The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long time listener... First time caller. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrewCampbell
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DrewCampbell
Hi All!

Been lurking for awhile and finally signed up. I suppose I should introduce myself...

I've been on/off on magic ever since I was a kid and figured out I could bounce a rubber band back and forth between my fingers, this escalated in my early 20's when I had the good fortune to work as an assistant for a local magician in Milwaukee. He taught me a great deal and I spent a good amount of time honing what I learned, though I've never thought of myself as anything but a dedicated amateur, or, since that word doesn't have the nicest connotations, enthusiastic hobbyist. My interest in magic has never waned, though my attention to it has. It seems every time I take a trip to Vegas I come home obsessed with magic for a time... This time is appears to have stuck.

I've been acting steadily since I was 11, and have always always enjoyed performing on and off stage. I prefer close-up work and prefer sleights to gaffs, though I'm not above using them or a solid packet trick as long as it works. I practice in front of a mirror until I can convince myself, then I try to convince my wife and end up back in front of the mirror (I have my original tutor, Jeffrey Jene, to thank for instilling a good "ethic" in me 20 years ago).

I've started going through the Ackerman EatCT DVD set (I've always had difficulty with books) step by step and am having a blast learning each move.

I look forward to learning from all of you, and hope to contribute in return.

Thanks!

-Drew
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Welcome, Drew,
Hey, I went through, in a different but similar way, what you went through. I also checked out this site, and eventually joined.
You are going to love it, and it definitely will sustain your interest and give you many ways to contribute and learn.

I share your love of close up as well. I look forward to seeing you around.
Have to do my vanishing act, see you soon,
Scott
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome DrewCambell,

You can't go wrong with Ackerman.

I'm with you, While I have learned some from books (well written ones) I really learn a lot better from video (and better still from good video).

-Mary Mowder
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café

sparky Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Drew,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Grosse Pointe Blank fan?
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Learning from another magician is way better than learning from books. I wish I had that chance when I first started. Welcome to the Café.
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
InstantMagicBen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of InstantMagicBen
Hi! I'v also just joined after lurking for many years! Welcome also!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long time listener... First time caller. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL