The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » How do you folks send out contracts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ljlvent
View Profile
New user
iowa
95 Posts

Profile of ljlvent
Just wondering how all of you sen out your contracts. I have always sent two copies of contracts with a self-addressed stamped envelope for one to be returned. Usually this works, but I have had a number of instances where our fine postal system has lost the envelope. Every time this happens it causes me to re-think how to do this. It is quite costly to send everything with a delivery confirmation number, and even more costly to send things FedEx or UPS. But I hate it when this happens, makes me look bad even though the USPS is at fault. Maybe it is time to just bite the bullet and may the extra fee.
What are your thoughts and has anyone else had things get lost in the mail? I recently had the post office send me back an envelope with a sticker over the label I had placed on the envelope saying there was no such address and there was no forwarding address either. I contacted the person who was to get the envelope and double checked the address which had been written correctly on the envelope. I brought it back to the post office and we peeled the yellow labels off the address label I had used, and re-mailed the envelope. Got there just fine the second time! Go figure!!
Anyway - I'd appreciate any advice.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I prefer to send a pdf contract package to the client as an email attachment. Once we've talked, I tell them to expect the contract in their email by the next morning and if it isn't there, to please check their spam folder.

Another option is FedEx 3 Day Ground envelopes. These aren't as expensive as regular FedEx, but are generally delivered within a day or so even though they claim 3 day. Clients are usually pretty impressed by a FedEx package.

Of the two - email is usually the better option - and greener. There are options for electronic signatures too.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

ljlvent
View Profile
New user
iowa
95 Posts

Profile of ljlvent
Are there different ways to create pdf contract packages? What would your recommendations be? Thinking that this may be the way to go.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
For a straight contract - MS Word will save the file to a PDF. If I need to add extras like a W9 or pics - I use CorelDraw 12. You can also send those as separate attachments.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
For me, I just use email as a form of contract. The client will read the details of the show and reply to confirm. I've asked my lawyer and he said that it is legally binding. At least that's true from where I came from.

However, I usually use email for birthday parties only. For non-birthday party shows, I'll still prepare the faxed confirmation.
-----

Joseph Then

Singapore Ventriloquist
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Hi Lisa,

If you just send your package priority mail (USPS), they now automatically assign a tracking number at no additional cost. However, that only covers getting your package to the client, not the return trip which is what you need in order to get your copy back in hand.

If you just use an Email version of your contract, when the client replies in the affirmative that they "agree" to the terms, that is in fact a binding agreement in this Country.

See you in July.

Steve

http://www.thedummyshoppe.com/blog
ljlvent
View Profile
New user
iowa
95 Posts

Profile of ljlvent
Yes, I know that priority now has tracking, it is still about $5.00. I actually sent the second packet to the last client who did not receivei it certified mail which ended up being $3.50. They had to sign for it and there was a tracking number AND the got it!

I am probably going to look into an email pdf contract packet. Then if I still do have some regular mail packets to send I can send those either certified or priority and not have to spend so much on all of the contracts.

See you in July!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » How do you folks send out contracts? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL