The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animal Magic + School, what to do. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Traylen
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Traylen
Hey, I am really looking into getting some doves. I've done a lot of research on owning doves, training them and everything. I own all of Tony Clark's material, 1 other dove video, the name has slipped my mind, and the dove encylcopdia. And I think I am ready to own one. But my problem is, I'll be going to college(well I would hope go Smile ) in a few years. I know it's like 1 1/2 years ahead but I like to plan ahead rather then owning them and being stuck when I go to college. So I was wondering if anyone else had to deal with this problem. Is it possible to take the doves with you? Anyone had to deal with this that could give me some advice.
What the eye sees, the ear hears, the mind believes.
-Harry Houdini
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Hey Traylen,

You might run into the problem that some people wont rent to people with animals. However, there are enough places that allow animals, that you should be able to find somewhere.

Hope this helps a little.

Dave
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Get two please. One will get lonely.

DJ
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Treylen,
Even if you end up not being able to take your doves with you... I'm sure there would be a magician nearby that would be happy to take them in and use in their shows. Smile
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey Treylen,
I've had doves since I was 11 years old and still have them now. I'm in college but still do many shows with my birds. Actually the college staff is really supportive and think its great, I do go to an art school so that my have something to do with it, but I have found I have more time to work with them and my act now than I did in high school. But remember, SCHOOL SHOULD COME FIRST! You're paying good money for people to teach you these things and you can never be guranteed work, even with an agent. I have three accross the country and they can't even gurantee work. You just never know with entertainment. And as it was stated above, don't just buy one, you should get two. I recommend getting them in pairs. So two would be a good number to start with. Good luck man!

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
Traylen
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Traylen
Ok, thank you soo much for all your advice. I think I'll take my chances and get the doves. It was really my dad that was concered, so he asked me to ask the forums. And I do understand that school comes first Smile .

P.S: Don't worry DJ, I know they get lonely and had already planned on getting atleast 2.
What the eye sees, the ear hears, the mind believes.
-Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animal Magic + School, what to do. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL