The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Diary by Losander (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
155 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Losander has created yet another incredible floating effect. This time it's in the shape of a diary. The description says it's self-contained and can be performed anywhere with virtually no angle problems.

Check it out here on Losander's site:
http://www.losander.me/epages/62364720.s......he_Diary

I have "The Thing" by Bill Abbott. It's great but this new floating diary looks much cooler. You can weave a good story around it- a diary represents thoughts and feelings.
The Best Magic Effects to Take Your Performance to the Next Level
https://FireBirdMagic.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
That looks really good.
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
I saw this live at magifest. He stopped me and pulled me to the side and asked me if I wanted to see something and of course I said yes and this is what he showed me! It looked so amazing up close!
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-04-29 14:16, Zombie Magic wrote:
:sun:

What is the sun supposed to mean zombie? Lol
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Nice idea for a great presentation piece though this looks exactly like his Haunted Box but it's a diary. I do have is Haunted Box and enjoy it.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
I also saw Losander perform this at a recent Real Magic Roadshow in Boston. Absolutely amazing piece. Nice presentation and nice price.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
This would we great if you could perform it sitting down....and I'm sure you can. Standing up, I think the stage is too big for the effect--that's what the table is for. (I've got the Eclipse model). But this...it'd be great to do at the table...maybe have the spectator write on it first...
Poindexta
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Poindexta
Anything by Losander gets me interested. Looking forward to this.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
One thing that may be worth pointing out is this...

The floating table works because the cloth is a tablecloth.

The Zombie ball works because the cloth is supposed to be used to polish the chrome ball when it is introduced.

What is the cloth for here?

DD
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
I have many of Losander's products. I find them all very unique and creative. Like others, I bought Diary on a whim at MindVention 2012 when I found him unexpectedly in the dealer room. We were looking at new effects. Diary was so cool that I knew I had to have it. Very nice utility prop.
John
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
This looks really cool and definitely interested in it. Couple of questions for anyone who has this:

How much content is in the actual diary itself? In the demo, he seems to be showing a page or two but is there more than that? If that exposes anything, then no worries, but I guess I'm just trying to determine if its something you can flip through pretty fairly.

Also, is the content filled with actual entries? That when holding it out for a a spec to see, can they potentially read the entry if interested?

And like the haunted box, is this a pretty fragile item?

Thanks for any insight on this.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Don: The cloth is used to hide the gimmick!!!

Jim
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2013, Don Dasher wrote:
One thing that may be worth pointing out is this...

The floating table works because the cloth is a tablecloth.

The Zombie ball works because the cloth is supposed to be used to polish the chrome ball when it is introduced.

What is the cloth for here?

DD

Hi Don,

The cloth could be used to "protect" an old and valuable book from dust and sunlight and to prevent the wood cover from more nicks.

Regards, Steve
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I have to admit, its kind of funny how I reignite a thread that's a few years old with some questions and thus far, the only replies are addressing an older rhetorical question someone else had way back when!

Any insight gents to my inquiries above?
Thanks!
johndamen
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of johndamen
I've been interested in buying this since its release...but what has held me back in all this time is that even now years later, I've not been able to find one single complete review of this product. I honestly am baffled as to why. If someone has a link to a magic site or magazine that has a well-covered review of this...please post it here. Thanks.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Bringing back an old thread from the dead merely to say that at a Penguin mini-convention a couple years ago I was watching from the front row while Losander performed this. It was absolutely marvelous to watch.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2016, johndamen wrote:
I've been interested in buying this since its release...but what has held me back in all this time is that even now years later, I've not been able to find one single complete review of this product. I honestly am baffled as to why. If someone has a link to a magic site or magazine that has a well-covered review of this...please post it here. Thanks.

The demo video of this looks awesome, and I still would be interested to hear any reviews that may be out there.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
This is another typical masterpiece of super quality craftsmanship by a true genius of levitation, it is so easy to use and the cloth is used to keep it wrapped up and safe from the elements, I’m not insinuating you can leave it outside, just that it holds many secrets.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Diary by Losander (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL