The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kartis box or buddha box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
So which one do you prefer ? is kartis box worth the price ?or should I get buddha box (Boston & slot) ...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
The Kartis Box is twice the price of the Buddha. Here's the regular ungimmicked Buddha from Chazpro:

http://www.chazpro.com/servlet/the-24/Bu......x/Detail

The Slot Box is $34.95:

http://www.chazpro.com/servlet/the-26/Buddha-Slot-Box/Detail

The Boston Box is $29.95:

http://www.chazpro.com/servlet/the-25/Bu......x/Detail

I have all the Buddha boxes and I have the O-Korto Box set from Johnson. I like the Buddha Box's shape. That's just me though. The Johnson Box is just as good. If I had to do it over again, and I had to buy ONE box, it would be the Buddha. You just can't beat the quality for the price.

Doug
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
I love my Buddha Box Set. they just feel good to me.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
The budha does not accept a shell, I will look into the Kartis later tonight
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Buddha is great. Kartis is very interesting, and offers some unique possibilities.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Kartis box is twice the price of buddha box,but some review in magic Café said that kartis box is the best coin box than he ever bought,well review like that really make me in doubt haha ...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Both the David Roth boxes (by Roy Kueppers) and Jim Zee's boxes accept expanded shells (half-dollar size, anyway)

Jim
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 23:25, J-Mac wrote:
Both the David Roth boxes (by Roy Kueppers) and Jim Zee's boxes accept expanded shells (half-dollar size, anyway)

Jim

Of course, if you have a Dean's set, it wouldn't be an issue.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1677 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I like the Buddha set, for their shape, it makes a few of the sleights I do a little easier. I tarnshed mine and put in a few dings to make them look old.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 00:25, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 23:25, J-Mac wrote:

Jim

Of course, if you have a Dean's set, it wouldn't be an issue.

True, but I would bet that most don't have a Dean's set. Also, I don't know that many would want to put out the cash for one if they can buy a set of coin boxes that will fit all of their half-sized expanded shells for a fraction of the cost of a Dean's set! Smile

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7038 Posts

Profile of bowers
Buddha box for me.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I also Use The Buddha Box! And have a Book of routines For the Boston Buddha Box! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I seem to remember in watching Mr. Tango perform with the Kartis Box, the coins appeared to me to be quarters. My memory may be deceiving me, but if you are considering a Kartis, it may be a good thing to confirm.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Well I ordered david roth box set, cant go wrong I guess ...
I'm still curious about kartis box ... I want to know what advantage that this box give compared to the others
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
524 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Itlust,

I have had the the Kartis box for a while.

PM me.

Cal
Cal Tong
Past President
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Kartis does not accept expanded shell neither budha, Kartis is easier to turn because of the step on the shape of the box
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I highly recommend the box set by David Roth. Itlust, I am confident you will be very happy with your purchase.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I guess It just depends on how you want your box to look! I just like the look of the Buddha box better! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Does anyone else find the Buddha box hard to handle because the belly of the box makes it harder to catch the edge of the lid?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I never had a problem. Sometimes I use the Boston Box without a lid. But using the lid, loading, etc has never been a problem.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kartis box or buddha box (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL