The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PSYCHO*metry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
It's not a dumb question at all!
You are on the list, so check your email. Smile
Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
116 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
Thanks for the reply Anthony.

The email went to my spam which was I had no idea what this was about. Anyways, now I understand. The effect sounds very intriguing and I'm anxious to see the reviews roll in as this gets out there.

As for me, I won't be able to purchase it for a while. I have to save up more money for that Dan Baines character. Smile
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 14:06, Shayde Phoenix wrote:
The effect sounds very intriguing and I'm anxious to see the reviews roll in as this gets out there.

Me too! Smile

Quote:
On 2013-06-26 14:06, Shayde Phoenix wrote:
As for me, I won't be able to purchase it for a while. I have to save up more money for that Dan Baines character. Smile

Me too! Smile
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
674 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I just picked this up. Will take a look tonight - I'm pretty excited about this. My wife and I have a company that does, among other things, murder mystery evenings. Not sure if this will fit there or with the seance shows, can't wait to see where we will be using it!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 15:46, Bedford wrote:
I just picked this up. Will take a look tonight - I'm pretty excited about this. My wife and I have a company that does, among other things, murder mystery evenings. Not sure if this will fit there or with the seance shows, can't wait to see where we will be using it!

I think it will fit in both perfectly!! Smile

P.S.

I apologize for my poor editing skills in the above video, I only have Windows Movie Maker, no fancy tools.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Bought mine tonight and took a quick look...love it. Clean and easy which lets you have fun with the presentation. I think this will be another winner for you Mr. Black. (I really like the idea of the glove...there is something so creepy and organic about it. Lot's of room for story-telling in this.)
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Another comment...there was some earlier discussions regarding whether or not Anthony should have / could have released this as a full-effect with props. Well, I would have gobbled that up. No doubt. I am an easy target for quality bizarre props, and this could have been killer (!). But, what you learn in this routine can be applied to so many scenarios both historical and modern, the applications are endless. For instance, I have a pair of ripped and stained gardening gloves that I could easily see fitting perfectly into this premise. While Anthony's story happens around the 1870s, I could see spinning this into something that happened 10 years ago.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
This is great! Another winner from Mr. Black. I'm a fan!
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Wow! Thanks you! It means a lot to get feedback like this, it really does. x

Quote:
On 2013-06-26 21:18, Wizard of Oz wrote:
For instance, I have a pair of ripped and stained gardening gloves that I could easily see fitting perfectly into this premise.... I could see spinning this into something that happened 10 years ago.

Don't go into the greenhouse...

P.S.

Has everyone met him yet?

http://youtu.be/6XnYBZGrmrk
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just grabbed a copy ! Looking forward to reading thru this when I get back in tonight !
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Had to breeze thru it before I left (couldn't help myself...LoL) This is as Anthony advertises & so much better ! I Love the simplicity of it, yet twisted story line ending !! I was curious as to the props, yes can be built on your own with low cost & as you wish. You can start with a couple of simple findable props and still have a great effect & add the rest of props in later.

I was expecting a much longer story line, but this is so sweet & simple as far as memorizing goes, yet enough of a script to give it some depth. & I can easily see how this can be adapter to just about any time line year (Ya except caveman days....LoL), so if your into Victorian or mid late 1900's, your golden,....very versatile to say the least to adapt to for any performer or they're performance preferences.

& the secret is awesome - magic hats off Anthony !!!!!! I am glad I bought this on pre sale price.

And now the prop hunt begins,....LoL I can see why CG wanted Anthony to provide the props & I really see why Anthony went his route, I do enjoy as good prop finding hunt to match my tastes & preferences.....RELEASE the hound dogs - a prop hunt is afoot !!!!!!!!

All in all, I am very glad I hit the 'ol Paypal button, this is going to be a great murder mystery to perform,....or my preference tied into a seance piece !
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 10:02, Merlinsmagic wrote:
This is as Anthony advertises & so much better ! I Love the simplicity of it, yet twisted story line ending & the secret is awesome - magic hats off Anthony !!!!!!

All in all, I am very glad I hit the 'ol Paypal button, this is going to be a great murder mystery to perform,....or my preference tied into a seance piece !

Thanks for the review Merlinsmagic!

I'm very pleased to announce...

PSYCHO*metry is now AVAILABLE!!!

http://www.thewrongsideofmidnight.com/psychometry.php
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Oh no! I miss the deal!
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Wow....just....wow. I'm speechless. Fantastic story, Anthony! I really can't wait to see how this plays. Time to start putting together the props.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 13:50, espkeith wrote:
Wow....just....wow. I'm speechless.

Thanks!

If you are THAT excited after just reading PSYCHO*metry....

Just you wait until you get out there and perform this for the first time!

- Anthony

P.S.

I have had a few messages about the cost of props for this piece, like I say in the book:

You can spend around £25 and have this set up and ready to go!
I imagine most of you already the items you need to perform this...

Or, if you prefer to spend more on the items used...that's also an option. You could easily spend a few hundred pounds if you wish, for a beautiful set. It really is your choice.

It's VERY adaptable to you as a performer and each performers 'kit' will be unique to them.

Would the owners of this also agree with this statement?

Without giving TOO much away that is... Smile
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
674 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I've had a chance to read over this several times, and I am very happy I took the plunge. It's a great story, and makes use of a prop you don't often see used. The story is well thought out, and as an added bonus (as Anthony points out in the manual) you can set it in any time period you choose. You can also modify the characters if you want, or work it into a larger performance piece (though this will probably have to be the closer!) However, the routine, if performed to it's fullest, would be ideal as the only piece in a parlor set of 20 minutes or so.

The handling is dead simple (but ingenious) and gives you the opportunity to spend all of your performing energy on telling a fantastic, disturbing story. I am very much looking forward to digging through my local antique stores for the props, aging the letters, putting it all together in a musty old box, and then scaring the hell out of my audiences.

Thanks Anthony!

Paul
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:

I have had a few messages about the cost of props for this piece, like I say in the book:

You can spend around £25 and have this set up and ready to go!
I imagine most of you already the items you need to perform this...

Or, if you prefer to spend more on the items used...that's also an option. You could easily spend a few hundred pounds if you wish, for a beautiful set. It really is your choice.

It's VERY adaptable to you as a performer and each performers 'kit' will be unique to them.

Would the owners of this also agree with this statement?

Without giving TOO much away that is... Smile

Yes Anthony, I would completely agree to that statement ! That is what I like about how you put this together as far as finding your own props & cost as each seems fit to spend. Prop hunting is part of the fun to finding items that each individual connects to personally for they're own style of performing an effect....it that makes sense to you......
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I'll be getting this soon. Its right up my alley!

(As an old friend Jack used to say...)

Cheers,
Art.
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Thanks for the review Bedford, I appreciate your time and honesty.

Merlinsmagic, that's part of the fun for me too! Finding props, that way we are all individual and no two sets will ever look the same.

Cheers Art!

- Anthony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PSYCHO*metry (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL