The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live (WHO & WHAT) (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I just thought it would be fun to start a thread about who we as customers would like to see brought in to do lectures. I feel this could give the folks over at Penguin some ideas of what people want and what would sell.

Personally and I believe its been stated but I would love to see Richard Sanders Lecture. (very funny and full of real world workable material)

Also I would like to see them get Kevin James in one time. (very creative I feel his lecture would be worth the time and money)

I would also like to see Paul Wilson or Perhaps Jason England do a lecture (Both of these men know how to work cards in ways I could only dream lol. I feel it would be a cool lecture on sleights, proper handling techniques ETC.

Again these are just some ideas but thought maybe it would be fun to start a thread up on it and see what some of you guys think as well.....

-Bobby
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I agree that Richard Sanders would be a great lecture! I would also like to see Paul Richards perform at a Penguin lecture. Just about everything I have gotten from him is gold.

Thank you,

Jim
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
David Willianson, Michael Weber, Tony Chang and Juan Tamariz.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Agreed with David Williamson (pretty sure I own everything he's put out! haha). I use a ton of his material.

David Stone- I liked his lecture DVD put out a couple years ago and like watching him perform. He's very versatile and most of his routines have a super fast reset (if not instant).

Andy Gladwin- I like the way andy appraoches card magic. Both the Master push-off and Multiple Selection DVD's are something I look at a lot. Andy also has a great passion for books which I appreciate.

John Bannon- Another guy who is a total genius with cards.

Joe Rindfleisch- I use some of his work with rubber bands and it's really amazing. Every time a band breaks I go into jumper.

Aaron Fisher- I use to do one on one sessions with Aaron and my magic dramatically changed after working with him. Just little simple things and his love for Erdnase and it's importance is something that should be shown to aspiring card magicians.

Michael Ammar- I've been to his lecture before and just love seeing how excited he was about magic. Cards, coins, cups and balls, rubber bands... whatever it was he was entertaining with it.

Dan Garrett- Genius

Daryl- A whole lecture on rope magic from him would be welcome. I really liked his rope DVD's and his work with Three Card Monte.

My number one to see though if they could get him: Whit Haydn
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
1. Bob Cassidy
2. Bob Cassidy
3. Bob Cassidy
4. Paul Vigil
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Richard Sanders has to be no. 1 on this list. He's rately seen and has put out some of the strongest magic of the last decade. An absolute must in my opinion.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Shikanominarazu
I like all of the above (especially Whit Haydn), and would humbly submit:
Lennart Green - I love his stuff, and I'd love to see him talk about his thinking on tricks. And also I'd love a little more detail on his moves.
Darwin Ortiz - Frankly, I'd want to see a "how to design a routine/act" lecture, a sort of putting into practice of Strong Magic.
Bill Malone - I'd like to know what his lectures are like.
Rene Lavand - I could just watch him preform (though language would be an issue for me).
Ricky Jay - How could that not be good?

Yes, I know some of them are long shots, but I wouldn't have guessed they'd get Harry Anderson, so I will happily shoot for the moon here Smile.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Nate Staniforth is another person I'd really like to see lecture. Very smart and talented. Personally I wouldn't mind if he didn't teach a single trick but just talked about performance.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
522 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Garrett Thomas
Eric Mead
David Williamson
Homer Liwag
Chad Long
Dean Dill
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I would like to see a Paul Harris lecture, I don't know if he is "above" that, but I'd love to see his own material.

Chad Long would be amazing.

Andi Gladwin

Dean Dill

Garrett Thomas needs to hop on the train

Darwin Ortiz

Benjamin Earl

Ben Train
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

It would also be really cool to see Justin Miller do one. Such an amazing thinker and his performance advice is always golden.

I also agree with John Bannon, his stuff is always great.

Hopefully the folks over at Penguin read this and can bring us some of these awesome and talented performers.

-Bobby
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

I'd like to add David Regal. I know that he's done one already but I would really like to see him touch more into some of his stuff from Approaching Magic.

He had some really unique ideas and effects in that book and it would be awesome to see him get more into some of that.

-Bobby
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
LokI Kross
Justin MIller
Steve Fearson
Michael "SIX" Muldoon
Eric Mead
Chad Long
David Stone
Daryl
Bob Kohler
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Realized I typed Dan Garrett when I ment Garrett Thomas... Wasn't awake yet!

Dan is awesome though..
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Alexander Marsh would be great Smile
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Paul Vigil!!!

Only for his theory and thinking.
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
And of course Michael Vincent.
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
Michael Vincent
Garrett Thomas
David Williamson
Gary Jones
Kieron Johnson
Bill Malone
James Brown

Just to name a few Smile
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Peter Eggink
David Forrest
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Banachek
Max Maven
Mac King
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live (WHO & WHAT) (28 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL