The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New error message posting pictures. Please Help. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of edshern
"BBcode img entry contains an invalid image URL, is not an image, or could not be verified."

Getting this error message.
All I'm doing is copying/pasting the IMG code from photo bucket, which has worked before.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

PS- if I try to post the IMG code for you to see, I get the above message. Tried putting it in quotes and removing the img and the http. Maybe if I put it in pieces below? Also took out the first [ to confuse the computer.

img]http://i2

.photobucket.com/albums/y24/

edshern/photo32_zpsab377698.jpg[/img]
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
Planning to sell some magic items as soon as I hit 50 posts. Wondering the best method as to posting pics?
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Testing...

edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of edshern
Hi Mary,
Yes, I got that too.
But it used to display the photo right in the post & not the link.
Any ideas?
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Must be something with the image file itself. For security purposes, the scripts check the image file for size attributes. If it finds none, you'll get that error message. The image I posted above contains those size attributes, so it could be verified and was posted as you see. Just to see, I've saved your image to my desktop, opened and saved it using my graphics software (which will insert the size attributes). I've uploaded it to my website. If the problem is what I suspect it is, we'll see your image posted below.

Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Yup, it's your graphics software. Did you by chance use Paint to create and save this image? The method you used works fine, just don't use Paint to save your images.
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
Which software would you recommend?
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I use paint with no problems. I am also having trouble with photobucket. The problem is there. Will experiment

don't know why it is doing that. it worked a cupola weeks ago
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of edshern
Yay, thanks Jim.
I'm not crazy.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
I've been having the same trouble recently. I use Fireworks to edit the images and store them on Photobucket. I've used both tools/resources in the past for several other postings with no problem. I started getting the above-reference error message for the first time on April 27, 2013. I rec'd the same error message again today when I tried to embed an image in my post.

Also, if I post the exact same code for the image on 2 other forums unrelated to the Café, I have no problem whatsever...the images show up just fine (like they used to do on the Café). Works for both .png and .jpg images. So there seems to be some issue w/ The Magic Café and PhotoBucket no longer playing nice with each other, while third party forums still work with PhotoBucket.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 13:52, TH1 wrote:
Also, if I post the exact same code for the image on 2 other forums unrelated to the Café, I have no problem whatsever...the images show up just fine (like they used to do on the Café). Works for both .png and .jpg images. So there seems to be some issue w/ The Magic Café and PhotoBucket no longer playing nice with each other, while third party forums still work with PhotoBucket.

ME TOO!! as I said in the first post here.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5456 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hi Mary,
I can't do it either. Same message as above "BBcode img entry contains an invalid image URL, is not an image, or could not be verified."
I never had this problem before, and posted images seamlessly. Is there anything you are able to do on your end?
Thank you!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of edshern
I love validation Smile
Escape Artist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Escape Artist
I complained to photobucket and this was the reply

Ian (Photobucket Support)

May 06 01:53 pm (MDT)

We recently changed our linking rules, so that when a linked image is clicked, it opens on Photobucket.com, as opposed to opening as a separate, full-size image in a new window. This has caused some issues for users linking to some sites, like you are describing.

I'm sorry but I don't have a resolution for you and I hope this information that I have clarifies what the problem is.

The site you are posting to most likely has an infrastructure that handles links in a specific way. Other sites adhere to more general and broad technology standards, which allows them to be handled more gracefully and in alignment to web site standards. In those cases these changes are easily handled and caused no problems.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 02:05, Escape Artist wrote:
I complained to photobucket and this was the reply

Ian (Photobucket Support)

May 06 01:53 pm (MDT)

We recently changed our linking rules, so that when a linked image is clicked, it opens on Photobucket.com, as opposed to opening as a separate, full-size image in a new window. This has caused some issues for users linking to some sites, like you are describing.

I'm sorry but I don't have a resolution for you and I hope this information that I have clarifies what the problem is.

The site you are posting to most likely has an infrastructure that handles links in a specific way. Other sites adhere to more general and broad technology standards, which allows them to be handled more gracefully and in alignment to web site standards. In those cases these changes are easily handled and caused no problems.

Thanks for posting this.?
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Just tried embedding with imgur.com. Same error message. That's at least 2 services now that the Café does not play well with.

Mary,
Can you recommend any online image storage services (preferably free) that the Café will work with and not send an error message?
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Attempted the instructions on this thread, but as you can see, does not result in "embedding" the picture in the message. Merely a link.

Click here to view attached image.
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of edshern
What am I missing? I see a picture:)
TH1
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On 2013-06-08 23:03, edshern wrote:
What am I missing? I see a picture:)

Yes, you see a picture after you click on the link. It used to be that you would see the picture within the posting, with no need to click a hyperlink to open a separate window/image.
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of edshern
T, I do see a picture within the post without clicking a link!
From where I sit there is a picture of a house embedded
In your post! You don't?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New error message posting pictures. Please Help. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL