The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best rising card from deck? check out Martinismagic rising card deck (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Hi I just got the rising card deck from http://www.martinismagic.com
Hey I am not paid to endorse him. I want a rising card trick with loops, but I also mainly wanted to get another one I can do
easily and blow people away. Guess what?

Someone here at Magic Café recommended their deck, got it today. It is a Devano style rising card deck. Can be shuffled, etc. With about zero preparation, and you put the deck down and it rises without you touching it, threads,...

This deck is only 20 bucks shipped, and is unbelievable--after the card rises, you just pull the card out--no catching or anything.
Plus Marty threw in a great packet trick. But please, get it if you want the biggest bang with little or no prep.
I am trying to do floats, but the thread seems to be visible in most light. With this rising card from deck, a miracle happens.
Plus with a lifetime warranty, I am bowled over. One of the best purchases in my life.
Scott
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Forgot to mention. No motors to wear out, no threads to break.
You can have more than one card rise as well.
For 20 washington portraits, it is maximum bang for the buck.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
This type of deck was a favorite of the late, great Don Alan. It's a classic, and Martini makes a great prop.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I am a fan of the excellently constructed rising card deck that Martin's magic makes bur Richbark makes a very fine one as well.
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Hi Mr. Bryson,
How dare you mention another deck on my post. If you were not a former teacher of mine,
I would have the MC authorities come take you away for rising card deck terrorism. I hope you all can take a joke.
scott
Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
Gentlemen, I just received Martini's rising & I pile on the credit to the man with a plan! You can't go wrong with this little beauty & the clever camouflage . . . but then again a 'girl' is supposed to be hiding something; it's good for the imagination fellas. Don't you love the Forum. Thanks Steve for keeping us 'one ahead' . . . oops did I almost reveal another trick?

Keep it Un-real!
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
There is mor to the rising cards effect that maybe all the rest! if one take a good look om the old books,we will find a lot of versions of this effect. Some used our old friend T., others mechanical houlettes, others complex rigs, etc... but the basic effect remains the same. Special decks like the devano deck also came into scene and a few versions worked very well... there were versions around where the cards were mechanical cards as well...
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Ordered. Thank you. PayPal checked me out without assessing extra postage, so if Martin ships anywhere in the world for the same price (I am in Canada), then this is an awesome bargain.

Les
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Just got mine.

Best. Trick deck. Ever.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
See? I love this deck. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
I've always Kundalini Rising. It happens in the spectators hands and there are no mechanics except for a very small gaff that doesn't live with the deck.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I finally woke up and purchased from Martin his AWESOME rising cards.
http://www.martinismagic.com

Everyone has already stated the obvious: Excellent quality, Multiple "rises", no thread to break, EASY to do, Lifetime warranty, etc.

So, the above are great reasons to buy.

I would like to add that Martin is beyond customer service oriented.
I have made a friend in magic. What a class act!!!

I e-mailed him for some information, and he sent me a personal, detailed, thought out response as if I was there with him in a magic shop.
he helped me make my decison, and was NOT pushy at all!

Martin is an EXCELLENT creator, and EXCELLENT businessman, and now an EXCELLENT friend of mine!

Thank you Marin for your honesty and service with a smile and "customer" oriented attitude. may everyone follow your footsteps.

WOW!!!
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
*Martin
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I have to add my name to the list of those that have found Mary's Rising Cards to be the best in this style of rising cards being made. I just received my deck today. I placed the order last week. Marty very quickly sent me an email explaning that the was out of town and my order wouldn't be shipped till Oct 6. Offered a refund if I didn't want to wait. I was fine with the wait and he also added a freebie since I had to wait a few more days. I'm very impressed with the deck. I haven't seen a Devano style deck work this well in at least 20 years.

Thank you Marty. If you want the best for this style of card rise Martini's Rising Cards is the one to have.
zoescout
View Profile
New user
Washington
48 Posts

Profile of zoescout
I have a deck from Martin. I agree completely - great deck, great price. The trick works perfectly every time. Fast shipping as well!
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread here, but can someone here please let me know if the cards rise "hands off" or does the magician need to hold the deck for them to rise?
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, MrKen wrote:
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread here, but can someone here please let me know if the cards rise "hands off" or does the magician need to hold the deck for them to rise?

Hands off...

Rising cards starts at 3 minutes.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Thank you Kabbalah
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
114 Posts

Profile of Melies
I haven't gotten Marty's rising deck yet, but now will. In the meantime, I wanted to relate a little story about this wonderful man. Some years ago, when I first became interested in magic, I was teaching myself my first three tricks, which I planned to perform at my birthday party. I contacted Marty to help me gaffe a card. Not only did he do this for me, brilliantly, but he refused to accept payment for it. But there was more to come....Right before my birthday I got a big box in the mail. Inside was practically every trick Marty has ever manufactured and sold--card tricks, books on homemade magic, DVDs....A treasure trove. Tears came to my eyes. It was probably the best birthday present I had ever gotten from anyone, ever. And this from a virtual stranger who merely wanted to encourage my magic. Anyway, that's the kind of person Marty is.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Just ordered a deck and really looking forward to it. Thanks for the reccomendation
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best rising card from deck? check out Martinismagic rising card deck (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL