The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Best derby hat for juggling? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Which hat works best? Where did you find yours?

- cw
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Thanks - Looks like heavyweight will work best.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
I find that these Nils Polls Hats look "Clowny" and don´t have a `classic´derby form.
I would recommend a standard, well shaped Bowler (Derby), re-inforced on the inside.
An added layer of felt or leather, glued into to bowl really helps.
Andy Head suggests taking the silk liner out, and painting the insides with Shellac.
(I find this gives a good wieght, but stiffens the Hat too much.)

give it easy,
gallagher.
fingerflinger
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
57 Posts

Profile of fingerflinger
I first learned hat juggling with a derby, then moved on to wool top hats. Now I like to use Nils Pols hats. I agree that they don't have the classic look of the derby or top hat. However, they make many hat tricks so much easier to learn, and perform consistently. It is great having the thrown hats land on my head perfectly, due to their round shape. For me this is a worthwhile trade off for a less elegantly shaped hat...

I still own a Dube derby. I put some coat hanger wire inside the seam binding of the brim to stiffen it up. This made spinning the hat in my fingers using the brim way easier...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Best derby hat for juggling? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL