The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Is Catch 33 Worth It??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
flourishczar
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of flourishczar
The trick reads well, and it has the "asher" name on it, but is it THAT good? Does anyone have it/do it? I would appreciate feedback as to the value of this seemingly awesome routine. Thanks.
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
This guy wants to sell it for 30 bucks after his discount special. Is it me or is all his stuff expensive for what you get?? Smile
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
He has some great stuff, like the Asher twist, but aren't some other of his stuff remakes of some other effects. The one where you wrap a bill around the deck, looks a lot like P. Harris' Stretch, doesn't it?

A review anyone? Maybe it's still early. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
[quote]On 2003-11-27 02:23, niva wrote:
He has some great stuff, like the Asher twist, but aren't some other of his stuff remakes of some other effects. The one where you wrap a bill around the deck, looks a lot like P. Harris' Stretch, doesn't it?

Do you know what the out come of either effect is?
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Hi All,

Iím real new here, but I give a quick view/overview of Asherís Catch 33.

It sounds/looks like a nice 3 Card Monte routine on paper (I havenít seen it or tried it). You do need to be able to do the hype and you do tear cards in the routine.

If youíre looking for a nicely structured routine to learn, itís good at the special price of $19.99. If want options and moves and want to build your own routine go for Darylís Full Monte DVD.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
With all due respect Mr. Skin, I find your post quite interesting. First you say that "It sounds/looks like a nice 3 Card Monte routine on paper (I havenít seen it or tried it). " Yet you give your recommendation to get it at the SPECIAL (hmm...) price of $ 19.99. "If youíre looking for a nicely structured routine to learn, itís good at the special price of $19.99"

A little odd.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
[quote]On 2003-11-27 06:54, JasonDean wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-27 02:23, niva wrote:

Do you know what the out come of either effect is?

I know the otcome of both and it's the same. I also have the method for PH's Stretch and the two look identical. One uses a rubberband and the other a bill.

BTW, Did Lee have the Asher Twist as a downloadable file some time ago, or am I messing things up.
Yours,

Ivan
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Hey Neoglobin,

My opinion is base on reading the manuscript. I haven't seen the routine preformed or learned it, yet. As for the 'Special Price' comment, itís on his website for $19.99 (introductory offer) normal $29.99 (which IMHO is a bit high).

"A Little Odd"
Hmmm. Take most people at less 3 of my post to figure that out. Smile

Hope that makes things a little clearer. If not just ask.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
495 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Hello Everyone,

Glad to see we are all up to the same oldÖ.

Thanks to those of you who have come and visited my new sit. I hope all of you had a good time playing around on it.

To answer your question Niva about me Ďremaking others magicí, the answer is NO. I know that after downloading my small clip of ĎThatís a Wrapí, it seems as if you understand the method. I can assure you it is not the same as Stretch.

For those of you that donít know what Stretch is, itís a great Paul Harris effect (published in The Art of Astonishment -BOOK 2- pg. 147) with a deck of cards and a rubber band. The band is wrapped around the deck and with some magical gestures; it penetrates the deck to find a selection (or whatever).

The Hanes/Asher effect ĎThatís a Wrapí, a bill penetrates the deck and finds a selection (or whatever), but the method is COMPLETLY DIFFERENT. To the untrained eye it would seem as if they are the same but a closer examination of the method will prove otherwise. For instance, Harris utilizes the rubber bandís elastic quality to achieve his effect. You canít use this principle with a bill, itís not as elastic.

Iíll tell you what, get the booklet that has ĎThatís A Wrapí (it appears in Close Cover Before Striking) and if you think the method is too similar, you can have your cash back. I am pretty sure you will immediately see the difference and be happy.

Here is a link for you to find it eaiser.
http://www.leeasher.com/product_closebeforestriking.htm

As for those of you who feel Catch 33 is a bit expensive, I disagree.

In todayís magic market, there is so much material. Unfortunately, for the consumer, 85% is untested garbage.

You get comfortable purchasing trash.

When something comes along that has serious merit, you have to judge it differently. I promise you NONE of my material is untested. You also wonít find any of this thinking in Darylís Three Card Monte DVD or Whit Haydenís Monte Manuscript. Those are fantastic tools, but they are not Catch 33.

Is $19.99 worth it if you procure a job that pays 1000x your original investment?

Is $19.99 worth it if you are so inspired, you add this to your repertoire immediately?

I know the answer.

For those of you debatingÖremember, $19.99 is an introductory offer. Itís going up to $30 soon folks. Get it while itís cheap!

http://www.leeasher.com

Cheers,
Lee Asher
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Folks, folks, folks. Once again, we come to another point in our lives where we must give thanks. Thanks for love, family, Asher....what did I say Asher? The Five Card Stud! Sure as heck did!!

Lee Asher's new PDF "Catch 33" has to be one of the strongest 3 Monte Effects ever created!

It builds and builds and builds like no Monte routine has ever built before.

For many of you guys that may not know, Lee Asher a young close-up magician (hey, being in your twenties with material like this...the man is young) who, over the past couple of years, has been putting out top-notch card (and maybe a few other items) material for magicians of all skill-levels. His writing is clear and to-the-point and really knows what goes into making strong magic.

His PDF Catch 33 detailshis 3 Card Monte routine he used when he worked Caesar's Magical Empire in Las Vegas. It is strong folks!

Some of the phases is there, the psychology, the simplicity, it's all there and creates a highly magical result.

All the Monte phases are new and very effective for an audience of laymen or magicians.

The cool thing is...this is the perfect thing to get if you're experienced in 3 Card Monte, or if you're just starting out. These phases are new for the experienced and taught like you're a beginner. He explains all you need to know to perfect this fabulous Monte routine. You'll need to practice your rhythm with certain throws, but other than that, this routine is worth every penny.

So, if you're looking for a fun, magical routine that will blow the socks of any audience, buy Catch 33 by Lee Asher. Smile
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
I was just going to say that "Stretch" and "Thats a Wrap" have way different methods. But Lee took the words write out of my mouth.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I read the description...and I saw the trailer...They are just saying it will "DEVASTATE"...I would like to know how it is different from a regular 3 Card Monte...anybody know?
~joeKing
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Quote:
On 2003-11-29 01:31, joeKing wrote:
I read the description...and I saw the trailer...They are just saying it will "DEVASTATE"...I would like to know how it is different from a regular 3 Card Monte...anybody know?

This Monte routine is very different than the typical one. First of all, it all builds to the strong "Ripped" phase which a description of it can be found on LeeAsher.com. Also, all these Monte phases are new! Never before seen and the all interweave together to form a strong, strong routine. This routine is what Lee used as a professional at Caesar's in Las Vegas and on television. This Monte routine is something that is very, very magical and the new phases and build up to climax will fry laymen and magician audiences... Smile
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Lee. Thanks for clearing the matter up regarding That's a Wrap. I was only asking, because just as you said, there are many people who just put out variations of other people's effects. But I am not that interested in it. I am more intrested in Catch 33 and your Asher Twist. The latter looks great and has received great reviews here as well.

It also completely changed my mind regarding Ricochet. I initially watched the demo by Mr. Wilson and did not like it. What's with the handkerchief? But now that I have seen your version with your twist. Whoa man!!! Smile It sure looks pretty now. Does it come with the explanation of the Asher Twist when you purchase Ricochet? And is the Asher twist available in .pdf? Anyway I can't use the stupid Paypal so it's the same anyway. Smile Smile

Thanks again Lee. As for Catch 33 we have to sit back relax and wait. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
This type of thread always seems to pop up whenever Lee puts out a new product. First let me address price. Is $30 really too much to pay for a routine you will actually use? Man, I feel like I've cheated the creator, almost every time I add an effect to my act.
As for Lee's material, you can't fault anyone for being inspired by past performers. I haven't seen anyone complain about Daryl's Monte or Ambitious videos. There is a ton of stuff there that he didn't invent. Lee is always very meticulous with crediting.

Also, if you have ever seen Lee perform, his effects will devastate, even if they don't read that way. I have everything Lee has ever put out, with the exception of Catch-33 and Losing Control. Everything he puts out has something great on it, and usually more than just one thing. If I had his chops, I'd be doing his entire act, but I don't, so I have to be choosy.

If Catch-33 lives up to Lee's past items, you won't be disappointed. I really believe that. Lee, keep sharing, brother.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Let's clear things up. In my first post I was just asking and now I am glad it's not the same thing. I don't own anything from him, and there are many effects out there that are remakes or variations of others. Mine was just a question. Hope that clears things up. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok Folx,

I am the first to admit that I normally don't do gambling effects. But I got Catch 33 and it rocks!

Personally, I don't care if you don't buy it..it means fewer people doing it...which is great with me...

Normally 3 card monte is more of an exhibit than an routine. This actually had a start, a middle and a finish...and this has a hell of a finish!

As far as Lee Asher cribbing other peoples' material, that's ****. And that's all I'll say to that...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I'm becoming really interested in this...Could someone post a review??

Thanks!
~joeKing
anon
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of anon
Quote:
On 2003-11-29 10:00, niva wrote:
there are many people who just put out variations of other people's effects. But I am not that interested in it. I am more intrested in Catch 33 and your Asher Twist.

Hrmm.. Catch 33 is a variation on the standard monte routine which is as old as the hills and the asher twist is a variation on Dai Vernon's classic twisting the aces.

Oh and Riccochet was a variation on Paul Harris' Reset which in turn was inspired by an effect by Brother John Hamman.

There are no new effects in magic. Only methods..
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
Quote:
On 2004-01-01 14:25, anon wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-29 10:00, niva wrote:
there are many people who just put out variations of other people's effects. But I am not that interested in it. I am more intrested in Catch 33 and your Asher Twist.

Hrmm.. Catch 33 is a variation on the standard monte routine which is as old as the hills and the asher twist is a variation on Dai Vernon's classic twisting the aces.

Oh and Riccochet was a variation on Paul Harris' Reset which in turn was inspired by an effect by Brother John Hamman.

There are no new effects in magic. Only methods..

Yes, there are different methods and variations out there. Whats very cool about this is that we as magicians can find the proper methods and variations that fit our performance style. There is nothing wrong with that. Alot of great magic is made even better and stronger with newer methods. The original versions are original for that performer. Then newer methods come along to make it there own. Then it becomes original for them. I suggest that you take these "original" effects and make them original for you.

...you can be a leader or a follower. This is something my dad said to me once. Now I apply this saying to everything I do in life.

Jason Dean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Is Catch 33 Worth It??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL