The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Ipredict+ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3274 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I am interested in this app (android user here). Quick question for those that use it. After the effect is over, what happens if the participant calls the number again, later on? I am thinking that this could reveal the trick? I would think a curious participant might call at a later time.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
They will hear the same message.

Also depending on which Android phone you have, the contacts doesn't look like your stock contacts. This is a giveaway because spectators will assume you're running an app because the look of the contacts list looks fake. On the iphone it looks like the stock contacts, but with Android, there's so many phone makers that it might be difficult or impossible for Greg to duplicate all the different contacts look out there.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
They will hear the same message.

Also depending on which Android phone you have, the contacts doesn't look like your stock contacts. This is a giveaway because spectators will assume you're running an app because the look of the contacts list looks fake. On the iphone it looks like the stock contacts, but with Android, there's so many phone makers that it might be difficult or impossible for Greg to duplicate all the different contacts look out there.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I was thinking of getting this but if it looks fake ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2746 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi george1953,

The look of the contacts list is from the Google Nexus Android phones.

As Itsmagic stated, there are hundreds of different looks that Android phones have for their contacts app. On the iPhone there's ONE look to contacts on every iPhone.

I would have to purchase EVERY flavor of Android phone just to know what they look like, and then simulate that. That's the reason why we went with the contacts of the Nexus.

Also, keep in mind that on Android, unlike the iPhone, many people use different dialer apps in contrast to the standard dialer of the phone. Hence, there should never be any suspicion as to why it looks different . . . you're simply using a different dialer app.

Another note is, once you do the secret move, you can hit the home button of your Android phone as you hand it to your spectator. They might see a contact page for a second before you leave the app completely.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Greg Rostami
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I just bought this for the Galaxy S4 and while the contacts are not the same it actually looks like my old contacts off my g2x but if you perform for people who do not have the same phone they will not notice...

Amazing App!!!!

-Bobby
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Ipredict+ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL