The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confetti in manipulation act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
miikkel3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of miikkel3
How do you carry the confetti during a performance until you need it when you don´t have any pockets?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No pockets, that means you are a girl and wearing a dress, then I suggest in the folds of your skirt, to install a pocket or a covering flap that will blend in with the design of the dress. Hope this helps.
miikkel3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of miikkel3
No i´m a boy, but thanks for your help anyway.
My costume for my manipulation act is made without pockets, so I wonder how I could make some kind of holder for some confetti to produce when I wanish a cd.
The pocket have to be out of sight for the audience and I need to have it where I could steal it without dropping any confetti before the vanish.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1491 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-30 15:07, miikkel3 wrote:
My costume for my manipulation act is made without pockets, so I wonder how I could make some kind of holder for some confetti to produce when I wanish a cd.
The pocket have to be out of sight for the audience and I need to have it where I could steal it without dropping any confetti before the vanish.

you could hide a small snow storm packet and use that for the confetti. Ive done this on occasion. Hiding a packet is much easier than holding loose confetti
miikkel3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of miikkel3
Quote:
On 2013-04-30 15:54, elimagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-30 15:07, miikkel3 wrote:

you could hide a small snow storm packet and use that for the confetti. Ive done this on occasion. Hiding a packet is much easier than holding loose confetti

could you tell me if I could make it myself and if so how?
I have the confetti
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Do you have a picture of you in your costume? If you do not have a coat or cape or something to work with, it is next to impossible. Unless it is made out of triple dead black velvet like Peter Marvey who wears a black art custom. The easiest holder is simply a women's hair clip, as you don't need a large amount of confetti. The other type of gimmick was published in an old Linking Ring Magazine, which was a 35mm film canister upside down with a rubber ball covering the opening. Today you could use a pill vial cut down to size.

If you don't have pockets or a cape or coat, then you have to look at your stage setting. If you use a box table or any kind of stand, then you need to create a reason to put or take something from it. In this case you may also have to be way ahead of the game with the steal and have to hold the confetti while doing other things.

I will also say you are going about designing your act backwards. You don't design your custom and stage setting, then try to fit the magic to your design of custom and props. You create the magic, and have the custom and props work with the plan of action for the magic.

So you have a decision to make, how important is the confetti to you. Also, it has been done a lot by others, so you are not really adding anything new to the vanish.
miikkel3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of miikkel3
Thank you for that ansver I Think I Can use it for my act.
I know that you need to have a reason for every move you make on stage.
But I don't Think a normal audience would Think I have seen that wanish before.
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
173 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
Most of the time you steal under your jacket. If you got a custome jacket, there are secret pockets, do there 's no problem. You can also steal from the lepal of your jacket, just for small things. Maybe sounds stupid, bus you can also pick something up from your bosom pocket! And don't forget sleeving. A great instrument for hiding and stealing!

that's what I do and use when I steal some sponge balls and fazers.
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
173 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
Btw: me is told that 'Chinese' confetti is the best. That is confetti that's keep slowly to the grond. I haven't experience to work with that!
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2013-04-30 18:40, Jac -dutch- wrote:
Btw: me is told that 'Chinese' confetti is the best. That is confetti that's keep slowly to the grond. I haven't experience to work with that!

I am pretty sure that Seo Magic (Japan) makes the best snowstorms and kabuki streamers.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8671 Posts

Profile of funsway
Jeff McBride uses confetti in many effects -- different shapes for a different fall rate and spin. Check with him.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Instead of confetti use SEO magic snow storm loads.

mix medium, small and Tanziku (slow fetti)
if it is a CD you are vanishing you can try to find mylar snow storm. not sure anyone makes it. Denny used to carry it but I don't think they have it any more.

personally holding a full snow load is hard to have the effect you want as it is way too much confetti. you only need a small amount for the vanish.

as for where to load it to steal from - it comes down to your outfit and where you can best hide it and get access to it.

as for what to make to put it in to steal from. keep in mind you can also steal it from your table if you don't want to get it from your outfit. not knowing your routine or outfit it is hard to give you a specific detailed thought.

there are many things you can use to get the confetti from film canisters to making a small spandex pocket hidden on you or your table.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1491 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-30 22:57, Sam Sandler wrote:

if it is a CD you are vanishing you can try to find mylar snow storm. not sure anyone makes it. Denny used to carry it but I don't think they have it any more.

personally holding a full snow load is hard to have the effect you want as it is way too much confetti. you only need a small amount for the vanish.

as for where to load it to steal from - it comes down to your outfit and where you can best hide it and get access to it.

as for what to make to put it in to steal from. keep in mind you can also steal it from your table if you don't want to get it from your outfit. not knowing your routine or outfit it is hard to give you a specific detailed thought.

there are many things you can use to get the confetti from film canisters to making a small spandex pocket hidden on you or your table.

sam

exactly!
miikkel3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of miikkel3
Quote:
On 2013-04-30 22:57, Sam Sandler wrote:

sam

Yes, I just need some ideas to some holders for the confetti that you have experience with
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Truth be told any h older I have used may or may not work with your outfit and table.

I did mention spandex and film canisters.

the idea is to make an easy access pocket you can steal from or a system that can drop confetti into your hands when needed.

a friend of mine actually just steals it from his back pocket. he has been getting away with that for years!! I always laugh when I see the routine cause I know what h e is doing but the movement he uses covers the steal. I think it is so funny that it is just a bunch of confetti shoved in his back pocket. LOL

the other idea I came up with would be to have the confetti on the cd you want to vanish and steal it from there.

basically have a small pocket made with the confetti in it on the cd and slide it out with your thumb as you do the vanish.

again I can not stress enough here that with out knowing your outfit or your routine me or anyone is just spit balling here and really can not offer you any specifics due to lack of knowledge of your routine and costume and table.

not suggesting that you have to expose everything to us just pointing out that with our knowledge we are offering blind advice.

sam
miikkel3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of miikkel3
Quote:
On 2013-05-01 08:46, Sam Sandler wrote:
Truth be told any h older I have used may or may not work with your outfit and table.

I did mention spandex and film canisters.

the idea is to make an easy access pocket you can steal from or a system that can drop confetti into your hands when needed.

a friend of mine actually just steals it from his back pocket. he has been getting away with that for years!! I always laugh when I see the routine cause I know what h e is doing but the movement he uses covers the steal. I think it is so funny that it is just a bunch of confetti shoved in his back pocket. LOL

the other idea I came up with would be to have the confetti on the cd you want to vanish and steal it from there.

basically have a small pocket made with the confetti in it on the cd and slide it out with your thumb as you do the vanish.

again I can not stress enough here that with out knowing your outfit or your routine me or anyone is just spit balling here and really can not offer you any specifics due to lack of knowledge of your routine and costume and table.

not suggesting that you have to expose everything to us just pointing out that with our knowledge we are offering blind advice.

sam

I just want to know how other would do it, then it dosnt matter how my setup on stage is and how my costume is.
I just need some ideas so I can come up with something that would fit perfectly into my routine
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Well again I mentioned
camera film containers
spandex
small box hidden in your table
I also mentioned making a pocket on your cd itself.

so I have given you some ideas now it is up to you to create the perfect solution for your specific needs.

sam
miikkel3
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of miikkel3
Quote:
On 2013-05-01 13:35, Sam Sandler wrote:
Well again I mentioned
camera film containers
spandex
small box hidden in your table
I also mentioned making a pocket on your cd itself.

so I have given you some ideas now it is up to you to create the perfect solution for your specific needs.

sam

Thank you sam.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I forgot to mention the rubber ball has a hole drilled through it and near the bottom of the canister. An elastic line from fabric stores is run though the ball and canister. Now all needed is to fill the canister, place the rubber ball over the mouth. Now with the canister mouth down and pined to the clothing, just push the ball to the side, and the confetti is delivered.

I think the hair clip is obvious, just attach a safety pin to the clip. Pull the confetti free.

If working out of a container or box, have a thin stick sticking up from the bottom. Place a clip (like a paper clip or just split the wooden stick) on the stick. Now as you reach for an object, the stick will place the confetti exactly into your palm or hand.
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
If you can work a TT into your routine, that would be a good way to store the confetti and allow you to start and end with seemingly empty hands.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confetti in manipulation act (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL