The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » D.M.T by Cristian Pestritu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Cristian Pestritu has finally finished his effect D.M.T

Demo here: http://www.52deceptions.co.uk/#!artist/csin

This is a great gambling effect, that can also be adapted to mind reading. From a gambling point of view which I am very fond of I will be using this.

Also this can be routine d into intuitive effects with ease.

Imagine this : A spectator it's asked to FREELY name any Card and Suit . You get blindfolded while they shuffle the deck.
Then you start to deal cards and make 2 piles...at the end you have only dealt aside their named suit and also been able
to find their card . ALL this blindfolded.
The spectators can shuffle the deck before and in the middle of the effect
You are blindfolded
No setup needed.
Instantly repeatble
3 effects tought in this download

Ive been using this for the past week and it stuns as it appears completely impossible.

This guy has some great stuff coming to follow this piece of madness.

52deceptions is offering a couple of review copies.

Please contact C@52deceptions.co.uk

All the best

R
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Great demo, worst demo music ever.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hope it's more than just punch dealing
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Card biker,

Cristian likes his hard music...... But the actual effect is dynamite. VERY DECEPTIVE.

Glad you liked the demo.

R
CRISTIANpestritu
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of CRISTIANpestritu
@cardbiker, glad you like the demo, the music it's part of who I am , it represents me. Also it's a mix between card magic principles and there is some psychology involved in this trick. I hope you'll find it good to perform in your shows.

Also to everyone that perform this and records the performance , send it to C@52deceptions.co.uk and you will receive from me some goodies (a trick already released ,and a peak to a new control that I'll gonna release soon) .

All the best

C
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Hi Cristian,

So is DMT a reference to the illegal drug DMT?

DD
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Actually, I'm liking the music! Mind telling us who that is Christian? BTW- very nice effect to!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
CRISTIANpestritu
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

@Don Dasher no DMT stands for Daniel Madison Tribute ,because from DM I learned more than 70% of the magic I use today, and after he's Scott tribute I was thinking that he deserves a tribute as well.

@RNK the music is Skrillex - First of the year .

Thank you for the kind words RNK

C
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Hmmmm... I'm going to be completely honest with this review.

I received a review copy and I'm glad I didn't buy it :/

It's a good idea, but it's just old. It is teaching two marking systems combined into one. One you can use blindfolded, one you cannot. I GUESS the effect is new, but in all honesty, it isn't THAT new.

That said, if you want to deal all of any suite from a deck of cards, then this can definitely achieve that. And it can be done from a shuffled deck. PERSONALLY, I don't think I'll be using this. It just has way too much preparation for an effect which I think is just mediocre. But as I mentioned, if you want to do the effect as described, definitely get this. It could work for you. Particularly in a magic act for a competition or something like that.

The three effects taught using it are VERY basic. They are the bare bones of the methods. I think that alone, they are obvious. However, if you were to clean them up a little and add some ideas and play with it some, it could be an okay effect.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Maddy

Being a creative person yourself I thought this would have sent you into a spin with ideas as I know it did for me, the core method is simple, I totally agree, but being able to determine cards at a cool speed of dealing is a huge advantage in many effects.

It doesn't have to be just a suit of cards, if you adapt the principle to several other great effects out there. Lets use out of this world for example, I performed a version of this at at the end of a gig last night with a couple at a table, they shuffled the deck to there hearts content, I then had each of them choose a colour, so one had red the other had black, iwas then blindfolded and I was able to deal the cards at quite a considerable speed into 2 piles, one in front of each spectator, they then turned over the pile in front of each of them to find I had been able to deal all red one side and all black the other...... They were stunned as upon inspection this deemed completely impossible.

You could also perform a great living and dead routine, in fact I've got loads of routines I could adapt this to bouncing around my brain as I'm typing this.

Simple it is, but it's the simple ideas that create some of the best mysteries in magic.

R
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
[quote]On 2013-05-06 04:57, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Maddy

Being a creative person yourself I thought this would have sent you into a spin with ideas as I know it did for me, the core method is simple, I totally agree, but being able to determine cards at a cool speed of dealing is a huge advantage in many effects.

It doesn't have to be just a suit of cards, if you adapt the principle to several other great effects out there. Lets use out of this world for example, I performed a version of this at at the end of a gig last night with a couple at a table, they shuffled the deck to there hearts content, I then had each of them choose a colour, so one had red the other had black, iwas then blindfolded and I was able to deal the cards at quite a considerable speed into 2 piles, one in front of each spectator, they then turned over the pile in front of each of them to find I had been able to deal all red one side and all black the other...... They were stunned as upon inspection this deemed completely impossible.

You could also perform a great living and dead routine, in fact I've got loads of routines I could adapt this to bouncing around my brain as I'm typing this.

Simple it is, but it's the simple ideas that create some of the best mysteries in magic.

R
[/quo
After posting the review, I decided to at least make up the deck to have a play with the system and see what ideas form. I definitely don't think its a bad idea. Just not really sure how well the method fits in with my style. But I will at least try it.
CRISTIANpestritu
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

image sharing

this words I've got from a customer that bought DMT. made my day!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I bought this and I like it. Sure you are not getting some ground breaking methodology but the idea is solid and the routines can play very strong. I wasn't familiar with the tactile MS and so this was money well spent. I can think of a whole host of applications for this including an ootw effect blindfolded with a shuffled deck. Tried out the included routine on a lay audience and it completely fried them.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I received a copy and he's put together an interesting concept. I feel the effect shown in the demo is the best. As Maddy pointed out one strength of the system is that you can be blindfolded or have your head turned, the other part no. But they blend well. I over thought this at first as a magician, but once I thought about how a layperson would see it, realized it would be strong for them. The more creative sorts out there will be able to come up with some other good uses I suspect.
As for difficulty, yes you will need to practice. It's not one of those (which I hate), "I received it this morning and put it in my "show" tonight" kind of effects.
The production values are basic. One static camera and in black and white. Well explained and shouldn't have many issues. It may take a little trial and error getting the gimmick right for your use.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Glad you like it tom g,

It has great potential, even in its basic form its baffling.

Cristian has done well with this

R
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
I received a review copy and must say I like this a lot. As for the method, I was familiar with one of the systems, but not the other. Yes, it will take practice to smoothly perform and deal the cards at a comfortable speed, however, I think the real potential is in the fact that you can utilize the method(s) in many ways and create your own routines. Also, it will take a little time to set up the deck, but once done, it should last as long as any deck would.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Alright, so I got a copy to check out and its interesting. It will definitely take some time to make so I may just make it once. But I can honestly say I can't wait to try it out! Work out some other effects with this deck though cause the three included were kinda basic. But I can see me using it for other different effects Smile good work man.
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On 2013-05-03 11:43, Rus ANDREWS wrote:

No setup needed.

Let me get this right.. Can this be done instantly with a borrowed deck? Magic Maddy mentioned that it had "preparation" involved, so I'm a little confused.
Thanks
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 16:06, Fin wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-03 11:43, Rus ANDREWS wrote:

No setup needed.

Let me get this right.. Can this be done instantly with a borrowed deck? Magic Maddy mentioned that it had "preparation" involved, so I'm a little confused.
Thanks

Casshan also wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 20:16, Casshan wrote:
Alright, so I got a copy to check out and its interesting. It will definitely take some time to make so I may just make it once. But I can honestly say I can't wait to try it out! Work out some other effects with this deck though cause the three included were kinda basic. But I can see me using it for other different effects Smile good work man.

I'm guessing that it requires a prepared (therefore not borrowed) deck, but that deck then can be used without subsequent setups.

Rich
CRISTIANpestritu
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Fin, without giving away to much , I can say that it can be done instantly with your deck, but it doesn't need no setup. it's instantly repeatable , and what you see it's what you get. about the borrowed deck , you can do that also if you use a little sleight . hope that helps.

C
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » D.M.T by Cristian Pestritu (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL