The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best rising card from deck? check out Martinismagic rising card deck (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
My deck arrived yesterday, just nine days after I placed the order.

I have to echo the other posts above, It's a little gem of a prop, great quality, excellent service, lifetime guarantee and works perfectly right out of the pack.

I opened it up, read the instructions, set it up, sat back and actually found myself chuckling and applauding! Not often that you get to do that within five minutes of owning a trick!

Many thanks Marty
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks for sharing. Looks fun.

Can you do other tricks with it as well? Like normal card routines? Or is this a one trick pony?
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On May 2, 2015, Theodore Lawton wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Looks fun.

Can you do other tricks with it as well? Like normal card routines? Or is this a one trick pony?

I have PM'ed you.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
This one looks really nice.
I once had a bicycle rising one that broke but the visual effect just looked the same.
Maybe someone who has one can PM me to help me check if this one works the same way?
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
53 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
After all the good reviews, I just ordered Martinsmagic RC and a couple of other packet tricks on his website. Looking forward to working with this deck. The video posted by Kabbalah was excellent....enjoyed it immensely!
Russ Martin
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
76 Posts

Profile of Russ Martin
I ordered two of the Martinis on the 18th, received them on the 21st, but didn't get to start noodling with them until Monday (23rd).

They are excellent!
I feel more like I do now than I did before.
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Martini's Rising cards decks have an awsome feature, the cards could rise slowly wich helps in construct the magic atmosphere.
For me, the best handling using this kind of systems is the one published by Lewis Ganson both on The Gen magazine and on Close-up magic vol. 2
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
This sounds great, is it something that can be taken out and the deck will work as normal, or am I committing a deck to this effect?
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Ymumagic, you are committing a deck.

I have to throw my 2 cents in and simply second what everyone has been saying. For this kind of gimmick, nobody makes it better or stands behind it as well as Martin. Not to mention handmade custom gaff cards for $2.00 each? That's a bargain all day long.
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Sounds good, thank you so much.

I'm looking for a new rising deck, perhaps this will be it Smile
NotThatLarson
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of NotThatLarson
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2013, vampiro wrote:
Forgot to mention. No motors to wear out, no threads to break.
You can have more than one card rise as well.
For 20 washington portraits, it is maximum bang for the buck.

I'm sold.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Had my standard rising deck for over a year now as well as a bespoke antique deck that Marty created for me from an early 1900's deck that was ridiculously cheap in an antique shop. Combined with one of Marc Charrise's fantastic Thurston boxes and a decent back story it's an absolute killer. I've had people step back from the deck with their mouths open looking really worried and with some good crowd control had a card rise whilst the deck was in the specs friends hand...lots of swearing and and freaking out. And yes when I practice with the deck I still find myself chuckling with glee like I did when I posted here more than a year ago. Marty is a gem,
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Got this in the mail and didn't work, almost at all. Troubleshooted over email and he sent me new one right away to replace the defected one. Great service.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
I've heard the Bill Cheung´s Rising Card is absolutely the best version of all.
Has anyone seen him live with his rising card routine?

Darko
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2017, dj wrote:
I've heard the Bill Cheung´s Rising Card is absolutely the best version of all.
Has anyone seen him live with his rising card routine?

Darko

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE2NDQ0Nj.......8-1-1.2

You can check this video to decide.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
mikehutchinson
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of mikehutchinson
Rising star...
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Had a small problem with one of my rising card decks, e-mailed Marty to ask if he could help and he asked me to post it back to him under the lifetime guarantee. He didn’t wait for me to post it back, a replacement unit arrived from the USA within days and works perfectly. Wow, that’s brilliant customer service!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
I bought one of these Martini Packs via Martin Breese, a UK dealer a few years ago (it wasn't a mass-produced Arne - just in case anyone thinks I'm getting confused).

Sorry, but compared to the Devano Method (and method of manufacture) the Martini Deck is a very poor second best.

A 'sticky piece of paper' (that becomes dry) to facilitate the rise? Really?

Just to add that the 2 Devano Decks I have from the 1970's, both made in Alf Cooke playing cards by Mitch Devano, still work like a dream. Plus the cards rise much higher - to an equal degree.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Michael Basic
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
13 Posts

Profile of Michael Basic
I've been using the Martini rise for years. Its finally started to wear out and so I've just taken advantage of the lifetime guarantee. E-Mailed Marty and he was super nice, my gimmick is in the mail and it'll be returned with a few extras ASAP. Incredible customer service, highly recommended.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
I just purchased a deck of rising cards from Marty Grams and it works like a dream.

To clarify some issues on this thread... Marty's decks are not Devano decks, they are the thin model rising cards, also known as AMY or Arne decks. What Don Alan was using in the video above is a Devano deck which uses a similar but different method to rise card and the gimmick is constructed differently.

Lonnie Galdini also used to make a rising card deck of the AMY/Arne type, while the gimmick was thinner, there was a part that wasn't as deceptive. Apparently Galdini is no longer in business.

Loftus (Empire) mass manufactures and sells a deck which is exactly like Galdini deck. These are the decks you find in most magic shops and offered by on-line retailers such as Penguin. The quality of these is hit or miss. I have deck that works great and another that doesn't work at all!

George Rickbark makes (made?) a rising card deck as well that was very well constructed and sort of combines the two methods. Good luck on getting a deck from Richbark. I have tried multiple times to contact him with no response. I have sent him a couple of orders (with money) for a deck and never received a thing. His website is still up but I don't know if he is still in business or not. Smile

Marty responds to his emails promptly and he communicates very well with you. He will make exactly what you want, all you have to do is ask. His workmanship is superb and his product is top quality with a lifetime guarantee! Best of all, he normally ships on the same day as the order and you will get it in just a few days!
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best rising card from deck? check out Martinismagic rising card deck (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL