The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink & Uday Jadugar "MiNTALIST" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
241 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
Quote:

On 2013-08-10 12:00, broothal wrote:
Just received this today. The h***ge fell off. Unfortunately it will cost you a label to open it up and fix it. Now it fell off again, and I'm out of labels. Disapointed? Yes, I was hoping for better way of h***ing the f***. At least in the version I received, it's simply too unstable to use for paying customers.
Sir,
Please write to me at udayjadugar@gmail.com. You just pay 5$ postage. I will send you a new one. I am very sorry to know your problem. We have thourouly checked every unit before sending them. Door for the inconvenience caused by us.
Uday
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This just got "Worker Of The Week" on the WPR
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Question: Can it be a diff amount of mints everytime you perform it??
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Yes, different amounts, different color combinations too.

Heck, you can even use different brand of mints too, as long as the size is not much different to Tic Tac.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 12:30, Failed Magician wrote:
Yes, different amounts, different color combinations too.

Heck, you can even use different brand of mints too, as long as the size is not much different to Tic Tac.

Thank you.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just posted my latest performance in SS and what happened to a potentially a disasterous situation.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Got mine today and I’ll admittedly have to say that this is very clever as to the ‘working’ of the gimmick (which does indeed work like a charm). I followed the instructions implicitly, and even went so far as to not handle the mints except with cotton gloves (seeing that they are sugar) for fear of them absorbing moisture from my hands, and the possibility of them sticking in any way. Sorry, but I’m trying to be discrete here and do not wish to divulge anything.

Alter two hours of practicing this (with the aforementioned cotton gloves), I’ve come to the conclusion that this is totally unreliable beyond belief! I would venture to say that only about 5% of the times have I poured out the correct amount of mints into my hand while practicing this as they, well... once again, I don’t wish to divulge anything here. If perhaps it is a matter of moisture in the air, which I can understand, and I may be wrong, one can obviously in no way possibly control that factor. Granted, they constantly, and I mean constantly, gave outs as to this possibility happening on the DVD (which should give you a ‘warning’) but, in my honest opinion, and after two hours of practicing this the ‘outs’, as it were, to this happening are just much too numerous to be acceptable. I’ll be placing mine up for sale shortly, albeit the ‘gimmick, and how it works is flawless, and quite ingenious. As a matter of fact, there are several up for sale already. Bottom line, and after over a year of not purchasing any new magic tricks, I’m quite disappointed with giving in and purchasing this. There are just too many chances of the mints, shall we say, of the spectator not pouring out the ‘right’ amount. Just my honest opinion... Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Just got mine today, too, gaffed, and I agree with what you say 100%.

I have to admit that I got this thinking that that might be the case. After all, the container is designed to NOT let a whole bunch out at one time.

I'm not sure if I will actually try to use this yet. I would like to for sure, but I'm going to have to think about it. I do feel like you can get the spec to do the right thing MOST of the time if you follow Eggink's instructions, but MOST of the time is not good enough for me.

:bat:
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 22:00, BatsMagic wrote:
Just got mine today, too, gaffed, and I agree with what you say 100%.

I have to admit that I got this thinking that that might be the case. After all, the container is designed to NOT let a whole bunch out at one time.

I'm not sure if I will actually try to use this yet. I would like to for sure, but I'm going to have to think about it. I do feel like you can get the spec to do the right thing MOST of the time if you follow Eggink's instructions, but MOST of the time is not good enough for me.

:bat:

Well, it’s good to hear I’m not alone on my thoughts with this as I thought perhaps it was just me. As you pointed out, there is a fault, and in my opinion, a terrible one as to the mints not falling out freely. What is one to do? Tell the spectator to freely pour out an amount of mints into their hand but, do so vigorously! Sorry… but this just is not going to cut it for me given the off chance, which seems to happen more often than not, that the full amount of mints will not go into the spectators hand. Like I previously said, I think it’s a very clever gimmick, and quite devious as to anyone finding anything whatsoever after you hand them the container of mints and my kudos to the producers. However, if I feel that a ‘gimmick’, no matter how ingenious that gimmick may be will not work, or perhaps better put, will not perform its intended function 100% of the time I want nothing to do with it, and it will never leave my home.
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I will take this to SS and give you some feedback. Too much info here on this IMO Smile
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Watch the DVD, Eggink teaches outs for every situation. I've been receiving GREAT reactions with this and not even once I had to use an "out". Maybe you put too many mints as prediction inside?

M P
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 14:02, M Pitcher wrote:
Watch the DVD, Eggink teaches outs for every situation. I've been receiving GREAT reactions with this and not even once I had to use an "out". Maybe you put too many mints as prediction inside?

M P

Nope… I never placed more than 9 in. Perhaps any discussion and input as to the technicalities on the ‘workings ‘of this would be better discussed in the Secret Sessions forum. People try to help, which is great, but before you know it, with that well intentioned help comes, at times, people unintentionally revealing a tad too much. Smile

HERE
~Yogi Berra~

Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Sorry to hear that, Gaffed.

I haven't actually tried mine because I can't buy Tic-Tac in my country. For some stupid reasons, the only color they have here is the BOX. YES, the box will come in orange, yellow or red color, but the freaking mints are still in white. Well, different flavor will have a broken white color.

But still, they can't be used. So I don't know when I can use this. Unless someone in the U.S. will be kindly to help me getting some Tic-Tacs. Blue or red are great. As I have actually had some great routines with this...
Magic comes through perception. -HS
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
@ gaffed
I have the same problems. Although if you give it some good shakes, not all mints allways fall out - and I just used 5.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9155 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It's the reason I never purchased this effect. I know from years of experience how difficult it is to shake more than a couple of mints out in one go. If tic tacs were round you'd probably never get this problem ..
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
These boxes are available in WH Smiths in the UK.

A small tip. Use any colour other than white, then you'll be able to see any leftovers easily.

best,
Sean
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 21:24, gaffed wrote:
Got mine today and I’ll admittedly have to say that this is very clever as to the ‘working’ of the gimmick (which does indeed work like a charm). I followed the instructions implicitly, and even went so far as to not handle the mints except with cotton gloves (seeing that they are sugar) for fear of them absorbing moisture from my hands, and the possibility of them sticking in any way. Sorry, but I’m trying to be discrete here and do not wish to divulge anything.

Alter two hours of practicing this (with the aforementioned cotton gloves), I’ve come to the conclusion that this is totally unreliable beyond belief! I would venture to say that only about 5% of the times have I poured out the correct amount of mints into my hand while practicing this as they, well... once again, I don’t wish to divulge anything here. If perhaps it is a matter of moisture in the air, which I can understand, and I may be wrong, one can obviously in no way possibly control that factor. Granted, they constantly, and I mean constantly, gave outs as to this possibility happening on the DVD (which should give you a ‘warning’) but, in my honest opinion, and after two hours of practicing this the ‘outs’, as it were, to this happening are just much too numerous to be acceptable. I’ll be placing mine up for sale shortly, albeit the ‘gimmick, and how it works is flawless, and quite ingenious. As a matter of fact, there are several up for sale already. Bottom line, and after over a year of not purchasing any new magic tricks, I’m quite disappointed with giving in and purchasing this. There are just too many chances of the mints, shall we say, of the spectator not pouring out the ‘right’ amount. Just my honest opinion... Smile

Just received this today, so I haven't performed it yet. But I'm impressed with the workings. Very clever gimmick. I'm sure it isn't absolutely 100% that the spectator will pour the correct number of mints . But I found Titanus's variation to be not so much an 'out' but a brilliant solution. In some ways it seems almost more impossible if you perform his variation and the spec doesn't take the 'right' amount. Do you not agree, Gaffed?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Has anyone tried using sugar free tic tacs ?

Also if you ask your spectator to give it a good couple of shakes , so they get some in there hand ensures most of the required mints will fall out.

Here's a link to sugar free Tic Tacs but I am sure they will be available in other places to Smile

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015Y60XG

Best Wishes

Mark
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I am curious about the sugar free as well. They may be less stickey.

Whether the correct amount comes out or not, it has no impact whatsoever on the end results, that being great mind boggling reactions. I was doing some effects tonight and someone who had seen the mintalist yelled out "you bring the tic tacs with ya?" I unfortunately left them in my car.

And what was mentioned above, darker color mints are good to have. For insurance pour out a few afterwards (if unsure) and eat them doing a quick subtraction. No one will know anything other then they can eat theirs also and also, they are real live mints.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
Just realized the 'big pack' sticker is way too small for the box. It would have been nice for Peter to include a box of tic tacs that match the size of the included box. Anyone know where to find one? I didn't see anything at WH Smiths.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink & Uday Jadugar "MiNTALIST" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL