The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Andy Greget's Sakkaku Scale Demo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Andy Greget, used magic book dealer, does a nice presentation of the Sakkaku Scale. I first saw him do it at the Genii convention in the dealers room and again last weekend at MAWNY. He really fools people with this and sells out of them often. Below is a link of him performing his demo (I apologize if this has been posted before)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oowECOu_CM

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Wonderfull performance, thanks John!
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2248 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Yes, very cool and clever presentation of Sakkaku Scale! Thanks for sharing the link!
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Great! I really love this trick!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The thing I took away was the joy Andy took in showing this to people and how positively people responded. It is a cool piece.

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Andy's booth is a focal point for me at any convention he's at. If I see his booth, I know I'll have at least one place to spend my time...and money.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
This is one of my favorite Tenyo effects. I love doing this for people, and it's my first choice when I have to show someone a trick.

Andy has a nice presentation, but I thought he could have used the ruler a bit better. It's worth pausing for a moment to let the effect sink in when using the ruler to measure. Thanks for sharing the link!
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1037 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Great trick I like his presentation as it reminds me a little of Harry Anderson.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I liked his opening line "Worst name ever for a Magic Trick" as he throws the packagaing away.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2407 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I call it the Pussy Trick.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
... hey now!
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2248 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-05-01 18:00, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I call it the Pussy Trick

...and the expandable ruler.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
... speak for yourself Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Ruler? I hardly know her.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
LOL!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1484 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
David Acer does a trick similar to this using the flat, cardboard coffee sleeves from Starbucks.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3369 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2013, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Andy's booth is a focal point for me at any convention he's at. If I see his booth, I know I'll have at least one place to spend my time...and money.

I always have to laugh when I see Andy on our home turf after attending an out of state convention (we both live in the same state): more often than not, I will have spent more money at his booth than at any of the others from far away places.

Andy is a real treasure who doesn't receive the acclaim he should because he doesn't have a web presence. He's a collector's delight and a very knowledgeable historian both regarding printed material and apparatus.

End of commercial. Smile

Julie
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Andy is a lot of fun to talk to. One can learn so much from his endless conversations. Great guy!
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I see Andy once every two years at the Magic History Conference in LA and his booth is the main focal point for my time in the dealer room and my money. A great guy.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2407 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I think that most of us who know Andy, and have spent a lot of time at his booth at conventions, can't recall seeing him perform any trick other than Sakkaku Scale. He used to work in the magic shop at Disneyland in California many decades ago, but now it's just Sakkaku Scale. He LOVES the trick. Me, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Andy Greget's Sakkaku Scale Demo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL