The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Goats Grimoire by Jose Prager (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6001 Posts

Profile of RNK
Would love to hear anybody's thoughts on this? http://www.ementalism.com/collections/ne......e-prager here is the add:

"Goat's Grimoire contains nine great mentalism effects that will totally fool any audience, but it's Jose's outstanding and emotionally transforming scripts that are the real gem...study them carefully." - Marc Paulwww.marcpaul.com

"Jose's Goat's Grimoire is an excellent book on so many levels. The thinking behind the scripts is perfect for the working mentalist. Various methods and ideas are given for both constructing gimmicks and creating strong experiences for your audiences. Amongst the many great routines, I'll definitely be using Mind Flight and Mr. Green's system in my shows." - Mauricio Jaramillo

From the mind of José Prager comes an exclusive collection of nine all-new, fully-scripted, high-impact mentalism routines and five diabolically-clever utility devices. Each one of these routines and devices has been developed and engineered by Mr. Prager himself, and tested and refined across thousands of performances.

But it gets even better: mentalists extraordinaire Luke Jermay and Peter Turner have each contributed their own truly killer ideas, tips and spins to this unique collection of A-list material. Collaborations in mentalism simply don’t get any better than this! The result? Nine routines that hit hard --- very hard --- and three utilities you’ll immediately add to your working arsenal to produce jaw-dropping miracles on stage, in close-up rooms, at bars…and even in one-on-one performances!

The mind-blowing effects in “Goat’s Grimoire” include:

“3386” (José Prager and Luke Jermay) --- You divine your spectator’s PIN number and he divines yours…just like that. Bam! Simple, clean and direct.

“This Eye” (José Prager and Luke Jermay) --- A spectator peers closely into your left eye, and you immediately reveal details around specific events that will unfold in her immediate future.

“The Goat Knew Me” (José Prager and Peter Turner) --- Prove beyond any possible shadow of a doubt that, in fact, you knew a member of your audience long before you actually ever met him. It’s insane!

“Heavy Amnesia” (José Prager and Peter Turner) --- Draw gasps of astonishment from your audience as you instantly cause everyone present to forget something you showed them only moments before.

“Mind Flight” (José Prager and Luke Jermay) --- Spectators embark on a strange and remarkable journey inside their very own minds…but they’re not alone: you’re right there alongside them for the ride. Absolutely chilling.

“Psychological Jar” (José Prager and Peter Turner) --- You ask an audience member to think of a random word --- any word --- and instruct her to change her mind several times. She confirms that nothing is written down and that the word exists only in her mind. Then, impossibly, you reveal the very word she was merely thinking of! Pure mind reading at its very best.

“Goat Touch” (aka “Guarded”) (José Prager, Morgan Strebler and Peter Turner) --- An impromptu PK touch routine that’s quite unlike anything else you’ve ever seen. You’ll blow your audiences away with this one!

“Blank Bank” (José Prager and Peter Turner) --- An all-new approach to divining the last three digits of a credit card and the name of the cardholder. There’s just no way you could possibly know this --- and yet…

“PK Team” (José Prager and Luke Jermay) --- Show your spectators how to move an object with the power of the subconscious mind. A beautiful presentation of a classic.

On top of all this, “Goat’s Grimoire” provides you with these incredible utility devices:

“Mr. Green System” --- Predict virtually anything in the cleanest and most elegant manner possible. You’ve never seen predictions done like this!

“Duplo” --- Based on one of the most ingenious duplication principles ever devised. You’ll construct it in minutes, and use it in every show you do going forward.

“The Scanner” --- Hands-down, the most innocent-looking impression pad you’ve ever seen. It uses an ordinary pencil, resets in seconds, and costs next to nothing to make.

"Leatherface" --- Instructions for constructing one of the most deceptive p**k w*llets. Leatherface is a homemade version of Dr. Stanley Jack's Wallet.

"Cliff" --- an unprecedented, groundbreaking concept in the art of PK magic.

“Goat’s Grimoire” is a stunning limited-edition hardcover. It features a series of fantastic, eye-opening drawings by renowned Latin American artist Gonzalo Carrera Graniel which were commissioned exclusively for this book.

Only 200 of these volumes will ever be printed; each will be individually numbered and hand-signed by José Prager himself.

As a special bonus, if you act by May 1st, you’ll also receive an instantly-downloadable PDF so you can begin learning these amazing routines and accessing these powerful utility devices right away. The book is currently in production, and will be shipped to you the second week of May, 2013.

So what are you waiting for? Get “Goat’s Grimoire” today, and start taking your performances to the next level…and beyond!

Now this is only $125.00 and you get the instant download PLUS the book!!
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
Just got this today!! there is some great thinking in here!!!!

Prager,Turner and Jermay in one book!!

I only had a chance to glance at the pdf and from what I saw I can only hope that all the routines are as good as the few I read.

I will leave a more detailed review later. But for now I just wanted to drop a line on the book.

If you have the cash and the time this is well worth the money.

G
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Can't wait to hear your thoughts Gremlin! I love Luke Jermay and Peter Turner so this sounds INCREDIBLE. Please hurry and post so that I can decide if I should buy or not XD
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6001 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-04-22 21:24, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Can't wait to hear your thoughts Gremlin! I love Luke Jermay and Peter Turner so this sounds INCREDIBLE. Please hurry and post so that I can decide if I should buy or not XD

And this is $125.00 not $175.00!!!!!!
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of richard_mentalism
Quote:
On 2013-04-22 22:50, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Not $175.00 but also not $75.00!!!!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6001 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-04-23 09:37, richard_mentalism wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-22 22:50, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Not $175.00 but also not $75.00!!!!

Agree... But, there is a certain person selling an ebook for $175.00 and doesn't even give a FULL list of the information contained in it! And it's his FIRST release! No reputation and know one knows his work! Jose has been around- you pretty much know you will get solid working material most of which is NEW thinking. This is my point- when you are paying a good bit of money- you should at least know what effects you are getting! Not to mention- you get a physical book with this and the download!!! So, that's where my little, "And this is $125.00 not $175.00!!!!!!" comes from.

RNK
Vincent V.
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
For me this is one of the best investments I've made this year.

Every single routine is gold.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Well I purchased this and I can't make up my mind on it...

First off, it is $15.00 for worldwide shipping, bringing the total price to $140.00

As for the actual effects... I'm not sure what to say. This booklet is not full of new principles and new methods as I was expecting; rather, it's full of great routines and presentations. I guess I'll go through them one at a time.

"3386" - This is one of the oldest principles in mentalism at play here. It's the one that every magician learns at a young age (at least, I did.) They added a simple subtlety that takes the effect up a notch. In the end, the method is easy and old. HOWEVER, the presentation makes it seem very fair and adds some level of realism to the whole thing. You read their mind and they genuinely read yours. No dual reality/instant stooging. they do the real deal.

"This Eye" - This is just a presentation for Jose Prager's Duplo peek based around psychometry. Basically, you reveal a place they would like to travel in the future.

"The Goat Knew Me" - This is also based on a VERY old principle. Basically, you are able to predict what object of three they will choose. The real gold in this is the fact that depending on what item they choose, you are able to give a very personal reading of them and are able to perfectly and logically explain WHY they chose what they chose. I can see this playing extremely well.

"Heavy Amnesia" - This is a just mental presentation for an old Daniel Madison effect. It has a clever presentation and presentational hook, but I'm not sure how well it will play for an audience. As in, I'm not sure if they will buy into the amnesia idea.

"Mind Flight" - This is one of my favorites from the book. In essence, a spectator is brought onstage and handed an envelope. They are asked to imagine traveling to a place they've never been before. It could be from a movie, book, or completely made up. They think of a bunch of choices and then narrow it down to one all in their head without any fishy choices. Once they name where they are, the magician opens the envelope, pulls out a single sheet, shows the envelope empty, and hands the spectator the sheet. On the sheet it is written what their appearance is (eye color, hair color, outfit, etc.) and also what place they traveled. Nothing is spoken aloud until the last moment, they hold onto the envelope the whole time, no switches, no guessing, no forcing, works 100% of the time.

"Psychological Jar" - This is something that Peter touched on in his penguin lecture. It's basically a principle for having someone change their mind multiple times, and yet you always know what they will end up thinking.

"Goat Touch" - This is probably my least favorite from the book. It just seems PAINFULLY obvious when I read it. It's like psychological touches except you run your finger across their chest. My biggest problem with this is that they suggest performing this on a couple... That means you will have to run your finger along the chest of a female. Just doesn't seem classy to me.

"Blank Bank" - The description provided for this is EXTREMELY misleading. I literally bought the whole book just for this effect and was really let down. I was hoping I could divine someone's last 3 card numbers and their name from their credit card. That isn't the case. Basically, they draw a fake credit card with a fake name and you are able to determine what the card's last 3 digits are and what the name on the card is.

"PK Team" - This is just a presentation for Jose Prager's 'Cliff'

"Mr. Green System" - This description is pretty accurate. This system will allow yours spectators to name ANYTHING and you can pull an envelope from your pocket and show it to be written down.

Basically, if you are looking for clever methods or new effects, don't buy this. You will be disappointed. If you want new stuff, go check out "Dare to be Bold" by Peter Turner or just buy his penguin lecture. This is all strictly based on presentation and squeezing the most presentation out of small effects.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18815 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Not got the book - but I am curious as to a comment you made (magicmaddy)...

firstly though, thanks for the review...

secondly, my question is this, you said "This booklet is not full of new principles and new methods as I was expecting; rather, it's full of great routines and presentations."

a) does it say in the blurb that its full of the former? b) why are you dissapointed that its "full of great routines and presentations"?

just curious, nothing more!
I've asked to be banned
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 17:33, IAIN wrote:

secondly, my question is this, you said "This booklet is not full of new principles and new methods as I was expecting; rather, it's full of great routines and presentations."

a) does it say in the blurb that its full of the former? b) why are you dissapointed that its "full of great routines and presentations"?

Oh I'm not disappointed at all! Didn't mean for it to come off like that. It just wasn't what I was expecting is all. Reading those three names together made me think that there would be some awesome new techniques within.
Vincent V.
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
Magic Maddy,

Actually one of my favorite effects was Blank Bank, for me its a perfect example of justification of actions while performing mind reading.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1862 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I for one am incredibly disappointed with this book. Here's why:

"3386" - Absolutely nothing new, not even the subtle convincer. All they did was use old methods with the premise of revealing someone's pin number and them revealing yours. Nothing wrong with the effect, but nothing worth paying for.

"This Eye" - Not anything I'd be interested in using. You're left literally dirty after the effect and there is no reason to write anything down or to hold what they wrote. Psychometry has nothing to do with places and if you were doing psychometry, you wouldn't have someone write something down, you would use an actual object...

"The Goat Knew Me" - Again, nothing new. All you get out of this is some simple cold reading that you could have come up with yourself if you really wanted to perform the old routine with the objects used in this effect. Again, nothing wrong with the effect, but not worth paying for.

"Heavy Amnesia" - This was my favourite effect in the book, and I'm not even sure it would play out so well. It would probably be taken as more of a magic trick then a demonstration of mass amnesia. Still, I like it. Nothing new though. The method has already been used by at least two creators before. I used to perform an effect that ran through my show and payed off at the end where an empty bag was shown at the start and the audience was told that I would sneak something in the bag some time during the show. At the end of the show, I asked them if they saw me sneak the glass of juice in the bag. They swear they didn't, because you never went near the bag, yet you cleanly pull out a full glass of juice from the bag to a SHOCKED reaction from the audience. It played really well, but it works because maybe somehow you did it since you had all show to be sneaky, and you're a magician. Heavy Amnesia is for mentalists and has you claiming that you did something along the lines of what I mentioned but that you erased their memory of it ever happening. It just sounds like a nice "presentational lie" to "explain" how you did it. I could be wrong and maybe this plays extremely well. I will be trying it out for sure.

"Mind Flight" - Perhaps some will like this but I am not interested in using the old technique involved.

"Psychological Jar" - Again, I am not interested in using the old technique involved. Also, I had already learned this on Peter Turner's Penguin Live lecture, so it was not worth my money in this book.

"Goat Touch" - This PK touches makes no logical sense and I had already learned it on Morgan Strebler's Penguin Live lecture, so it was not worth my money in this book.

"Blank Bank" - Nothing new. Like the first routine in the book, this simply applies the old method to a made-up credit card. Nothing worth paying for. So disappointed with this one and very misleading ad.

"PK Team" - I already learned this by buying Cliff by Jose Prager and it's nothing I'm interested in using. Not bad, just not for me. This adds absolutely nothing to Cliff. The presentation is so basic and straightforward to what you would think of yourself.

Complete waste of money to me... And I had tremendous hopes after reading the effect descriptions.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 19:32, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I for one am incredibly disappointed with this book....

Complete waste of money to me... And I had tremendous hopes after reading the effect descriptions.

Have to agree :/
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
490 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 17:54, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 17:33, IAIN wrote:

Oh I'm not disappointed at all! Didn't mean for it to come off like that. It just wasn't what I was expecting is all. Reading those three names together made me think that there would be some awesome new techniques within.

Quote:
On 2013-04-24 23:02, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 19:32, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I for one am incredibly disappointed with this book....

Have to agree :/

Magic Maddy,

Which is it?

-AH
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 17:29, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Well I purchased this and I can't make up my mind on it...

I keep flopping back and forth. As stated, I can't make up my mind.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1347 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi Guys,

Just a quick message, I was originally hired as a consultant to read the materials and add scripts to the book to ensure they logically made sense and add a couple of subtleties and justifications (in the places I felt needed them). After seeing several people expressed dismay (in this thread) against a couple of the things in the book Jose has asked me to go over the entire book add additional thoughts, ideas and methods.

The sections added to the book will be added as additional thoughts to the routines, there will be principles, subtleties, verbal slight of mouth and new methods added to the effects (different ones of the aforementioned for different effects).

For purchasers of the book, an updated pdf will be sent out in 48 and for those who haven't purchased yet this is going to be awesome so grab it while its hot.

I am happy to be able to guide my beady eye over this, Jose really does care about your custom!

All the best,

Pete x
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1347 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
48hrs*
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 15:56, Peter_turner wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just a quick message, I was originally hired as a consultant to read the materials and add scripts to the book to ensure they logically made sense and add a couple of subtleties and justifications (in the places I felt needed them). After seeing several people expressed dismay (in this thread) against a couple of the things in the book Jose has asked me to go over the entire book add additional thoughts, ideas and methods.

The sections added to the book will be added as additional thoughts to the routines, there will be principles, subtleties, verbal slight of mouth and new methods added to the effects (different ones of the aforementioned for different effects).

For purchasers of the book, an updated pdf will be sent out in 48 and for those who haven't purchased yet this is going to be awesome so grab it while its hot.

I am happy to be able to guide my beady eye over this, Jose really does care about your custom!

All the best,

Pete x

Awesome News!
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
The update has been sent.

;)
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just read through the revised document. This easily made it worth the money. Peter provides additional thoughts on all effects except goat touches. Peter not only gives alternatives, he also added a few routines based on the ones already there.

This was turned from a flop to a must have. Awesome stuff Peter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Goats Grimoire by Jose Prager (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL