corey's effect I gave it a try in my living room and fell on my A**!! The half rack of Budweiser consumed earlier in the evening may have contributed to this result, for the next day I was able to levitate vertically without further difficulty.

Excellent work, Corey,

Best-
Bob Cassidy

Smile
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
LOL Bob, yeah the beer might've played a factor in that Smile

Thanks for the nice comments on King Rising.

Best,
Corey King
WindsorWizard
View Profile
New user
CANADA - Windsor, Ontario
44 Posts

Profile of WindsorWizard
Bob Cassidy... With all due respect... drinking "Bud LIGHT" may have provided a different "Rising Result"! Even without "King" we should all be able to "Rise" after a good night's rest!

Seriously, we hope this secret remains such among magicians only. Poor public performances have exposed far too many of our cherished secrets.

Although not for this wizard, it appears that this will become a popular request of audiences worldwide... "Can you levitate?"

WHAT WILL BE THE BEST ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION?
EVERYTHING is possible...
If you simply, just BELIEVE!
~ ~ ~ Johnny Ould ~ ~ ~
VISIT US: Windsor Magic Place & Cases For Magic=A Free Report!
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
Hello! I love levitation magic and I have been looking at king rising for quite some time. But I am afraid it won't look like the demo I don't know how it could like what if it is a bad expanation? PLease try to help me belive it is worth it! Thank you! Smile
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Link...it looks just like in the demonstration. The video that explains it is excellent. It goes into great detail on performing the King Rising and will have you going in no time. If you need any other information, email me: kloseupcorey@aol.com

Thanks.
Corey
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
HI! I'm about to get King Rising but I have to ask are both feet in both shoes while you are in the air. THANKS ALOT!
Smile Smile
Dolini
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Dolini
Dear Mr.Cory King

I would like to know if strength of the individual or the weight (280 pounds) would make a difference in the success of doing the King Rising. I am new to this web sight but have enjoyed reading the comments.
John O'Shea Dolan
johnosheadolan@hotmail.com
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
640 Posts

Profile of Winks
Dolini - yes, it could depending on your physical condition otherwise. Just my own opinion, but I have this and Fearson's Box and far and away prefer Fearson's. It's spooky. Smile
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Some people think that strength is an issue. With practice, you should be able to do it. There is a good post on the ellusionist forum for King right now regarding this issue.

Comparing my levitation to Fearson's Box is like comparing apples to kiwis. Fearson's is more of a parlor type illusion that uses a gaffed milk crate, while mine is meant more for close-up purposes. I'm a big fan of the box as well.

-Corey
Dolini
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Dolini
Link,

Just read all the posts. They have covered the subject in detail. You can not ask for some one to tell you whether you will like a magic levitation or not. If you stay in magic long enough you will find not all the magic you buy fits your expectations. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I do know for some reason the simpler the magic the more successful. One of the best magic tricks I own was for $10.00. When it came it was only one page of directions and three little card board papers. The magic trick turned out to be one of the stronger tricks I had at the time. We all want to know before we leap but some magic is just knowing what to do.

Dolini
John O'Shea Dolan
johnosheadolan@hotmail.com
billhart22
View Profile
New user
Colorado
29 Posts

Profile of billhart22
King Rising is very cool....It is like any other trick or illusion..you have to practice, practice, practice. This particular illusion requires a lot of practice to be convincing. Like any other good thing, you have to work for it. Though simple in method, you have to work hard to gain good enough results to convince people about what they are seeing.

There are a lot of people that have suggested and use variations on the central theme to make the illusion work better for them.

Probably the best thing to do is join a forum on the King Rising, like the one on ellusionist.com. That is where you will get all of the different insights.

Happy Landings!
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Quote:
On 2002-05-30 16:10, Corey K wrote:

Zero Gravity -- good angles, requires some work be done to your *****, can be done improptu, if you are wearing the gimmick. Not practical to wear at all times.

King Rising -- better angles than Balducci, not as wide as Zero Gravity. No gimmick needed, no work done to your *****. Can be done anywhere.

Thanks,
Corey

Hello, I have a few questions about this.
So you don't have to temper or do anything to the ***** whatsoever, like you have to in Zero Gravity?
Also, is there any other place or way I can purchase this levitation besides Ellusionist.com? I can only purchase it by money order.
Thanks in advance.
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Nothing done to the shoes at all. There are no gimmicks.

The only place that you can get it is ellusionist.com. But, if you have a slow modem, you can get it in VHS or PAL now, too, as opposed to the big download.

-Corey
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
I got King Rising and I love it! It is probably the best no gimmick lev. ever I would recomend it to everyone The only problem is angles. and the foot farthest away from the audience looks a little wierd but practice and you will want to do it in every routine. (till the audience gets board with it then you have to find something new although they won't get board easy Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » King Rising » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL