The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rocky Raccoon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Anyone knows where I can buy a good quality raccoon spring puppet? I've searched the internet but I don't trust the pictures posted on the websites.I've bought some crappy ones and don't think I can afford to waste my money.
If you've recently bought one,can you point me to the source please.
Thanks in advance.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
132 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
I had the same quality concerns you have and as a result researched on the Café at forums such as "The Little Darlings". The gist of the recommendations were to get one made by Magic Masters and the older the better. I was able to buy mine from the Tricks For Sale forum on the Café and am very pleased with it. It was an unopened original! They are nearly impossible to find so I would place a "Want To Buy" topic in that same for sale forum.

John
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hard to find now, don't know why. I am still using my old one after many repairs.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 10:55, maps wrote:
Anyone knows where I can buy a good quality raccoon spring puppet? I've searched the internet but I don't trust the pictures posted on the websites.I've bought some crappy ones and don't think I can afford to waste my money.
If you've recently bought one,can you point me to the source please.
Thanks in advance.

The Magic Masters RR will last you a lifetime:

http://www.vikingmagic.com/Rocky%20Raccoon-Magic%20Masters
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
... Dave Williamson has performed it is a restaurant situation, I believe.
OliveroG
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of OliveroG
David Stone also used this in a restaurant. I have too, it's pretty funny, just don't get too close to the food until they find out is not actually a real animal.
I hope you understand, my dear friend, that everything you are seeing is a lie, but everything you are feeling holds true.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not a fan of the idea. But then again nothing magicians do suprises me any more.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I would say it's not a good idea. Yes, some people would love it, but it's a restaurant, what if one has an issue?

The last couple of years, I guess what I think is off limits doesn't mean much. I found that Youtube clip of an Applebees Magician doing the Goshman Dong at a table and defending using it. He said he knew them, but you could see other tables in the background.

So, I guess you can attach the Goshman Dong to a Rocky and set it all on fire and it's ok these days.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
I made my order at Abbotts.Thank you everyone
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
themagicguy
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
280 Posts

Profile of themagicguy
My local magic shop informed me that magic masters has discontinued Rocky. Is this true?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The twp reasons I avoid it are the aforementioned rodent corelation and the hair. Just not a fan of bringing hair into a restaurant situation.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Inappropriate content performed by magicians ???? I find that hard to imagine........ Don't I ????
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
921 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
It is a pitty that there are no pictures of Arthur and no email adresse to email.
TKF
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of TKF
Quote:
On 2013-10-19 10:24, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
It is a pitty that there are no pictures of Arthur and no email adresse to email.

Here is the website for the Gent in the video!

http://www.tnmagic.com/contact/
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Thanks
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
723 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Yes, Magic Masters is no longer. Rob Stiff now makes them, if you can go to a magic shop and "test drive" them to find the right one.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
921 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I emailed back and forth with Tim Noonan about his Rocky. He says there is nothing like the Original and he is not using the same manufacturer any longer. He did say they were pretty good. I think I am going to give Magic Makers Reality Raccoon a try. It looks good, not sure if it will last.
themagicguy
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
280 Posts

Profile of themagicguy
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 17:46, Gr8gorilla wrote:
I emailed back and forth with Tim Noonan about his Rocky. He says there is nothing like the Original and he is not using the same manufacturer any longer. He did say they were pretty good. I think I am going to give Magic Makers Reality Raccoon a try. It looks good, not sure if it will last.

I purchased their Robbie the Racoon and it lasted all of a day. Hopefully Reality Racoon is better.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
723 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
If you can find a Magic Master's original Rocky Raccoon, it will last a long time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rocky Raccoon (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL