The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » No Website For Doug Henning?? :( (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I am appalled that there is no website dedicated to Doug Henning. I thought I had found one, but all I see is ONE photo of him surrounded by a black background and zero text or links! What gives? Is it that nobody cares? Doesn't the guy who brought magic back to the masses deserve a little more respect and honor? Does anyone know the story behind "no website for Doug"? 

The whole thing really fills me with sadness.

I sure would be interested in hearing the facts behind this deporable oversight.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Doug who? - I say that with all respect and a smile - BUT it looks like you found a need that you are passionate about - so why don't you start a memorial web page for Doug Henning? That way you are being Pro-active and not just sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone else to do it.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
A website is hardly the definitive measure of whether "anyone cares" about Doug Henning or any other magician.

Doug's contributions to magic have been honored in the form of books like _Spellbound: The Wonder-filled Life of Doug Henning_ by John Harrison. I think that is a greater tribute to his life in magic than a website could ever be.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Starting a website is a little out of my reach. For one thing I just got fired from my job. No paycheck. For another thing I don't know the first thing about starting a website, or I'd surely have one of my own.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Look at the site yola .com and you can start a site on Doug for nothing,and up grade it later as funds come in again.
Just an idea ,and yola is very easy to get your head around the building process.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you can't handle a web site, start a Doug Henning fan page on Facebook. It's free!

Quote:
On 2013-04-30 00:06, daffydoug wrote:
Starting a website is a little out of my reach. For one thing I just got fired from my job. No paycheck. For another thing I don't know the first thing about starting a website, or I'd surely have one of my own.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes! Daffy>>>

Start a fan page. I'll be most happy to write up some EARLY history on Doug. I met him when he was about 17. Hey! I have a picture of him at about that age, doing the SUPER X outdoors in Toronto. HE HAD SHORT HAIR!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MartiniMagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of MartiniMagic
I would be very interested in a Doug Henning website or a fan page. How can it be that there is not one?
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
There is another thread in "Magic Names in Media" that has the contact info for the website - hope that helps

ideas@doughenning.com

Greg Mulvey
Creative Director
Presto Productions
http://www.prestoproductions.com
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2013, daffydoug wrote:

There are lots of free ways of doing a page, and in some cases, entire sites. Of course, if you want to link it to an email address, you'll get charged, but it's usually about five bucks. You may already have access to a service like that. As I understand it, the Café won't let you register with a free email service, so you're already paying for something. Whoever you're paying may have tutorials on setting up a site. Probably with ready-to-go templates! I look forward to your Henning site!!

Oh, and someone mentioned setting up a Facebook page for ol' Doug. Well, that's the easiest (and free-est)way to get started!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Here's a Doug Henning website:

https://doughenningproject.com
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks !!! I'm all smiles!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » No Website For Doug Henning?? :( (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL