The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PSYCHO*metry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 22:05, Greg Arce wrote:
Could the tag line be: If the gloves fit, you must contact a spirit.

Greg

You may not wish to...in this case... Smile

Quote:
On 2013-06-24 20:37, gothicmagic wrote:
The Ad reminds me of a Dario Argento movie (and that's a good thing)

Excellent! A man of taste!

Quote:
On 2013-06-24 20:31, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Super pumped about this Anthony...

Me too my good man!! I know it's been a few months, but... It's going to be worth the wait...
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Update: Newsletter sent!
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
A review....

this is one of those routines that leads you down a garden path then yanks the ground from under your feet.

I got a pre-copy from the news letter this morning and sat down to read it as I have always had good things come from anthony black. this is no exception.
the method is simple and direct.....(if you can call it a method) the story compelling. the issues I am having with this is will I be able to get to the end with the same sitter as I can see this item come flying off a hand and fly across the room. I can not see how most women would keep it on through out. that said I can tell you this much. once I find just the right props this will be in the performance I was just booked out for this hallows eve.

thank you anthony for yet another great piece of theater.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Thanks for your review Michael, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with the group.

If you think you enjoyed reading PSYCHO*metry... just you wait until you perform it!

It really is something I am proud of putting out into our little commuity, and it's taken me a lot of tweaking and late nights to get it where it is today. But I think you will agree, it was worth the wait.

Yes, I have released this only to those on my newsletter. They always get first dibs, exclusive offers and freebies etc. So join up! Smile

It will be live on my website for those not on the newsletter this Friday.

Best,

Anthony
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

I can see this one play a bit lighter or taken to the depths of H3LL and back.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
This is a powerful and emotional bizarre performance piece. So emotionally draining that I'm not sure if anything should follow it. A wonderful way to end your performance.

Perhaps an actual pseudo-psychometry demonstration by the performer could precede it. It will strengthen both effects and both will stay in the spectator's minds long after the performance has ended. They will not forget PSYCHO*metry.

Thank you Anthony!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Hey Anthony, I thought I was already on your list... Just signed up...
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2013-06-24 21:37, Anthony Black wrote:
[quote]

I really do believe this is my strongest and emotionally invested routine to date, and I know you will agree…

HHHmmmm...That is a pretty Bold Statement!
'The Secret',is pretty dang Strong! Smile
But,if you say so!
Anthony,you keep raising your own,bar! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Godzilla...

Just you wait and see Smile

Quote:
On 2013-06-25 15:44, Tim Dowd wrote:
Hey Anthony, I thought I was already on your list... Just signed up...

Me too, check your inbox my good man!

P.S.
Thank you for the review Andre! I truly appreciate it.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2013-06-25 09:27, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
A review....

the issues I am having with this is will I be able to get to the end with the same sitter as I can see this item come flying off a hand and fly across the room. I can not see how most women would keep it on through out.

I am really trying to be nice with this post! "Really"
I understand all is meant well,but sometimes we go a little into to much detail! I think most may have gotten the idea,from the picture on the cover !
Now,I have not read Anthony's release,so I can not honestly compare!!!
But,when I see a review with such wording,it turns my mind to other's posts!
Dr Spektor,made a post some time back about doing a routine of his,using a piece of rope,that belonged to a serial killer,here in spooky! He also credited John Riggs,for his effect of using handkerchiefs,that belonged to a muderer.
I'm sure Anthony's is not similar,but post like above do tend to make me think of other threads,I have seen!
Maybe Dr Spektor,will see this and respond to where the post is,and what thread! If we have not run him off! He does not seem to post on 'Spooky',much anymore! Smile
Anyway,I wish Anthony the best of luck with his release,and he knows I really like "The Secret"!
Maybe it is just me,that feels this way about content of reviews!!!
If you want to flame me,just send it in a PM ! Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

I do not flame bro its not my nature, I am a bit confused as to what is wrong with my review. as to the other routines your listing I do not own them so I can not speculate on what they are about.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I'm confused too...that post was all a bit....

Bizarre! Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Sorry,did not mean to be confusing!
Felt,there may be a little to much detail given about a item that is used!(quoted part)
We could get the premise,from the cover!

Sure,I want to know about how it plays,comments on methods(Not reveals),thoughts on presentations,value of effect!

But,I don't want to be told to much about a Movie,before I see it,either!

So,after I read the quoted part,it made me think of a routine,Dr Spektor posted of his own,here on Spooky!(not my place to give too many details of his,routine!)
And,he credited it to a Riggs routine!

So,sorry if I was confusing!

If the creator wants to give more detail,that is all up to him!IMO

Agian,as stated on the other post!
May just be,me!
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 10:38, Godzilla wrote:
Sorry,did not mean to be confusing!
Felt,there may be a little to much detail given about a item that is used!(quoted part)

But,I don't want to be told to much about a Movie,before I see it,either!

No problem Mr G, if we were discussing a movie...that quote would be a 10 second clip/trailer...

There is so much more to come...all of the story, suspense and twists are yet to be revealed! Smile

There is much more to this tale than meets the eye...I honestly believe that this is my strongest, emotionally engaging and visually compelling piece of theatre I have created to date. I know, when revealed, will cause many Mystery performers to want to get out there and perform this piece...if they dare that is...

Anyway, enough from me!
I'll welcome the owners of this leave their own opinions and thoughts here for you all.

- Anthony

P.S.

For those of you that got the newsletter, go back and click on the link I sent you...for just a little taste Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2013-06-26 11:35, Anthony Black wrote:
[quote]
No problem Mr G, if we were discussing a movie...that quote would be a 10 second clip/trailer...

OK! Thanks,for setting me,Straight! Smile
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
No problem! Let's all have a big hug Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Here is a big, HUG ! Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1504 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Awwwwwwwwww lov'in the love here Smile

Hey Anthony, I just took a look at your peek preview link....really like the year it's set in !! Might be a good selling point to others, it is for me !!
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 12:21, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Awwwwwwwwww lov'in the love here Smile

Hey Anthony, I just took a look at your peek preview link....really like the year it's set in !! Might be a good selling point to others, it is for me !!

You know what's even greater than that?!?

When you read this, you will find out that you can fit this routine in to ANY time period/year* with just a little minimal tweaking on your part.
I'll be discussing this more in the owners secret forum I have set up, when I find some time, for those that wish to explore this option.

- Anthony

*Appart from cave man times...although...now I think about it Smile
Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
116 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
I just signed up too, although I'm a bit confused.

Is this an ebook you're going to be marketing, or is it something you're giving away freely (at the moment) in a newsletter. Sorry for the dumb question, but I just signed up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PSYCHO*metry (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL