The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PSYCHO*metry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I thought I would share what I am currently working on...

You and your guests will explore the power of PSYCHO*metry together unlike anything you have witnessed before...

In a tale of love, obsession and murder.

An old pair of leather gloves...worn one last time.

Will your guests dare to put them on and help you tell this dark tale?

Will they pick up on the energy left behind using the power of PSYCHO*metry?

Some stories should never be told...

Newsletter

- Anthony Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hi just signed up for the newsletter and it says click the link we just sent you. My email notifier said new mail, but there is no mail. Any ideas
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-04-12 11:49, george1953 wrote:
Hi just signed up for the newsletter and it says click the link we just sent you. My email notifier said new mail, but there is no mail. Any ideas

Hi George,

I think I have just added you manually; just PM me your email address to confirm it's you.

Thanks,

- Anthony
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Pm sent
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Received...and sorted.

You are on the list Smile

- Anthony
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just seen your `m thanks
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
COOL!

Ray
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5171 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I just signed up!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
After Many Months...It's Released Tomorrow...

Join the newsletter to hear about it first.

http://mad.ly/signups/61016/join
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1433 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just signed up, Always more room for a good murder mystery effect !!
doctorrigormorto
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
284 Posts

Profile of doctorrigormorto
I am signed up.... Smile
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Nice!
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
You are in for a treat!

Just make sure you confirm your subscription (you should get an email) so I can add you, as you will not want to miss out on the bonus for newsletter subscribers ONLY when it gets mailed out tomorrow afternoon.

- Anthony
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5171 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Super pumped about this Anthony...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1256 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
The Ad reminds me of a Dario Argento movie (and that's a good thing)
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Special user
in special pants.
990 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Now, some folk here will know that Anthony is a friend and now a fellow performer at the Evening of Mystery. So you will have to take this into account. However, not everything I say here is going to be positive, and we may well fall out over this.
The routine is REALLY good, and I have been talking to Anthony about it for some time. It was and still *is* my opinion that he should have made this up into a full product rather than an ebook. I think he would have really made an impact by releasing this with all of the props, and he would have made a wonderful routine into a wonderful object. But kids today, huh, you cannot tell them anything.
Now I have gotten that gripe out of the way, I will tell you what I think of the routine itself.
It IS a very strong piece of story-telling magic, the method is both simple and utterly baffling for the audience, as I can personally attest. The story itself is genuinely chilling and will really freak out the audience. I do not want to give too much away, but the props *are* very easy to source and you do not need to be a master craftsman. However, my original comments still stand! It is a solid working piece and performable (which is somewhat rare these days), it will play well to a small audience in a parlour setting and just as well on stage with a full audience. It is something that is great for the casual performer and for the working pro - with this in mind it is really is underpriced. I can see me performing this, as such, I really do not want every Tom, Dick and Harriet to have a copy! I do think that magic should be priced according to its value.
So, on one hand I am pretty critical as to how Anthony has put this out, and he will not thank me for these comments. On the other hand, it is his strongest piece by far and you would be daft not to buy it at this price.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 20:46, Christopher Gould wrote:
The routine is REALLY good, and I have been talking to Anthony about it for some time. It was and still *is* my opinion that he should have made this up into a full product rather than an ebook. I think he would have really made an impact by releasing this with all of the props, and he would have made a wonderful routine into a wonderful object. But kids today, huh, you cannot tell them anything.

Hmmmmm...

Yes, we do disagree on this paticular subject.

I'll tell you why and perhaps others may see my point of view, I'm not saying I'm right by the way...

I'm just saying IMO Smile

This is an extract from the introduction:

I was tempted to put this routine out with all of the ‘props’, but decided against it for many reasons but the main reason is this; originality.

When I perform, I would hate to think that someone in my audience has seen these ‘props’ before, used by another performer. That I have just brought this ‘off the shelf’ as it were, it would immediately lose its credibility in that persons mind…

“Well, this must be a trick. That other guy had that trick; I wonder how much it is? Hmmmm…I’ll check online when I get home.”

This goes against everything I am trying to accomplish as a performer; the pieces used within my performances should be handpicked and unique as me and the story I’m telling.

Another great reason for you…price.

You can put this story together and spend however much you wish, on a budget? No problem, you can put this routine together without breaking the bank and I imagine you probably have most of the items at home already you could use.

Do you like to include real objects from History within your performances and perhaps spend a little more? You are in for a treat! You get to hand pick each exquisite item just for you and your performance.

I really do believe this is my strongest and emotionally invested routine to date, and I know you will agree…

As you and your audience are going to find out, there is a very fine line between love, hate and obsession.
Dear reader, I present you with…

PSYCHO*metry

No Chris, no falling out. Plus, you gave me some great advice with this! Smile

I can't wait to hear what you folks think of this...Love, obsession, murder, ghosts and a chilling twist...all wrapped up around something quite...peculiar...
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1433 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Well I for one am eager to read more up one this & it's release in tomorrows newsletter,as to how it's being sold as an E book without the props or as a full product seems to be Anthony's prerogative,....but Christopher, you sincerely seem to have Anthony's best interest at heart as how he should release this for the greater good of the effect.......I do hope that this does not create anything bad between you two, would be a loss of a friendship as well as 2 great minds out of sync in the industry....

PS - Anthony I can see your point as to why now, makes sense Smile
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
353 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 20:46, Christopher Gould wrote:
So, on one hand I am pretty critical as to how Anthony has put this out, and he will not thank me for these comments. On the other hand, it is his strongest piece by far and you would be daft not to buy it at this price.

I disagree. I think he will after he sees a jump in signups on the mailing list and sales of this. Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Could the tag line be: If the gloves fit, you must contact a spirit.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PSYCHO*metry (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL