The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink & Uday Jadugar "MiNTALIST" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Platt,

Save your time looking at stateside stores. No one sells the larger size, you got to get them from UK. I tried Ebay as well and there are some on Ebay.UK.

However, I did find generics at Walgreen at a great price of 2 regular size boxes for a buck so there may be some generic larger boxes at a dollar store etc. The generic mints also came to be more per box then Tacs.

Decomposing Candy Like Sugar Rush

PS: OT: Sugar Rush hersey now found in smaller bags at Walmart counters. Smile
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1919 Posts

Profile of Platt
I found '100 pack' aka tic tac big box from London. Is that the one? Peter Eggink?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Bopper1999
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Bopper1999
Yes, if you are wanting to change the label or refil with tic tacs just buy the 100's as they are the same size
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1919 Posts

Profile of Platt
Just spent $30 for two 100 packs sent from London. Very disappointing Mr. Eggink. Tic Tacs are, of course, available in the states, but not in that container. How much research could you have done if you didn't know that? And if you did know that, it's unethical that you didn't make it clear in the advertising and description. I've now paid $70 for this trick. Just shameless, guys. If you live in the states and are considering purchasing this, know you'll end up paying a stiff price and have a long wait to perform it. Or you could use the highly suspect generic sticker provided. You also will very likely have a faulty gimmick. I normally wouldn't mention this, but I'm so disappointed in Peter, that I feel I must. The 'bump' on the plastic which is a key part of the functioning was badly misplaced making it nearly impossible to unlock the mechanism and make it examinable. Because I wasn't locking it in practice, I didn't realize that until now. I had to break it off and re-glue it for it to function properly. Uday, Peter, potentially great new release. You nearly made a new fan. Next time do a little more homework.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
698 Posts

Profile of egoli
There is no problem getting the 100 packs in Vancouver, Canada - I just picked a couple at my local drug store - exactly the size needed.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1781 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
In Europe, well in France, no problems too, definately happy with Mintalist.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5385 Posts

Profile of RNK
I'm in the states. I bought this last week. I like it. I really don't have to much of a concern with the box. yes- it's different but being that there are so many Dollar Stores around- people easily believe that this was bought at one of them. Though- it would be nice to have the larger tic tac container.

RNK
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1919 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 12:10, RNK wrote:
I'm in the states. I bought this last week. I like it. I really don't have to much of a concern with the box. yes- it's different but being that there are so many Dollar Stores around- people easily believe that this was bought at one of them. Though- it would be nice to have the larger tic tac container.

RNK

I ended up buying a bunch of boxes. So I'll take one for the team and sell them for a low price. I'll let you know when they come in. They say "Refreshing little lifts" on the sticker. But what are you going to do?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Platt, is there any picture I can look at? TicTac is quite uncommon in here, and for sure we don't have anything that come in the same size as the Mintalist box.

So I'm interested in those boxes.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5385 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 12:26, Platt wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 12:10, RNK wrote:

RNK

I ended up buying a bunch of boxes. So I'll take one for the team and sell them for a low price. I'll let you know when they come in. They say "Refreshing little lifts" on the sticker. But what are you going to do?

Great Thanks Platt!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I am pretty picky about my props but after using this a while, I am pretty much confident in the title on the label. As RNK mentioned, there are dollar stores that sell different mints. Walgreens sells Great B***t mints with a shark on the cover. They are more rounded and I did not notice this when I purchased them. Of course I would like the official label but until then, I will make due with the present container.

I just overlook the other small stuff now and get the most out of this little prop miracle.
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
This will be back in stock tomorrow at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections......gink-dvd

I personally have had a lot of fun with this trick. I don't like to do the colour change mints as I think it makes it more of a magic effect rather than an 'Impromptu' looking piece of mentalism!

Magik1
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I am lovin it. Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It was reviews by Jheff at Jheff's Marketplace "I really like Peter Eggink's design and this is a handy utility gimmick that one can have in your arsenal. So, given the fact that I favor utility gimmicks, I must say that this clever item certainly is recommended.

I love this effect.

Penguin has Mintalist:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3651

Zombie Magic's preferred routine:

I cary mixed color mints and and I knew how how many they would take and what colors. BAMF! Killer, killer, killer!

Please don't ruin this trick. If you need to know how to present mentalism so that they think a miracle just happened in their hands, there are many sources.

Read Maskelyne, take Peter Turner's Penguin lecture, or take a Docc Hilford Doccinar, but don't pass up carrying a stunning piece of organic mentalism in your pocket!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos, please do not present this with a half hearted lame presentation. Give it the justice it deserves! If new to mentalism, practice, practice then practice some more!

Decomposing Theatre Performance
macc
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of macc
I read the whole thread and I'm still on the fence if I should get mintalist or not.
I'm asking everyone who has the effect...people who had problems at first...did you all solve them and perform the effect?
And those who liked it immediately...do you still like and perform the effect?
How are the reactions? Presumed you have a solid performance, do you blow them away or are the reactions "just good"?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I still carry and use Mintalist. No extra pocket space is taken because I already carried tic tacs. Put thought into it and don't use it for a "magic trick". It's like using cards. Have them pick a card and you find it....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Have them think of a card and you divine it....you now walk on water;-)

Same goes for Mintalist. Put some theater into it and you have an "organic" miracle to perform.

The DVD is very thorough, so watch all of it. I have friends that watch the first 10 minutes of a DVD and think they know a product and make all their decision based on that.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5385 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 11:13, macc wrote:
I read the whole thread and I'm still on the fence if I should get mintalist or not.
I'm asking everyone who has the effect...people who had problems at first...did you all solve them and perform the effect?
And those who liked it immediately...do you still like and perform the effect?
How are the reactions? Presumed you have a solid performance, do you blow them away or are the reactions "just good"?

Reactions are really good with this. I finally pulled mine out after a month of having it and I was vey surprised of how good the reactions are with this. Made me question why I didn't pull it out sooner, lol!!

RNK
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
I bought this from penguin magic with their 5 for $99 deal and hadn't gotten around to using it yet ( I kinda ate most of the ticktacks) but my magicalness wouldn't stop being so magical at the end of the routine. Does anyone have any advice that they could pm me or tell it to me in code on the forum. Thanks in advance.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
macc
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of macc
Thanks zombie and RNK. I'll order it next week.
Looking forward to practice and perform mintalist. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink & Uday Jadugar "MiNTALIST" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL