The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ATM - Michael Murray (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Quote:
On 2013-04-29 18:28, Andrew J. K. wrote:
Michael, you simply are one of a kind!

A huge thanks for your kind gesture, your great generosity and above all for trusting me blindly.

I ASSURE you that I WILL send you the respective payment immediately, as long as I won't have any serious
translation/interpretation issues that could probably make your ATM principle/effect honestly useless.

And with this I mean in case it is absolutely impossible for me to perform it by using my native language.

Wish you all the best,
Andrew K.

Do let us know how it works for you, Andrew.
As someone who performs in French most of the time, I'm very interested in how your experiment turns out.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I read Michael's handeling for other languages and I think it would work great with all languages!
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
This forum costs me a small fortune, make them stop!!!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Many thanks for the continued support and kind words!

As it happens I've been informed that the alternative presentation works well for French users and even better still my French friend offered some additional work on adapting the original technique too!

If you purchased this and are a French speaker I'm happy to share the additional thinking!

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Hi Michael,

I just wanted to inform you that I've already send you a PM with my thoughts about ATM in regards
to whether your brilliant effect can or not be applied specifically to the Greek language.

All the best,
Andrew K.

P.S. To any member of the Cafi who might be interested in some thoughts about the aforementioned
adaptation of ATM in my mother tongue: I'll post my thoughts in the earliest opportunity, since
I'm facing some health problems at the moment.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I've only just seen this thread and feel late to the game, but I recently read this ebook and the idea is AMAZING. Lots of very clever subtleties throughout that all together create a spectacular illusion of real mind reading. I love it.

Awesome work mr M!

DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I only spotted this thread because Dee just posted (Hi Dee). I don't know how I missed it - I'm sorry that I did, and will rectify that now.

I've read a lot of stuff recently. An awful lot.

There is no question in my mind that this is my favorite book in probably the last year. As has been touched on in prior posts, you can't do this everywhere, but for the venues I'm working right now that isn't an issue for me, so I can unreservedly say that I love everything about this.

It is crisp, snappy, and impressive.

I've made a few of my own changes in scripting to handle the clean up, but there really wasn't much to alter and I love the feel of this piece. It feels like Michael was channeling Annemann when he wrote this. Legitimately, part of it feels like it came straight from the Jinx (if you've got this, you know which bit I'm talking about) and Michael perfectly blends the thinking and techniques of the old masters with some of the more innovative ideas out there today.

I'm not being flippant or casual or blowing smoke - this is my FAVORITE routine. It was the first book I'd read in a while where I was excited to perform the material it contained.

I really didn't know much about him before, but this book made me take Michael seriously as a contributor to our industry and I can't recommend it enough.

Best,

Atlas
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Somehow I had missed this thread---just ordered. Will be thrilled if in the same league as Springboard!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
When Atlas Brookings says a routine is his favourite of the year, then you have to pay attention. So I really had no choice but to go ahead and purchase this effect. And I was rather surprised by what I read.

There are so many aspects of this work that I am unconvinced by.
It is DR so, as in all such effects, the reaction of the spectator will inevitably be out of sync with the nature of the supposed event taking place.
The reveal is based on one of the oldest and cheesiest of gags in card magic.
The initial category choice is incredibly convoluted and seems out of all proportion to the task of choosing one object out of five.
The 'kicker' amnesia ending is rather standard fare, certainly to anyone familiar with such effects as 'Cerebral Steal' etc.

And yet, despite all this I am delighted with my purchase. Why? Partly because Michael Murray is such a gifted writer. It is a real pleasure to read such simply crafted and clear explanations of an effect and its inner workings. He has the same gift as Barrie Richardson for making each effect a pleasure to read, regardless of your actual opinion of the effect. And what a joy in an ebook to come across so few typos and spelling mistakes!
But beyond that, Michael is obviously a deep and committed thinker and within the 16 pages of the ebook are buried some wonderful thoughts, subtleties and dare I say "springboards" for other ideas. The "boomerang force" alone will surely give birth to marvellous offspring.
Even if, like me, you are unconvinced by the potency of the effect (and I know I will probably be in a tiny minority in that) you should purchase this ebook to have your imagination tickled and to set your creative juices flowing.

The Welsh poet, Gwyn Thomas once said: "The beauty is in the walking-we are betrayed by destinations". That's what I think of ATM. I'm not hugely impressed by the eventual destination, but the journey there is a thing of true beauty.

For full disclosure, I do not know the author and paid full price for this effect.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Martin, a sincere thanks for your honest review. Good, bad or indifferent I appreciate all feedback!

I'm also greatful in your comments on my writing style too. Being compared to Barrie Richardson in the writing department has made my day. Credit for spell checking has to go to the wife though Smile

Ive got a few suggestions to help you with your concerns in the routine and will send them to you via pm.

I'm not content to let it rest at the sale, my support is always there for anyone who purchases anything of mine, help and advice are only a pm away Smile

Best Wishes to all!

Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Cheers Michael,

For what it's worth I honestly think you are one of the most creative minds working today. Please finish writing your book!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I'm on it sir Smile

Hope to have it done for September in time for my first official lecture Smile

mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
I'm not a regular Café reader and can honestly say I'm gonna have to be now. I was fortunate enough to have this beauty road tested on me at Magicbox and I loved back then in it's infancy. It has come such a long way since then and I have somehow bypassed the release. I will in touch with Michael very soon to make my purchase.
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4888 Posts

Profile of gdw
Sounds fascinating, though it raises certain moral concerns I think. Not necessarily in the morality of what the magician does, though I don't know as I don't own it. However, given the mention of dual reality (which I love as a concept) I'm gonna guess you might not actually learn their PIN in the process.
Any who, if that's the case, then it still raises potential questions for the audience's perception, which, I think, could be fantastic.

Art can, and often should (not neccisarily always though) touch on such issues. Especially with the implications of magic, and deception.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Gdw, interesting points raised and as a result you have given me an idea for a different angle on the performance on this Smile

I'm always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have on this Smile

Best Wishes Michael

j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I've been interested in this for a while and noticed that it is available at http://www.full52.com/atm.htm.

I just got finished reading and am blown away by this. Incredible thinking. Ingenious. Can't stop smiling...
Lakewood, Ohio
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4208 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Is it true that it is language based? You have to perform it in English? Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 15:12, JanForster wrote:
Is it true that it is language based? You have to perform it in English? Jan

Yes. But worth learning a new language for...
Lakewood, Ohio
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4208 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Oh, I am European and do speak six languages Smile ... but I do not expect my audience to do so Smile. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 15:43, JanForster wrote:
Oh, I am European and do speak six languages Smile ... but I do not expect my audience to do so Smile. Jan

I lived in London for 7 years and hold a dual citizenship. I speak English and American...
Lakewood, Ohio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ATM - Michael Murray (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL