The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How to make a thrown object disappear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

majhra
View Profile
New user
Australia
61 Posts

Profile of majhra
Greetings all,

I'm after some assistance. Does anyone know of reference to an effect similar to (or the same as) throwing a ball (or other object) into the crowd (or towards someone) that never arrives, or disappears in transit?

All assistance welcome.

Thanks,
M.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
There are various ways to accomplish that effect, e.g., by use of a pull, Topit, or holdout.
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
I actually use a method that may or may not work for this effect. While it is not the same, it can be easily modified to work for anyone. During my cups and balls routine I have a young boy or girl come forward and throw the ball at the cup, only to have it vanish mid transit and reappear under the cup.

Now as this is the open forum and not the "Secret Sessions," I would not tell how this is done, though many of you out there may know. But if you want, PM me and I will share with you the incredibly easy method of doing the trick.
pcamel
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of pcamel
Are there any practical ways of making something disappear while really throwing it? with pulls you can't throw that far, and topits you're not really throwing it.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There are at least a couple of really good stage type methods.

Where specifically do you expect / desire to vanish what when tossed where and toward what?

IE The methods applicable depend on the circumstances.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, it is the retension of vision vanish. When I seen a Greg Fergson (I can't recall the proper last name) hit his rope knot with his paddle out into the audience, and it visually turned into a dove. That was magic. I really believed it was turned into a dove in mid air. A fantastic illusion.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I think it was Greg Frewen but my spelling might be off too.

You're right, it was as close to looking like "real magic" as I've seen in a long time.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How to make a thrown object disappear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL